MLB thread

GwillMac6

This Twitter handle puts out some interesting stuff.  This is crazy good. 

• Like 2

On 8/14/2022 at 2:18 PM, AUBwins said:

@augolf1716 would probably appreciate this painting.  A lot of Yanks in there.  Legends!

Hank Aaron is the man. I know it is what it is but that Phillies uniform on Schmidt doesn't belong in this portrait. The pinstripe uni would have been a better choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Phillies uniform on Schmidt doesn't belong in this portrait. The pinstripe uni would have been a better choice. 

I didn't catch that but you're right. Looks totally out of place

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

Hank Aaron is the man. I know it is what it is but that Phillies uniform on Schmidt doesn't belong in this portrait. The pinstripe uni would have been a better choice. 

They must have wanted to diversify the teams a bit for the painting and Schmidt gave them an out

• 1 month later...

Good stuff by the A's here

• Like 1

...and then this happened. What a way to end a career.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Mariners with the 2nd largest comeback in Postseason history. Down 8-1 and comeback to win it 10-9 to advance!!

The kid in me has always pulled for the mariners as a second favorite. I loved some Ken Griffey Jr as a kid, and Randy Johnson was a stud. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jgarrett7 said:

The kid in me has always pulled for the mariners as a second favorite. I loved some Ken Griffey Jr as a kid, and Randy Johnson was a stud. 

Same reason I became a fan.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:16 PM, tgrogan21 said:

Same reason I became a fan.

Not to mention they have slick unis and colors

• Like 1

Love playoff baseball. Mets not there though 😁

Actually good for everyone Mets didn't advance with that strong start of their rotation. 

• 2 weeks later...

That World Series could be fun.  Dominating Veterans in the Astros against the hottest 3rd place team from the NL East in the Phillies.  Astros are such a complete team top to bottom.  No one deserves a ring that doesn't have one more than Dusty.  Go Stros! #DoitforDusty

Edited by AUBwins

Entertaining game 1 last night.  Wishing for an Astros victory in game 2. Tough enough to have to win 1 in Philly, much harder for 2.

Framber came through, and maybe Altuve has finally snapped out of the longest funk I've ever seen him be in.

Weather doesn't look too terrible in Philadelphia for the 3 up there. Lance has a good demeanor for pitching on the road, and hopefully he's sharp.

Yes.  Pitching was excellent for Stros.  Should be an advantage until the Phillies get back to the top of their rotation. 

Well, so much for light rain tonight, apparently...

The upside is that keeping Philly sports fans at home on Halloween is a win for everyone.

• Haha 2

I think all it did was get these guys hungrier.  They destroyed McCullers.  Bryce starting it off was all the confidence they needed.  Smoltz basically called that homerun all the way.

Yeah, Lance got lit up like a Roman candle...tipping pitches or not, he served up a lot of meat, and the Phillies devoured it.

Wouldn't give one a whole lot of confidence in him pitching any part of a Game 7, should it go that far.

Lose tonight and you can pretty much put this one to bed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLAG-91 said:

Yeah, Lance got lit up like a Roman candle...tipping pitches or not, he served up a lot of meat, and the Phillies devoured it.

Wouldn't give one a whole lot of confidence in him pitching any part of a Game 7, should it go that far.

Lose tonight and you can pretty much put this one to bed.

Losing tonight would surely be a steep climb.  Minimum goal of course is to make it back to HOU. but winning 3 straight definitely a bit harder than 2 straight.  Saving Verlander tonight? or tomorrow?  If there is a thought to run him for a game 7, he needs to go tonight.  Although, Verlander is actually 0-8 in World Series games, right? The extra day of rest with the rain delay opens things up a bit. HOU must win tonight.

ASTROS COMBINED NO-NO WINS GAME 4!  TIED 2-2.  INCREDIBLE PITCHING.  BIG CHANGE FROM GIVING UP 5 HOMERUNS LAST NIGHT.