Chad Morris Fired!

Sully to Beasley

Arkansas essentially could get a do over just 2 years after losing Gus and hiring Chad. This time Gus would be ready to leave unless he is even more stubborn than we know he is. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, DAG said:

But if he were smart he would jump at it if coaching in the SEC is in his best interest. I suspect the money outweighs that. My assumption is he will eventually get fired, take his pay day and become an analyst for a bit.

Not sure than coaching in the SEC West  for the bottom 3 teams is in anyone's best interest at the moment.  ….and I'm thinking of a coach who is doing well at his present job.

Next SEC opening will probably be Miss State....and who's gonna want that job?    most of the same issues as Arky.  Mullens' caught lightning in a bottle with Dak and was gone pretty soon after that leaving Moorhead with another running QB who could not pass the ball accurately...and now they are pitiful. 

12 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure than coaching in the SEC West  for the bottom 3 teams is in anyone's best interest at the moment.  ….and I'm thinking of a coach who is doing well at his present job.

Next SEC opening will probably be Miss State....and who's gonna want that job?    most of the same issues as Arky.  Mullens' caught lightning in a bottle with Dak and was gone pretty soon after that leaving Moorhead with another running QB who could not pass the ball accurately...and now they are pitiful. 

Caught lightning in a bottle? Dumbest thing I read today. Dude is a good quality QB coach . I know you dislike him, but at least try not to be too bias.

50 minutes ago, DAG said:

Arkansas would never offer Gus again . 

Unfortunately, I think you're correct. Think he burned his bridges in 2017.

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Caught lightning in a bottle? Dumbest thing I read today. Dude is a good quality QB coach . I know you dislike him, but at least try not to be too bias.

He did a great job developing Tyler Russell at MSU

32 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

As if Auburn didn’t need any distractions this week.  Arkansas would definitely offer Gus again.  Who can they realistically get?

....and again, before playing Georgia....

Frankly, I thought the guy was gonna get fired at halftime yesterday.

I mean, I didn't reach the conclusion at halftime, I literally thought be was not coming back out for the second half.

22 minutes ago, AU64 said:
51 minutes ago, DAG said:

But if he were smart he would jump at it if coaching in the SEC is in his best interest. I suspect the money outweighs that. My assumption is he will eventually get fired, take his pay day and become an analyst for a bit.

Gus would be fine at Arkansas because they have no traditional SEC rivals.  Their main rival was always Texas in the SWC days.  The LSU "rivalry boot trophy" game was contrived due to proximity, since the state of Arkansas is not really "The South" but closer to the mid-west, so that it would appear that they DID have a rivalry...but it ain't.  So Gus wouldn't have to worry about bammer & thUga every year at least...cuz face it, Arky doesn't expect to beat bammer at all right now and Gus wouldn't have the pressure of rivalry expectations. 

Unfortunately, I don't think Gus is a dummy and only a dummy would quit/leave for another school with $20M+ on the table.  No, he'll either finally figure it out next year or be so bad that he'll "earn" his buyout.

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Don't think he had won a P5 game. Something wasn't working there. Chiz speculated on a divided locker room between Morris recruits and the older players. Who knows, but they weren't seeing improvement or hope.

Bad move by The Pig PTBs.  Chizik’s thought has been my thought as well.  Morris has had only two recruiting classes to get his style of players in the system. His style of player is very different from what Beliema was recruiting. I hate to see this happen. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Our future Offensive Coordinator 

Gus wouldn't let Morris revamp his offense. He would have to admit that his isn't working to well. He has a disconnect, when it comes to that. It is just a lack of "execution"  by the players in his mind. JMO

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Don't think he had won a P5 game. Something wasn't working there. Chiz speculated on a divided locker room between Morris recruits and the older players. Who knows, but they weren't seeing improvement or hope.

0-19 against P5 teams. 2-4 against Group 5 teams. Guy was terrible. 

These two statements in the article stuck out to me.  

“it was the lack of development that stood out to most Razorback fans.”

“and the lack of adjustments compounded those issues.”

Hmmm?  Where have I heard this before?  

All speculation on money. No inside info, just gaming through. I personally think they go after Norvell.

Don't know about if CGM burned bridges or what is in their PTBs heads, but I just don't know if the money is going to work for Arky and CGM. They owe Morris 10 million, and I think they're paying Bret the Thumb 11 mill (although, they've stopped paying him in a dispute over whether his new job with NE Patriots means they don't owe him and have asked him to repay 4.2M - I imagine that is going to go to court and probably not going to be resolved until after a new coach is hired).

Depends on whether AU will waive Gus's buyout or negotiate Arky paying for it via a new Arky contract for Gus. It's a million a year for each year remaining on the contract if he leaves willingly. 

Granted, if the AU PTB have already decided they want him gone, losing out on 5 million (for the 5 years remaining after this year - maybe 6, depending on when the trigger date is) is better than losing out on roughly 30M (depending on assistant buyouts and trigger date).  

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

These two statements in the article stuck out to me.  

“it was the lack of development that stood out to most Razorback fans.”

“and the lack of adjustments compounded those issues.”

Hmmm?  Where have I heard this before?  

here but means nothing....:dunno:

We are willing to give up one of the better coaches in the nation because he can't beat a couple top 5 teams on a regular basis.    JMO but Gus will have no problem finding his next job. 

42 minutes ago, DAG said:

Was at MSU  9 seasons....Dak was his QB success story at MSU.....left nothing behind....JMO

2 hours ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

They are getting better.  They fired Jack Crow ON THE FILED after the first game of the year (1992). 

Yep and they fired fat boy on the field also.

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

here but means nothing....:dunno:

We are willing to give up one of the better coaches in the nation because he can't beat a couple top 5 teams on a regular basis.    JMO but Gus will have no problem finding his next job. 

Here's one of those disconnects I've noticed between the 2 sides (pro/con Gus) that keeps these arguments going.

Do you really think this is the problem we have with Gus?  Granted, his choke jobs against thUga are definitely one of the issues but most have actually given Gus credit for their performances against bammer (except for last year, of course) considering the current situation between napoleon & Emmert....

Do you really think it's only his poor record against our main rivals and not his averaging over 4 losses per year, including a 5 loss & 6 loss season (among other issues)?  Does that not resonate with you at all?

Promise, I'm not trying to be argumentative about this.  I'm just really trying to understand why we (not you & me, but ALL of us) see such different things.  It just seems like we all see apples vs oranges...

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Here's one of those disconnects I've noticed between the 2 sides (pro/con Gus) that keeps these arguments going.

Do you really think this is the problem we have with Gus?  Granted, his choke jobs against thUga are definitely one of the issues but most have actually given Gus credit for their performances against bammer (except for last year, of course) considering the current situation between napoleon & Emmert....

Do you really think it's only his poor record against our main rivals and not his averaging over 4 losses per year, including a 5 loss & 6 loss season (among other issues)?  Does that not resonate with you at all?

Promise, I'm not trying to be argumentative about this.  I'm just really trying to understand why we (not you & me, but ALL of us) see such different things.  It just seems like we all see apples vs oranges...

Because those who use that logic have a loser mentality and are accepting of the mediocrity of gus opposed to striving for greatness. 

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

With all I’ve seen on this board I have come to the conclusion that 64 and others simply don’t care if Auburn ever achieves more in football. They’re perfectly ok with being ok. They can deny it, they can scream we are overreacting, they can claim they care, but at the end of the day they have made it clear that 6-13 against our rivals is awesome as long as he beats up on Arky and Ole Miss. Even 4-3 against MSU is fine. Just make a bowl game and be happy. We have no business competing with the big boys. Thats the message 64 is sending whether he admits it or not.

1 hour ago, CR said:

Unfortunately, I think you're correct. Think he burned his bridges in 2017.

Maybe, desperate times, desperate measures? They are pretty desperate right now. 

1 minute ago, nixtosanders94 said:

With all I’ve seen on this board I have come to the conclusion that 64 and others simply don’t care if Auburn ever achieves more in football. They’re perfectly ok with being ok. They can deny it, they can scream we are overreacting, they can claim they care, but at the end of the day they have made it clear that 6-13 against our rivals is awesome as long as he beats up on Arky and Ole Miss. Even 4-3 against MSU is fine. Just make a bowl game and be happy. We have no business competing with the big boys. Thats the message 64 is sending whether he admits it or not.

I do believe you 100% about a few posters.  I also realize there's a few who regularly spar with 64, but in my experience he's actually a standup guy (I believe this to be the case in real life too).  True, he & I disagree a pretty good amount but we've, at least, had some reasonable convos so he's one of the ones that, though we disagree, I'm trying to understand each other instead of just talking over each other like so many other arguments around here now. 

Like so many, I'm tired of the arguing but there's no reason we can't all still have reasonable discussions and maybe if each poster will actually answer the question of the other instead of ignoring it and, instead, bringing up a completely separate issue, like I said it's just apple's & oranges talking points.

Sorry brother, this us not meant to lecture at you as we are usually in agreement but just me "thinking out loud".

Archived