LSU players laying on the field faking injuries

gr82b4au

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Careful, somebody's going to swoop in here and tell you that LSU fans are the best in the world and that you must have done something to piss them off and it's your fault and you just don't get them. Every fan base has a few bad apples, none of that's true because I had some great gumbo in Red Stick one time, blah blah blah. 

I promise this will be the conversation LSU week. 

Was in a car audio club many years ago with an LSU alum and he was great......extremely intelligent.......Also attended phantom whistle game with an LSU alum and his wife.........they were treated as poorly as we were......I guess guilt by association. I firmly believe LSU fans in Tiger Stadium are the worst I have ever encountered.

On 9/11/2019 at 3:06 PM, gr82b4au said:

This is something that I have noticed for years. When LSU plays a good opponent and are on the ropes, like the last 3 games against AU, you see defensive players fake injuries and lay on the field because they are tired. They go off the field and then 2 plays later they are right back in the game. Maybe if it happens one or twice it would seem like coincidence. This happens over and over, year after year. 

They did it again Saturday night against Texas. I started laughing. Afterwards my brother (who was at the game) texted me and ask if this is normal for LSU. I told the Yes - in big games they are taught to fake injuries so that they can catch their breath and slow down the opposing offenses. Bad sportsmanship but it works like a charm.They are masters at it.

Unless you are a trainer or Doctor, responsible for treating those kids, you have no earthly idea whether those injuries are legitimate or not.   Don't pass this off as absolute fact when its only your opinion. 

51 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Was in a car audio club many years ago with an LSU alum and he was great......extremely intelligent.......Also attended phantom whistle game with an LSU alum and his wife.........they were treated as poorly as we were......I guess guilt by association. I firmly believe LSU fans in Tiger Stadium are the worst I have ever encountered.

I've heard it from too many people. I'd like to visit, but I think I'd rather go for Bama @ LSU and sit with LSU fans. 

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Concur.

Full disclosure, and with apologies to Golf: I have not been to West Virginia.

On 9/11/2019 at 10:03 PM, penguin149 said:

Easy fix would be to disallow that player to return to the game until a change of possession. 

I kinda agree with this. It is unfair to eliminate from play any players who are legitimately injured, but also reduce the number of players who are gaming the system.

That said, I personally think a large percentage of guys who go off injured really are "feeling the pain." But I do think that a lot of them can recover and come back later? Ummm yep. So the 1 series lay-out *might* seems reasonable.

However, do we really want that rule to apply to QBs? Or RBs. Or WRs? I mean -- our guys as well as theirs?

Let's Get thge rule steAight, okay?

Archived