Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

I've already stated my position against the new logo.

That said, Auburn wins the SEC and/or a Natty with it and I might just get the new logo tattooed on me 😁.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would not have minded it if they had just filled in the tiny white triangles with orange. I do not like the squattier U and I want absolutely NOTHING to do with a font called "Sabon". 

Hey look our WHO DUN IT new logo saga made it to mainstream media with Golic JR lol. Yay? IDK. Whatever. Just do not change the logo. The end.

4 hours ago, madkat7 said:

It's the rounded bottom of the "U" that is killing me. It looks unstable and puffy. If they merely wanted to emphasize the A, why not just eliminate the white space in the 1st example below (bottom left). If they "had" to change the AU proportion, at least keep the older shape of the U as in the 2nd example (bottom left). I think either of these is a better alternative than the new one the Leathites came up with.

AU Logo Options.jpg

I like your “better options” way more than what we have been given. However, I showed those logos to my friend who is a graphic design Auburn alum and she said that though she prefers what you have there, those two logos still have ink traps where the bottom of the A meet the inside of the U(those two little white points). So basically it would completely defeat the purpose of what they are trying to prevent, if they used either of those logos. 

17 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I would not have minded it if they had just filled in the tiny white triangles with orange. I do not like the squattier U and I want absolutely NOTHING to do with a font called "Sabon". 

When you say it with a French accent, it's not that bad

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

When you say it with a French accent, it's not that bad

Like you’re profile pic. Say it like he would.

20 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Yeah.... Don't see the point. 

Now, instead of an "AU" it looks like an "A" on a horseshoe.

But on a helmet with an orange facemask I bet it'll look awesome.  😎

Thanks as it will forever be locked in my memory😂

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I like your “better options” way more than what we have been given. However, I showed those logos to my friend who is a graphic design Auburn alum and she said that though she prefers what you have there, those two logos still have ink traps where the bottom of the A meet the inside of the U(those two little white points). So basically it would completely defeat the purpose of what they are trying to prevent, if they used either of those logos. 

I'm just so heartbroken that I didn't realize the struggles that graphic designers have suffered through by having to print the "old" AU logo over the last 50+ years.  I sincerely hope that this new design brings them peace & comfort and they never have to suffer needlessly again.

tenor.gif

Someone created a petition on that change.org site 🤣🤣

Some of you are so resistant to change I can't even imagine your inner anguish each morning with a new pair of underwear...."but the old pair fits better"

10 minutes ago, selias said:

Someone created a petition on that change.org site 🤣🤣

Some of you are so resistant to change I can't even imagine your inner anguish each morning with a new pair of underwear...."but the old pair fits better"

Oh, I put on a new pair of underwear everyday.   ....but they all look the same. B)

Anybody wondering if maybe Auburn's just seeing if anyone's paying attention?

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm just so heartbroken that I didn't realize the struggles that graphic designers have suffered through by having to print the "old" AU logo over the last 50+ years.  I sincerely hope that this new design brings them peace & comfort and they never have to suffer needlessly again.

tenor.gif

Yea I still don’t understand why it’s such a big deal to them. Who cares. That logo has been getting printed for as long as it’s been around and nobody has had a problem. To be fair to her, she agree that it’s not a big enough issue to change it. She does work for the University doing graphic design and she said that they aren’t going to change every single AU on campus. She said they will change the prominent ones like helmets, Jordan Hare AU logos, etc. But they won’t replace everything. They’ll just keep a trademark on the old one and then they can use both with the teepee being “official”.

16 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Anybody wondering if maybe Auburn's just seeing if anyone's paying attention?

:popcorn:

I'm not sure I can give anyone there that much credit right now. We just keep outdumbing ourselves. Thank you to Gus and the coaching staff for the stellar job in recruiting that's giving me hope. 

First world country problems are so hard! 😂 

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The bottom left one is the best of the new ones. That said, can we please somehow squash this whole idea and chalk it up to a waste of funds that could have been better spent. We got the Tank so I guess all is good in our world!

I think some of us who have been Auburn fans dating back to the 60s and earlier grew up with a level of tradition that has served us well over the years and we are loyal that way and we take our tradition to heart. The Auburn emblem is a sacred part of deep Auburn tradition to us.

I am not saying our younger fans disrespect tradition whatsoever, but us old guys just do not want certain things that have been able to stand up through the ages changed.

I understand change when it is needed, and there are a lot of changes we all want with respect to our Auburn teams such as a new football facility, and getting JHS updates that are sorely needed. The end zone that looks like a drunken 90 year old's attempt with legos is needed to make us look nice like a lot of our SEC foes have. Maybe we can get attendance up and show that stadium expansion is needed to get us up or slightly over the 90,000 threshold. Things like these are the changes we need.

Not to forget, the updates to the baseball park that should have been started on  in May. Changes that are all on the table that need to be off of the table and into production asap.

image.jpeg

The majority of people mad about this wouldn’t have noticed it had they not announced it. It took me a minute and I work in design. Haha

44 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Who the Hell cares?

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

5 pages of this. A slight change and I read them all. Wow 

Hi Question.  Let me introduce you to Answer.

:rimshot:

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

tenor.gif

Hahahaha

21 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

The majority of people mad about this wouldn’t have noticed it had they not announced it. It took me a minute and I work in design. Haha

Mad no, displeased yes. And I guarantee you I would have noticed. I spent years drawing our logo on every notebook and folder I had in school. :)

There's just so many things that needed improvement or upgrades and this is what we chose to address. It's like Meg Ryan having work done on her face...and there was NOTHING wrong with her face.

Archived