Oh No! AL.Com!

AURex

I can't look at AL.com articles unless I disable my ad-blocker. Oh No! What shall I do? Do I really give a big enough s**t about al.com to disable my ad-blocking plug-ins?  Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ------------------------------- Nope!

On 6/11/2019 at 9:34 PM, AURex said:

I can't look at AL.com articles unless I disable my ad-blocker. Oh No! What shall I do? Do I really give a big enough s**t about al.com to disable my ad-blocking plug-ins?  Ummmmmmmmmmmmm ------------------------------- Nope!

No you don't. If it's worthy of reading, someone will copy and paste enough of it here to take care of those of us that refuse to give al.com clicks.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:26 PM, Mikey said:

No you don't. If it's worthy of reading, someone will copy and paste enough of it here to take care of those of us that refuse to give al.com clicks.

i do that and i do it for aufam and not for al.com. i get less complaints than i used to. people should be informed about what is going on even if they do not like the site. if more people stood up and raised hell about clickbait articles on al.com instead of bitching about it on here it would force them to change. my major factor in posting some al.com articles is they are free unlike all these cats that want you to buy their info which should be free to begin with.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

i do that and i do it for aufam and not for al.com. i get less complaints than i used to. people should be informed about what is going on even if they do not like the site. if more people stood up and raised hell about clickbait articles on al.com instead of bitching about it on here it would force them to change. my major factor in posting some al.com articles is they are free unlike all these cats that want you to buy their info which should be free to begin with.

not attacking you mikey at all. your post just happened to trigger my thoughts and nothing more. waves

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

not attacking you mikey at all. your post just happened to trigger my thoughts and nothing more. waves

I didn't feel attacked. You made a good post.

• 3 weeks later...

I scroll through al.com everyday. I get a lot of useful information. Sometimes they publish something I don’t like or agree with. That’s when I put my big boy panties on and deal with it. 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

I scroll through al.com everyday. I get a lot of useful information. Sometimes they publish something I don’t like or agree with. That’s when I put my big boy panties on and deal with it. 

That's your choice. They make their money off the number of clicks and I choose to not give them clicks. If it's something important to Auburn it winds up here anyway.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Yep they posted an article on a dear friend of mine that was 10% true.

6 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Yep they posted an article on a dear friend of mine that was 10% true.

SC?

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

That's your choice. They make their money off the number of clicks and I choose to not give them clicks. If it's something important to Auburn it winds up here anyway.

My entire life doesn’t rotate around auburn sports. There are many more important aspects of news in this ridiculous state we live in. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

My entire life doesn’t rotate around auburn sports. There are many more important aspects of news in this ridiculous state we live in. 

Al.com is how I keep up with the goings on in my native city and state......I check bi-monthly at the very least.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

Thats the problem with media today........clicks.........any basement dweller with an opinion now calls themselves trusted news.

You just have to pick and choose what you need out of AL.com. Although I still have problems w Blum's articles as he always points out the negative, even in a good positive article. 

And with the AD blocker message, just refresh your screen 3 times, and on 3rd refresh the AD Blocker Message will then give you the option to continue without allowing ads. 

• 2 weeks later...

The last few years Saturday Down South has bypassed Al.com IMO in the most consistently hateful, unfair and outright misleading blather about Auburn. Every. Single. Story. 

Archived