Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Ha and it’s a blow out now. Are they not even giving us the “overrated” chant?? I guess it’s that obvious. UF students having pity on us. :) 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welp the way things are looking, that’s back to back losses losing by 19 and 20+. Sighhh. I’m just disappointed man. This has been sad to watch

WOW...totally lost their poise and grit......how did that happen so quickly?  

I was trying to verbalize this a couple weeks ago and couldn't quite find the words, but I don't think Jvon is good enough at finishing to drive (with the intent to lay it up) as much as he does. I think he has a solid stop and pop mid range, and his floater is definitely above avg. And while he can hit an open catch and shoot 3, as the PG you don't get many of those in this system. But with the lack of spacing in our offense, his one superb trait, beating his guy off the dribble before he can even wall off the lane, is completely negated 

Just now, kennypowers said:

As a team, we are not very good.  Individuals have talent but not a team mentality nor the skills at PG to operate as one 

Yes. On the road that's how we are. We killed a good Georgia team who turned around and killed Rocky top at home. College ball in a nutshell.

Florida's layups keeps dropping in like magnets, Auburn's shots keep bouncing out of the rim and off the rim. All. Game. Long.

We had good looks the first half, but this second half Florida just cannot miss. 😡

I really hope Pearl looks at this lineup and does something. I get that Doughty and J'von are seniors but at this point they are a liability and it would be nice to get our young guards more playing time to get them prepared for next year.

Another “no surprise” Road game performance. It’s painful sure, but watching since the start of the season, the dark cloud was always approaching come SEC play.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What the hell is happening? 

We kept it close all game then the other team just pours it on in the end to make it look a lot worse than it really was.

UGH.....47 points in 40 minutes......hard to believe....

I honestly don’t think this game is indicative what we are as a team. We may need to adjust our pace as we could not buy a bucket when we need one. Going with a slower tempo would be beneficial as our defense isn’t that bad.

Archived