2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

Could be a big day for the Pokes.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They've already signed 3 plus have 2 more committed FWIW.

Hooks did make a comment today that he hopes to have a even clearer picture in the next few days. 🙏🤞. Please be great news!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Pokes 247 board update. Their mods finally mentioned Thor committing Monday. Did not say anything about who's the favorite and what their chances are.

UK reported justed CBed AU & Adam Zagoria just predicted him to AU on twitter.

Worth noting there's still a very real chance Thor ends up in the '21 class instead of the '20 class.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Worth noting there's still a very real chance Thor ends up in the '21 class instead of the '20 class.

Possibly backup in case we get our other targets? ‘21 class if we get the big dogs of the class and ‘20 if he is a bigger need?

21 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Possibly backup in case we get our other targets? ‘21 class if we get the big dogs of the class and ‘20 if he is a bigger need?

Confused on how you worded your questions. Thor is a take and has been a take for a while.

I actually understand the second question now and it doesn’t work like that. There is no counting from one class to another in basketball like there is in football. If you go from one class to another it’s strictly because you have or have not completed your high school academics. If he has to go to the 21 class it will be due to him not finishing academics yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Confused on how you worded your questions. Thor is a take and has been a take for a while.

I actually understand the second question now and it doesn’t work like that. There is no counting from one class to another in basketball like there is in football. If you go from one class to another it’s strictly because you have or have not completed your high school academics. If he has to go to the 21 class it will be due to him not finishing academics yet.

Oh ok, I thought it was a choice by the student athlete. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Oh ok, I thought it was a choice by the student athlete. 

Nope. They can’t just decide to take more high school classes for the fun of it.

• Like 1

He says it's just an opinion but autigers07 doesn't believe we'll take Thor and Brown. He's expecting Thor to go to OSU since we are continuing to feel good about Brown. Says both players are stretch 4s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

He says it's just an opinion but autigers07 doesn't believe we'll take Thor and Brown. He's expecting Thor to go to OSU since we are continuing to feel good about Brown. Says both players are stretch 4s.

That's what I was just about to ask you about. Much as I know you don't turn down talent like that, I wouldn't think we'd want both of them based upon the fact that the coaches apparently want a true 5 to pair with Akingbola. If I had to guess, based upon reading the tea leaves, I'd say we want Green, Brown, and a 5, whether it's Sanogo, Otchere, or someone else, and would make room for Kuminga if he wants to come to the Plains, as well. What's crazy is that I don't think it's out there to believe we might actually pull that off!

• Love 1

J Lee made it sound today we want both Brown and Thor and would take both if we could land them.

16 hours ago, ellitor said:

UK reported justed CBed AU & Adam Zagoria just predicted him to AU on twitter.

AU seems to be his preference if we extend an offer— is that your read?

• Like 1

I would trust whatever the James Madison website tells us.  They have been spot on regarding these things.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

J Lee made it sound today we want both Brown and Thor and would take both if we could land them.

Yeah. The bum posted his article & thread while I was out working out just so I'd look bad. lol

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

AU seems to be his preference if we extend an offer— is that your read?

He has an offer. The question was if it was committable & based on what Brown decides. .

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yeah. The bum posted his article & thread while I was out working out just so I'd look bad. lol

treww.gif

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think we have enough spots for JG, JT, JK and Gregory right 

We would make room. You don't tell those dudes no if they all want in. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t think we have enough spots for JG, JT, JK and Gregory right 

We do if 1 player leaves the team & 2 connected sources have said that's a real possibility.

• Like 1

We do if 1 player leaves the team & 2 connected sources have said that's a real possibility.

Is there any speculation as to who that player might be? You don't have to share which player, I'm just curious if this is a known thing or not. There are 3 I could see making a case for.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He has an offer. The question was if it was committable & based on what Brown decides. .

About a week ago I read he was waiting on an offer he could take.

30 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Is there any speculation as to who that player might be?

Nope & likely not going to be unless & until something happens.

• Thanks 1