Auburn Changes Logo

weathergeakal

So ******* awful I keep hoping it’s a stupid s*** joke. What a waste of money for an ugly thing that looks like it was stretched too wide and the ratio wasn’t protected.

We can’t do alternate unis but we can be this ******* autistic? s***, I’d prefer going back to the eagle popping out of the A.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with updating the branding a little but there was no need to alter the logo like that. If you want to introduce an alternate logo or bring back a retro logo that's fine. The AU is clean and timeless and unique. This looks like a first grader drew it. People are rightly going to flip if this appears on helmets and jerseys. 

12 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm fine with updating the branding a little but there was no need to alter the logo like that. If you want to introduce an alternate logo or bring back a retro logo that's fine. The AU is clean and timeless and unique. This looks like a first grader drew it. People are rightly going to flip if this appears on helmets and jerseys. 

CandidAnotherFattaileddunnart-size_restr

As the representative Auburn University Art School Alum I must protest this design. For one, the design note are insane... Why do we feel a need to focus on Auburn "A" and not the University "U" ? If anything we should be overly focused on the "U". You know... The reason why Auburn athletics exists in the first place.

Secondly how does this update anything in a digital space? It is a logo built using basic fonts, like literally... Copperplate is on every technological platform.

Why was this necessary? And please tell me we did not pay somebody to do this. What is the Athletic Department trying to hide?! What it sounds to me is that someone got a hold of some discretionary funds but now has to BS a reason for its necessity.

So, does this new ridiculous logo replace the one now decorating JJ's Jumbotron at Jordan Hare? This is worse than the Samford and Donahue branding plan.

We just can't help ourselves, spending money and getting nothing for our investment. If they were going to change the logo then change it. This just looks like a botched plastic surgery. Unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Well my wife prefers the old one, and she's smarter than I am, so there's that.

Well, you've just proven something with your comment though.....

giphy.gif

17 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

season01_ep35_ss01.jpg

Must admit.... genuinely curious.  Please explain.

I mean, I could ask my 10 yr olds, but they're in bed right now...

46 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

It looks terrible on the phone! Like someone stretched it out. Ha

It actually does look a little better on a normal sized screen. Still looks like it was sat on, but it's better.

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Must admit.... genuinely curious.  Please explain.

I mean, I could ask my 10 yr olds, but they're in bed right now...

So in the world of Pokemon there is one in particular named Ditto. A Ditto only has one ability and that is shapeshifting into its opponent...

In the Pokemon cartoon, whenever a Ditto shapeshifts into something else it is mimicking it does so perfectly, the one exception being the noticably beady eyes and goofy smile.

It seemed a lot more clever in my head, but the new logo is an almost perfect replica except something is a little off and wrong about it.

I'm Joseph, aka JBiGGiE, and welcome to my TedTalk.

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

So in the world of Pokemon there is one in particular named Ditto. A Ditto only has one ability and that is shapeshifting into its opponent...

In the Pokemon cartoon, whenever a Ditto shapeshifts into something else it is mimicking it does so perfectly, the one exception being the noticably beady eyes and goofy smile.

It seemed a lot more clever in my head, but the new logo is an almost perfect replica except something is a little off and wrong about it.

I'm Joseph, aka JBiGGiE, and welcome to my TedTalk.

I'm not very knowledgeable in the world of Pokemon but kudos to you on that one. Well done! 

Could have paid for baseball and softball upgrades that are desperately needed and deserved.  Florida building new stadium, Auburn slightly changing logo.  This is why we are behind.

Archived