Chad Morris Fired!

Sully to Beasley

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Terrible move by Arky

Don't think he had won a P5 game. Something wasn't working there. Chiz speculated on a divided locker room between Morris recruits and the older players. Who knows, but they weren't seeing improvement or hope.

Well if Gus doesn’t win 2 of the remaining 3 he might be finally going home to Arky. I think they will work something out on that buyout.

Not that I want that, because they will have to drag me off the Gus Bus when Auburn repos it.

8 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Don't think he had won a P5 game. Something wasn't working there. Chiz speculated on a divided locker room between Morris recruits and the older players. Who knows, but they weren't seeing improvement or hope.

Dude had to revamp the entire roster from the Big 10 team Brett tried to build...IMO he should have been given more time..never got his type of players in there.

20 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Chizik's right

5 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Dude had to revamp the entire roster from the Big 10 team Brett tried to build...IMO he should have been given more time..never got his type of players in there.

I don’t disagree. I think a coach generally needs at least three years but this seemed an especially bad fit from the start.

12 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

That's true but he should've atleast been able to beat a bad san jose state team this year

20 minutes ago, TigerTale said:

Well...beating UGA and UAT is now inevitable so Gus can use the Arkansas vacancy to take advantage of us again.

I really don’t think Auburn would fall for it again which would make your scenario a win win.

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

You don't get embarrassed at home by the Hilltoppers and expect to keep your job

I agree, and I generally think a coach needs more time to build a program but it was the embarrassing home losses to teams like the Hilltoppers and San José State that got him fired. They were not just putting a bad team on the field they were putting an embarrassing team on the field.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Our future Offensive Coordinator 

Would definitely be an upgrade 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arkansas would never offer Gus again . 

I suspect you are right. 

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

They are getting better.  They fired Jack Crow ON THE FILED after the first game of the year (1992). 

USC fired Lame in the airport and he had to find his own way home I understand.

But I did not see this as #2 but then again, that game was so bad I guess they figured there was anything to lose by doing it now.  

Problem I see for Arky and FSU is that unless you hire an unemployed coach or someone's coordinator, you have to wait until the end of the season to get an experienced coach with any kind of resume'.    

Just now, AUBwins said:

I suspect you are right. 

But if he were smart he would jump at it if coaching in the SEC is in his best interest. I suspect the money outweighs that. My assumption is he will eventually get fired, take his pay day and become an analyst for a bit.

As if Auburn didn’t need any distractions this week.  Arkansas would definitely offer Gus again.  Who can they realistically get?

Archived