Last Chance U

DAG

Just now, Barnacle said:

Yeah I think it's an all of the above kind of thing - referred to multiple ways, but ultimately called the same by the playbook. For instance, we didn't use different numbers to distinguish a "fade" from a "go". Outside release, up the field, throw to the outside shoulder - that's a 9. 

Yeah I think a lot of schools do that tbh. That dang terminology, which Ironically messes with a lot of players. I was listening to last chance U coach, Jason Brown, talk about this and he goes into detail about how simple terminology can screw up an offense. Sometimes you just have to go by KISS, which most collegiate schools do. BTW, I recommend everyone go listen to that dude. You might not like how he is represented on Netflix but he has some serious real life coaching wisdom and funny stories lol.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yeah I think a lot of schools do that tbh. That dang terminology, which Ironically messes with a lot of players. I was listening to last chance U coach, Jason Brown, talk about this and he goes into detail about how simple terminology can screw up an offense. Sometimes you just have to go by KISS, which most collegiate schools do. BTW, I recommend everyone go listen to that dude. You might not like how he is represented on Netflix but he has some serious real life coaching wisdom and funny stories lol.

I haven't watched since JFIII's season. Worth it?

Just now, Barnacle said:

I haven't watched since JFIII's season. Worth it?

Season 3 is legit, but if you don't like foul language do NOT watch. Season 4 drops off badly, IMO. BTW, JF3 is back at bears camp making noise. Ironically, one of my coworkers bought this to my attention the other day. It was so random.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Season 3 is legit, but if you don't like foul language do NOT watch. Season 4 drops off badly, IMO. BTW, JF3 is back at bears camp making noise. Ironically, one of my coworkers bought this to my attention the other day. It was so random.

Really??? Good for him.

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

I miss buddy Stephens. Him in last chance u and rush propst in 2 a days. you were just hilarious, entertaining, compelling and incredible reality TV characters. 2 of my all time favorite shows because of them. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I miss buddy Stephens. Him in last chance u and rush propst in last chance you were just hilarious, entertaining, compelling and incredible reality TV characters. 2 of my all time favorite shows because of them. 

Netflix and them parting ways was probably the best thing to happen to them. They ended up once again becoming national champions. Season 1 is still my all time favorite though

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Netflix and them parting ways was probably the best thing to happen to them. They ended up once again becoming national champions. Season 1 is still my all time favorite though

GOAT stays GOAT! Haha. I def have been keeping up with them religiously since season 2. I saw Bo Wallace the former ole Miss QB took Clint tricketts role on his staff once he left for FAU. Absolutely season 1 is Def the best. I loved that kid who was the breakout character among the players really wanted to go to Auburn. The defensive lineman. Can't remember his name off the top of my head.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

GOAT stays GOAT! Haha. I def have been keeping up with them religiously since season 2. I saw Bo Wallace the former ole Miss QB took Clint tricketts role on his staff once he left for FAU. Absolutely season 1 is Def the best. I loved that kid who was the breakout character among the players really wanted to go to Auburn. The defensive lineman. Can't remember his name off the top of my head.

Ollie. He actually signed with Oakland but just got cut unfortunately. Man, he was my favorite character as well. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ollie. He actually signed with Oakland but just got cut unfortunately. Man, he was my favorite character as well. 

WOW WOW WOW I never would of dreamed he would of made it in to a NFL camp. That is amazing. Def a overachiever. I hope he lands on someones practice squad. He was easily my favorite as well. So funny and likeable.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Season 4 was such a waste of time.  Unfortunately I knew the record beforehand so that was also a bummer.  I hope this upcoming season they go back to EMCC or Garden City. 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is a secret episode from this season many don’t know about under the “trailers and more” section titled ”Where are they now?”  Ollie is in it. 

23 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

There is a secret episode from this season many don’t know about under the “trailers and more” section titled ”Where are they now?”  Ollie is in it. 

Appreciate the heads up Brodie!!! Good looking out. Def going to watch that tonight.

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Season 4 was such a waste of time.  Unfortunately I knew the record beforehand so that was also a bummer.  I hope this upcoming season they go back to EMCC or Garden City. 

They sucked so bad but if you

listen to Jason it all makes sense. He got a little too Hollywood and it followed with the staff. I would love it to be at Garden City if coach sims was still there but he left. 

Still finishing up Indy part 2. I may be in the minority but I don't think season 4 dropped off that much. Seeing the team crumble and all that Coach Brown has to deal with has a certain level of entertainment value to me. I dunno what that says about me but whatever LOL. But would agree Indy pt 1 had more wins and was a more "explosive" season

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Still finishing up Indy part 2. I may be in the minority but I don't think season 4 dropped off that much. Seeing the team crumble and all that Coach Brown has to deal with has a certain level of entertainment value to me. I dunno what that says about me but whatever LOL. But would agree Indy pt 1 had more wins and was a more "explosive" season

I wonder what episode you are on? 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I wonder what episode you are on? 

Wrapped up episode 6 last night. Got 2 more to go before the "where are they now" update.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Wrapped up episode 6 last night. Got 2 more to go before the "where are they now" update.

Man, it kind of went down the drain from me after episode 4, which was my favorite episode lol.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Man, it kind of went down the drain from me after episode 4, which was my favorite episode lol.

Episode 4 was epic! Not trying to divulge any spoilers but yeah episode 4 was a classic. The Garden City coach on his high horse was funny to me

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:55 PM, Tiger said:

Episode 4 was epic! Not trying to divulge any spoilers but yeah episode 4 was a classic. The Garden City coach on his high horse was funny to me

Was happy to see appearances of Rodney Garner and Terry Price this season. Made me smile. 

Archived