Alabama at Texas A&M

AubWes33

1 minute ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Been driving all day today lmao. Would take some looking to see where the weakness of the Bama team is because they've got some versatile WRs.

Not too small, but also not too big to run good routes. Almost all of them have speed and an RB that can catch out the backfield and actually cut up. I'd say best thing to play against Bama off of the cuff would be a cover-6 w/ the 2 deep shell to Jeudy's side. Also send pressure from his side as well to take Tua's eyes off of him. 

This would be the general look of the coverage up front. I'd have the SS actually rotate into the middle because in this coverage shell the middle may be a bit exposed and that's where Tua would look to throw since the deep ball is very risky in this shell. Have the nickel and Will handle the flats and make sure that the corners are deep because you don't need to waste your corners flat. Again this is sorta off the cuff. I'll def revisit this game if its requested.

Thats good stuff off the cuff man, Appreciate your takes. 

Watching the game, the Aggies would bring pressure and not get there and Tua would burn em.

Then the Aggies would drop back, and Tua would dump it to a back who would outrun or break a tackle and pick up 10-15.

Or he would scramble and find someone open. Those receivers are just speed demons. They run a ton of slants amd no one seems to have an answer for them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Thats good stuff off the cuff man, Appreciate your takes. 

Watching the game, the Aggies would bring pressure and not get there and Tua would burn em.

Then the Aggies would drop back, and Tua would dump it to a back who would outrun or break a tackle and pick up 10-15.

Or he would scramble and find someone open. Those receivers are just speed demons. They run a ton of slants amd no one seems to have an answer for them.

Right, they specialize in making you wrong. Thats a benefit of having a Do-It-All QB with a command of the offense as well as built in options like I illustrated in my offense mockup.

Anyways I could see something like this: Pardon the minor errors in placement and zones. 
image.png

17 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Right, they specialize in making you wrong. Thats a benefit of having a Do-It-All QB with a command of the offense as well as built in options like I illustrated in my offense mockup.

Anyways I could see something like this: Pardon the minor errors in placement and zones. 
image.png

Thanks Flex! 

In regards to how our personnel matches up and their ability to execute a plan like this? 

13 minutes ago, nixtosanders94 said:

Thanks Flex! 

In regards to how our personnel matches up and their ability to execute a plan like this? 

Pretty easily. Only difference is that I'd put Smoke at SS and let him handle the middle because I think Daniel gets abused in that role. 

16 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Pretty easily. Only difference is that I'd put Smoke at SS and let him handle the middle because I think Daniel gets abused in that role. 

Smoke should be starting over DT anyway we play it. Same run support but better range, length, and coverage.

51 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

image.png

You could also run CV 8 against it. 

Just now, bigbird said:

You could also run CV 8 against it. 

Never seen a CV 8 in practice. I'd be open to it. 

Maybe even assign a MEG corner to him and make Ruggs play to make up for it. 

So I went to the game today with my Bama fan Dad.  Observations:

- Bama's D is baaaaddddd.  Mond missed some wide open receivers.  Game could have easily been closer.

- The offense relies heavily on the receivers.  Tua is good, but with talent he has to work with on the outside, all he has to do is complete short passes and let them go to work.

- Tua uses the shoulder pump fake better than any college QB I've seen.

- If I'm a DC, here's how I'd play the Bama O.  Bump coverage on the 4 WR w/ one safety playing center field.  Try to knock off the timing at the LOS because otherwise they will kill you with the quick slant.  One LB assigned to the RB reading plays and coming on delayed rushes once it's a known pass play.  Other 5 coming hard at Tua all day.  You simply can't play zone against that team.  Tua and those receivers will pick you apart.

Those last four play calls were not some of DM's best work...LSU holds on.

Archived