5* SG Jalen Green Picks The G League

tigerbrotha12

47 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Yep. He's treating just about everything like "you shouldn't care about this because you should only be caring about Covid-19."

I think years of reading hooks posts have prepared us for this. Dude always takes us on a emotional roller coaster ride!!! Lol

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

JMHO, but I think the new pro talk is just to build suspense for his announcement.  

agree. especially when these sites  and recruiting guys are searching high and low for ways to get clicks with the nation at basically a standstill in sports. They have nothing to report on new really, so they want clickers to keep checking on their latest thoughts and tiny bits of info. 

Per Hooks on 247, Jalen Green is still leaning towards AU. Virus and distance from home is not an issue as his family has a "plan" if he does in fact choose AU. 

It's looking more and more like we may pull this off. Could change, but I'm all for something to celebrate right now.

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Per Hooks on 247, Jalen Green is still leaning towards AU. Virus and distance from home is not an issue as his family has a "plan" if he does in fact choose AU. 

It's looking more and more like we may pull this off. Could change, but I'm all for something to celebrate right now.

Interesting. I wonder what his parents are planning if he goes to Auburn in regards to the distance from home?

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Tua 

Green's parents are going to move to Alabaster? (just kidding). I was wondering if they would move here...thanks.. :)

46 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Hooks makes me weary when he's positive. He's like a bad jinx lol. He was so sure we were going to get Kessler and BJ Boston as well. So when he says something positive I always think back to that!!! Lol

37 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hooks makes me weary when he's positive. He's like a bad jinx lol. He was so sure we were going to get Kessler and BJ Boston as well. So when he says something positive I always think back to that!!! Lol

It's a good thing most other AU connected sources thinks it will be AU.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Green's parents are going to move to Alabaster? (just kidding). I was wondering if they would move here...thanks.. :)

IDK I know its a massive culture shock, but unlike the Tagov...whatever family, its only one year versus the 4+ they'll have to do. And Auburn will certainly cover the costs. I cant see them not moving unless they just got that many things preoccupying them, they'll be good for life fiscally as long as JG doesn't get hurt in the NBA, so work shouldn't be what holds them back

It’s amazing to me just how awesome BP has been since he came to Auburn. If you would have told me 5 years ago we would land a minimum of 1 with a possibility of 3 of the top 5 first team All Americans including the player of the year, I would have asked you what you were smoking? Yet we have Cooper, could be leading with Green and a decent chance to land Brown. Go Bruce!!!

15 hours ago, Samau said:

It’s amazing to me just how awesome BP has been since he came to Auburn. If you would have told me 5 years ago we would land a minimum of 1 with a possibility of 3 of the top 5 first team All Americans including the player of the year, I would have asked you what you were smoking? Yet we have Cooper, could be leading with Green and a decent chance to land Brown. Go Bruce!!!

Don't forget Kuminga, the #1 player in 2021 who is expected to reclassify to 2020. He's strongly considering us, as well.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Don't forget Kuminga, the #1 player in 2021 who is expected to reclassify to 2020. He's strongly considering us, as well.

Hearing more and more about LSU for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Will Wade made a strong ass offer

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Hearing more and more about LSU for him. Wouldn’t be surprised if Will Wade made a strong ass offer

After that HBO special? That's the only way he would be going to LSU. Sean Miller and especially will wade looked so so so baaaaaad in that. 

I am loving the Basketball Recruiting forum! Who would have ever thought that our Bball forum would blow the football forum out the door! Thanks Coach Pearl!

21 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I am loving the Basketball Recruiting forum! Who would have ever thought that our Bball forum would blow the football forum out the door! Thanks Coach Pearl!

It's a combo of bruuuuuuuce being this larger than life coach and personality AND the posters who mainly congregate in the bball forum!!! Lol. Y'all are my fammy!!! My brothers... My Brodie's!!!! It's just a lot more fun in here than the fball forum which usually always turn in to a flame fest.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

After that HBO special? That's the only way he would be going to LSU. Sean Miller and especially will wade looked so so so baaaaaad in that. 

Doesn't matter as long as they are coaching. As for Dickie V's tweet which has been posted on here before, I'll believe it when I see it.

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Doesn't matter as long as they are coaching. As for Dickie V's tweet which has been posted on here before, I'll believe it when I see it.

I feel pretty good about Kuminga coming here especially after seeing his teammates list. (BRB going to find a pier to knock on!!! good cardio too!!! Lol) What about you!? If we got to roll up our sleeves and get dirty and play in the muddy sandbox with Mr wade!?!  Let's do it!!! I don't want to lose a elite player because we didn't play the game enough for him!!! Woooooooo!!!!!! Lfg!!!!  I'm hyyyyyped when his recruitment really takes off this summer.

But for now????? It's all about JG and MRrrrrrrrrrrrr Brown!!!!! If we get JG we def got to throw a Catalina wine mixer!!! Lol

I don't know when or if we'll get to a point where LSU's AD just feels too much pressure and decides to let Wade go, but I'd think if we get 2 more seasons of them not looking like a tourney team against other tourney teams (they probably would've needed to run the table in the SECT just to have a chance) with tourney level talent? I dunno man 

I think it'd take at least 2 more years of mediocrity for their leaders to reconsider their stance on him, but there's a ton of SEC programs trending upward. You don't want to be that one program that was already up (UT, UK, Aub, MAYBE UF) that ends up seceding ground bc you have to validate Wade's status every day

5 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think there's alot more fluff in the football forum. We post in here mainly when there's more weighty rumors/sources mentioning Auburn. Guys seem to post in the FF when they're just bored, alot of downtime posting in there. I suppose it helps the recruiting process in basketball doesn't seem to have a clear divide. You can feasibly talk about 2021 and 2020 prospects in the same breath

I love the Bball recruiting forum. The posters here have much more to add than the football. Heck, I go just to drop in a couple times a month in FF, I live here!

1 minute ago, thewhiz7 said:

I love the Bball recruiting forum. The posters here have much more to add than the football. Heck, I go just to drop in a couple times a month in FF, I live here!

Well freaking said!!! I feel like the people who post here are much more passionate and have a greater love and most importantly greater knowledge for the sport than the big shiny toy in football that is more popular. 

In the football forum you get any tom, dick or Harry from the Auburn spectrum to talk about football. It def attracts more of a casual type of fans. 

Lol that came off really elitist and snobby!!! Bahaha oh well I said how I really felt!!! The true AU fans are in the basketball forum as well as the baseball and softball forums.

IF we do land JG, does that improve our chances with JK and GB?  Do we have an idea when JK might decide if he is going to reclassify? 

Archived