Georgia Score Predictions

Zeek

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Realistically I see UGA by about 15-18. They seem to finally be playing like how they were expected to going into the season. Our run D looked pretty meh against a lesser RB core (I recognize we had to respect the QB run) in LSU. Didnt looked great against UF. Oregon got off early in that regard too. If that happens again, combined with Fromm's ability to nickel and dime the hell out of you, its going to be a long day. They should be able to play ball control pretty efficiently. 

Really the only reason to expect Auburn to win is if you think Bo can play better against a good pass rushing squad than he's played up until this point. I think the run game will be servicable, maybe even better than that, but that wasnt exactly the problem in our losses. Im going to have to see it to believe it

30 minutes ago, Beenjammin said:

Right on Knight!!! Im with ya.... 24-10 Good Guys!

We gave up 14 to Ole Miss, so we are only going to allow GA 10? No way....

If we can move the ball on the ground, and get some good passing schemes, we can win 27-17.

If we sputter w/ more 3 and outs, then we lose 28-20.

Our defense has another stellar performance.  Either the defense or special teams score a touchdown.

The defense creates 4 additional opportunities on the GA side of the field.  But due to our offense, we have to go for field goals every time.  We make 3 of them.  Final score AU 16 - GA 10.

Auburn thus goes 9-3 for the season.  The AU fan base still screams for a new HC.  But because the media thinks we are crazy to demand a new HC when we only had three losses, combined with the large buyout, combined with the fact that no decent coach would leave a successful program to go to a place where 3 losses in the SEC west is not good enough, the AU PTB will not even consider firing Gus.

And thus....the AU fan base will be "Gussed" again this year.

BUT HEY!      WE BEAT GA!

So I guess this makes me a glass half full kind of guy.

UGA. 23    AU  13                                                   

17 hours ago, steeleagle said:

We gave up 14 to Ole Miss, so we are only going to allow GA 10? No way....

If we can move the ball on the ground, and get some good passing schemes, we can win 27-17.

If we sputter w/ more 3 and outs, then we lose 28-20.

I never get into score predictions very much., i just like Knights optimism of winning.  You guys can do what you want, but until we lose, i wont predict us to lose. Its bad juju. We are gonna win until we dont.  

Based on calculations on average Auburn has held their opponent to about 44% below their season average (odds are high that my math is questionable). So that means we hold GA to 20. Knowing what I know about Gus there's a 12,358% that he'll call a baffling offensive game. So...

GA - 20

AU - 5 ( a field goal and a touchdown with successful 2-point conversion. Based on reason above Gus elects to forfeit the 6 points earned being later quoted "that with our defense, 5 points was enough to win".)

I think we got caught with our pants down looking ahead to GA vs ole miss. We missed opportunities to score way more points than we did. We play better at home against big teams. These kids still believe even if the fans don't.  

Auburn 31

GA 21

War Eagle and IGTBAAT!

15 minutes ago, wde21 said:

AU 20

ga 17

I expect the defense to be outstanding and looking for either a defensive or special team score

Omg I said the exact thing before seeing your post. Freaky. MAY IT BE SO.

On 11/7/2019 at 1:28 PM, wde1968 said:

42-16 Auburn scores first drive then Carlson goes 3 for 5 on fgs.

Hmmm So Auburn scores 9 off Carlson field goals. What is the make up of the remaining 33 Auburn points?

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Hmmm So Auburn scores 9 off Carlson field goals. What is the make up of the remaining 33 Auburn points?

I read it that we're the 16. But the wording is confusing. 

On 11/7/2019 at 9:16 AM, bigbird said:

US: 9

Them: 20

Sounds about right.

My prediction before the season started was (8-4) or (7-5) if we lost to one of the "ssippi's". We didn't so (8-4) looks likely.

I just don't see the QB play improving that much against a really good defense even at home.

I don't think we will be able to control the ball on the ground against their D forcing us to execute the passing game and that will be a problem.

There is no longer any threat of a change of pace QB coming into the game so Georgia has less to prepare for. 

FYI, I read today that the buyout at the end of this season will be ($26.625 Million). I think he stays even at (8-4) in year seven.

My other preseason prediction was that the wheels come off in (2020). I will stay with that prediction too.

I would love to be wrong about all of this in the best possible way for my Auburn Tigers but it is what it is.

Let's remember who is really responsible for all of this, so a big shout-out to that master of contract negotiations, Steven Leath!

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

Let's remember who is really responsible for all of this, so a big shout-out to that master of contract negotiations, Steven Leath Jimmy Sexton.

Archived