Bowl Projections - The Unofficial List for 2019-2020

AURealist

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Got to admit...not a big fan of this attitude.   It may not have any bearing on the outcome of the game.   But it screams out, I’m not happy or excited about where we are at or who we are playing.   You can bet a million dollars that Minnesota is excited about playing in a bowl game and playing a three lose SEC team 

You are right...and we've gotten beat in bowl games by our more thrilled opponents...

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Good point. Familiarity breeding contempt is at play, even in me, partially. Seems recent, so seems less energizing. That succession of Atlanta visits was the devil, though. 

I am so sick of Atlanta period. Don't we play UNC in Atlanta next season!?! UGHHHHHHHHHHH THE WORST!!! I wish they would move the SEC Champ somewhere else as well. I am dreading that traffic already when we play UNC in the second game lol. 

So bama plays a higher ranked, propped up Michigan, wins, and is ranked higher than AU at the end if the year. 

9 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

You are right...and we've gotten beat in bowl games by our more thrilled opponents...

Nah. Gus' players never quit and always play hard. That's like one of the most popular bullets on the list of  what Gus is good at.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

So bama plays a higher ranked, propped up Michigan, wins, and is ranked higher than AU at the end if the year. 

That's the plan.  It doesn't help us that with the gophers at #18, we can win by 35 and still drop in the rankings.  

1 minute ago, AURealist said:

That's the plan.  It doesn't help us that with the gophers at #18, we can win by 35 and still drop in the rankings.  

Exactly what I thought too

30 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

The talk about AU losing to UCF because of motivation was just an excuse. AU was tied 3-3 after the first quarter. AU lost to the inferior team with a part time coach because of a poor game plan and lack of adjustments. Slow developing plays into the face of a speed defense. It was a terribly called game.

There were two or three players that ended up being "sick" and all of the players were shrugging the game off on twitter after it was announced. It was ALL motivation. Nobody on our team cared to be there. 

4 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

There were two or three players that ended up being "sick" and all of the players were shrugging the game off on twitter after it was announced. It was ALL motivation. Nobody on our team cared to be there. 

No, no. Gus' players never quit on him.  AU played hard. Did UCF not play hard in the first quarter? It was tied 3-3 at the end of the first.

10 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I only remember one "sick" player that year, but the point stands. Bowl games may be viewed as exhibition games by many, but they count on the record and Gus's bowl record is not good.

54 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

I think it’s about perception, they may feel being ranked out of the New Years 6 implies they are not that good in comparison to Wisky, UTAH, and PSU or whoever else is there besides the CFP top 4. 

59 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

I think this is different though. Last time, we had just lost a game that would’ve put us in the playoffs if we had won it. It was a lack of motivation because we didn’t do enough to get to the playoff. This time, these guys did enough to get in a NY6 and didn’t get rewarded for it. I think Auburn players will have a fire inside them for this one. Feel bad for Minnesota if they do

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Interim and inspired ain’t mutually exclusive.

True, but inspired is his Achilles heel (except Saban).

3 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

We beat one of Lsu, Uga, Fla- none of this matters. We're top 6 or 8 team imo. This game is jaba. 

Georgia couldn't even put up points against LSU's defense. That was the game Auburn had to have and they blew it. They deserve Minnesota.

1 hour ago, AUBourne said:

No, no. Gus' players never quit on him.  AU played hard. Did UCF not play hard in the first quarter? It was tied 3-3 at the end of the first.

Not entirely true. When I watched the replay, we had several players avoiding contact and diving at ankles instead of tackling UCF. One safety did it several times in the fourth quarter with the gam eon the line. The same one who avoided Fournette for ‘business reasons’ earlier in the season. 

25 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

I think it’s about perception, they may feel being ranked out of the New Years 6 implies they are not that good in comparison to Wisky, UTAH, and PSU or whoever else is there besides the CFP top 4. 

For whatever reason...this is us, programmatically, beyond just the bowl assignment.  I don't do "resigned" very well, but for me right now, "sunny" doesn't fit, and I cannot, will not embrace the opposite of sunny. 

I simply miss being excited. I am thankful, I am grateful for all that "isn't", but I would give nearly anything in a hobby-sense-of-importance to be rip-roaring pumped.

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

For whatever reason...this is us, programmatically, beyond just the bowl assignment.  I don't do "resigned" very well, but for me right now, "sunny" doesn't fit, and I cannot, will not embrace the opposite of sunny. 

I simply miss being excited. I am thankful, I am grateful for all that "isn't", but I would give nearly anything in a hobby-sense-of-importance to be rip-roaring pumped.

I don’t think it’s Auburn exclusive either. All off season and during the season all the teams/fans here about is Who Is In vs Who Is Out? And after that you have the Big 4 traditional bowl games. All else may be perceived as a letdown or disappointment. I can see the initial disappointment but I think they will be ok after all it could have been the Poulan Weedeater bowl, Gasprillia or forbid the Idaho Potato Bowl......coaches may put more value into the extra practice time for players especially the younger ones. 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Exactly what I thought too

Gopher fans have a similar outlook, but the flip side.

"Love it. Lose and no harm (no one expects us to win). Win and you can say you beat Auburn and it's a selling point."  

- Gopher fan at Gopherhole 

Archived