5 players who gained, lost most

aubiefifty

what do you guys think about coach dilly dilly? i have no idea about bo but it looks to me like malik and joey both have improved quite a bit from this time last year. i would be curious to hear what wde is hearing concerning coach dilly.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

51126BD4-1EC8-43C4-A912-D7456F836FB0.gif

I still ain't seen no damn hold. At least not one anywhere near the bearhugs constantly seen by the Alabama O line

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Yes he’s gotta play. 7-10 touches a game. Don’t over do it. But he’s a threat. 

This might be unpopular, but to me, I think Shivers should start over Whitlow. He is much more dynamic and powerful. Also, he has the attitude I want in a RB. I feel he would be the type of back that gets stronger the more you feed him. 7-10 wouldn't even begin to tap his ability.

IMO, Whitlow = P. Barber and Shivers = T. Mason.  

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

what do you guys think about coach dilly dilly? 

At the time I thought he was a really good hire. I'm way more impressed after the few months he's been at work. He is doing great things in recruiting and has brought in a whole new energy/vibe to the offense. A very personable and contagious attitude and personality. The kids love him. His work with the QBs and their rapid progression is a testament to him as a coach and teacher.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

This might be unpopular, but to me, I think Shivers should start over Whitlow. He is much more dynamic and powerful. Also, he has the attitude I want in a RB. I feel he would be the type of back that gets stronger the more you feed him. 7-10 wouldn't even begin to tap his ability.

At the time I thought he was a really good hire. I'm way more impressed after the few months he's been at work. He is doing great things in recruiting and has brought in a whole new energy/vibe to the offense. A very personable and contagious attitude and personality. The kids love him. His work with the QBs and their rapid progression is a testament to him as a coach and teacher.

I think whitlow is much better than Barber. Tre is one of my favorite ever. I haven’t seen enough of worm to get that kind of comparison yet but I would love to see you be right on that. 

10 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

It doesn’t matter what any of the backs do . Worm is head and shoulders above every back on the roster . Worm is a next level back . No question 

He's not head and shoulders above the other backs. But he's a good RB

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

He's not head and shoulders above the other backs. But he's a good RB

Yeah technically he is shorter than the other backs, but I’m my opinion he is the best back on the roster . If he gets 15 + touches a game. Au has a great chance to win. He is faster than the other backs and is always north and south . None of the other backs can touch him ability wise . 

11 hours ago, Win4AU said:

51126BD4-1EC8-43C4-A912-D7456F836FB0.gif

Where was This mysterious holding call? I’ve watched this 100 times . Cox had a great block to create the lane. What a nice play call to a home run threat every time 

14 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Where was This mysterious holding call? I’ve watched this 100 times . Cox had a great block to create the lane. What a nice play call to a home run threat every time 

That call was the refs telling Gus we aren’t going to have any of that today. 

6 hours ago, alexava said:

I think whitlow is much better than Barber. Tre is one of my favorite ever. I haven’t seen enough of worm to get that kind of comparison yet but I would love to see you be right on that. 

Whitlow needs to learn when to take a hit and keep fighting for yards and when not to.

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

what do you guys think about coach dilly dilly? i have no idea about bo but it looks to me like malik and joey both have improved quite a bit from this time last year. i would be curious to hear what wde is hearing concerning coach dilly.

I have the opportunity to meet him on Tuesday at a dinner and am looking forward to it.  I will try to record what he says and make a thread on it next week.

6 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I have the opportunity to meet him on Tuesday at a dinner and am looking forward to it.  I will try to record what he says and make a thread on it next week.

By him a Bud Lite for me. I'll pay you back.

image.png

10 hours ago, alexava said:

Yes he’s gotta play. 7-10 touches a game. Don’t over do it. But he’s a threat. 

Honest question: What does "over do it" mean? What is the bad thing that happens by giving him more touches than that? 

Again, honest question and I'm not attacking your opinion. 

9 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

I still ain't seen no damn hold. At least not one anywhere near the bearhugs constantly seen by the Alabama O line

well there was that kind of tackle by the lead blocker when KM cut up field....looked bad, might or might not have been a hold but the blocker hit the ground with his arms around bama defenders legs....:dunno:

2 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The holding was called on Cannella. He chipped a guy then went to the second level and got a piece of a linebacker(?). Very tick tack call. 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

Whitlow starting has to be more of a wildcat personnel deal right? I think the Barber comparison is spot on. People may think it’s a slight, but it’s just a explanation of him being more of a balanced back. 

Shivers needs more touches. He has power and if he gets a seam, that man is gone. 

Regardless of who starts, I am excited at the idea of Malzahns 2 back sets returning. The verts and wheel route opportunities with Joiner and Whitlow will be awesome.

50 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Whitlow starting has to be more of a wildcat personnel deal right? I think the Barber comparison is spot on. People may think it’s a slight, but it’s just a explanation of him being more of a balanced back. 

Shivers needs more touches. He has power and if he gets a seam, that man is gone. 

Regardless of who starts, I am excited at the idea of Malzahns 2 back sets returning. The verts and wheel route opportunities with Joiner and Whitlow will be awesome.

Did Whitlow take a lot of direct snaps in high school? Between him, Joey and Joiner, and maybe others, we might have 3 or more legit wildcat QBs on roster. 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did Whitlow take a lot of direct snaps in high school? Between him, Joey and Joiner, and maybe others, we might have 3 or more legit wildcat QBs on roster. 

He played QB in high school! 

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I thought he was a qb in hs!

2 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

He played QB in high school! 

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

I thought he was a qb in hs!

For some reason I couldn't remember if he played QB exclusively or was a tweener.

Down goes Loof! Down goes Loof!

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

For some reason I couldn't remember if he played QB exclusively or was a tweener.

Down goes Loof! Down goes Loof!

image.jpeg

Self deprecating humor is the best! 😆 

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

Self deprecating humor is the best! 😆 

As big of a jerk as I am towards all of y'all, I try to save the worst for myself  :laugh:

6 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Yeah technically he is shorter than the other backs, but I’m my opinion he is the best back on the roster . If he gets 15 + touches a game. Au has a great chance to win. He is faster than the other backs and is always north and south . None of the other backs can touch him ability wise . 

There's more to being a good RB than being fast and running north/south. Kam Martin is fast and runs north/south (I know Shivers is faster) everything cant be north/south sometimes you have to break tackles or just make people miss like Whitlow does. Whitlow has the most ability imo

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Honest question: What does "over do it" mean? What is the bad thing that happens by giving him more touches than that? 

Again, honest question and I'm not attacking your opinion. 

My bad I thought you were a regular on this board. Our coach gets demonized for overuse of running backs every year. Now it appears we have some very solid RB depth. We also have a whole bait of talent at the wr position and it is starting to appear that we might possibly have a couple of jewels for qbs. There is nothing absolute as a limit for touches on him. But he is about 180#. I know he got heavier last year but I would bet he slimmed back down for track and will not get too bulky at any point. I don’t think we have the line to line up and feed a rb over and over just bullying defenses like we did for parts of ‘16 and ‘17 with Pettway and KJ. Worm is a weapon but not THE weapon. You want the opponent to be surprised or off guard at times. The only way I see of him being a 20 carry back is a 2013 style offense. That’s not our style right now. 

Archived