2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!

tigerbrotha12

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* Stretch 4 JT Thor Commits To AU!
9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I would never consider him a slasher

He definitely was at times as were Harper & McCormick.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Screenshot_20200412-142924.png

Screenshot_20200412-142912.png

Is this suggesting that we're going to get Cardwell? Does that mean we won't be getting Brown? Just seeing Cardwell's name mentioned by Coop confuses the hell out of me...

10 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Is this suggesting that we're going to get Cardwell? Does that mean we won't be getting Brown? Just seeing Cardwell's name mentioned by Coop confuses the hell out of me...

1. We might. 2. No, DC doesn't have an AU offer & it's likely dependent on what GB does. 3. It's not confusing. Coop has been politicking for & recruiting DC for a long time. They were AAU teammates.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. We might. 2. No, DC doesn't have an AU offer & it's likely dependent on what GB does. 3. It's not confusing. Coop has been politicking for & recruiting DC for a long time. They were AAU teammates.

If we get Brown & Green, what will our class be rated?

14 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Ah, I didn't know the third point. That clears my confusion.

3 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If we get Brown & Green, what will our class be rated?

Second, just a few hundredths of a point behind Kentucky.

• Like 2

AU vs UK would be ******* bonkers (if we get these two) next year. This could become the premier rivalry of basketball...its never going to have the views or ratings of UNC/Duke but the on court result IMO has been slowly toppling that one.

In 18-19, 2 of our 3 were better than 2 of the 3 matchups there. Last year...Id say we split. Their first matchup with Tre Jones sending it to OT was wild

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

AU vs UK would be ******* bonkers (if we get these two) next year. This could become the premier rivalry of basketball...its never going to have the views or ratings of UNC/Duke but the on court result IMO has been slowly toppling that one.

In 18-19, 2 of our 3 were better than 2 of the 3 matchups there. Last year...Id say we split. Their first matchup with Tre Jones sending it to OT was wild

Meh, I understand what you're getting at, but saying AU-UK is a bigger deal than UNC-Duke is almost like saying UF-UGA is bigger than the Iron Bowl in football. Not only is the tradition a lot stronger, but it's also an in-state rivalry, brother against brother.

22 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Meh, I understand what you're getting at, but saying AU-UK is a bigger deal than UNC-Duke is almost like saying UF-UGA is bigger than the Iron Bowl in football. Not only is the tradition a lot stronger, but it's also an in-state rivalry, brother against brother.

About 12 miles apart. Although one brother is snooty and mostly northeastern. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They’ve been pretty pissy on Twitter lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

They’ve been pretty pissy on Twitter lol

Go figure. They wanted Thor to pair with Cunningham, and now not only do we get him to pair with Coop, we might be getting Green to go with him. I do wonder if we might not pull Brown, though, and instead get Caldwell. I wouldn't be too upset with that, honestly, because Caldwell gives us insurance for the future, whereas Brown would almost certainly be one and done. Not that I would be the least bit upset if we get Green and Brown, just that I would rather get Green and Caldwell than Brown and a JUCO/grad trasnfer PG to take the load off of Coop.

Man, can you guys believe the possibilities we're talking about now? I mean, before the last few years, Thor would be the headliner of pretty much any class we've ever had, whereas now he's already playing second fiddle (rankings wise) to what we already have, and there is legitimate hope that we could pull two other players (three if you include Kuminga) higher than our highest rated recruit ever. If this isn't the beginning of the golden era of Auburn basketball, I don't know what it will be!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They suck. Im telling you this as someone who has grown up in this modern generation of athletes and in a time period where Nike has taken up some market share ceded by Jordan and lost some due to Adidas's free reign creativity angle they play. I honestly feel like UA has given it their best shot since around 2015, but I, as a student of the shoe game, believe they've plateau'd and their relevancy at this point is going to slip as Stephen's does. I think Puma is going to be the next 4th player in the shoe game, they got a cooler (and honestly better) crop of young players than UA going forward. 

And imagine this whole thought process multiplied by dozens in terms of figures, stats, graphs, that's what these salesmen are pitching to the croots via the college (or sometimes directly, as we saw)

I love UA clothing. Shorts, pants, polos, “performance” shorts, etc. I would have considered it until I saw how durable and lasting their stuff was on my son as well as the UA AU backpacks I got my kids for school (which have lasted 1.5 years and look brand new still). Once I saw that, I started getting stuff (on sale, I can’t pay full retail price for anything). It comfy and looks good. I then bought a pair of basketball shoes to play in (granted they are $65 retail) and they are very meh. I got a pair of running shoes just to wear around and they are meh too. I wish they could figure out the shoe side of things because to me the clothing side is great. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He definitely was at times as were Harper & McCormick.

1 hour ago, War to the Eagle said:

He was absolutely a slasher...without question.

Maybe we have different ideas/definitions of what a slasher is.

I think of players like Wade, Kobe, Durant, Rose, Rondo, Ginobli, or Melo as slashers. I wouldn't say that Okoro was that type of player. Yes, he slashed every once in a while, but that wasn't his game. 

I think Doughty would be the closest that we've had recently for my idea of a slasher. Before him, I'd say TJ Dunans would fit that mold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I do wonder if we might not pull Brown, though, and instead get Caldwell.

As in pull Brown's offer??? Get that weak stuff outta here!

9bcad72e5ed0ac65dfcdedb503186d79.gif

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

and a JUCO/grad trasnfer PG to take the load off of Coop.

If we get Green we're likely not taking another PG. Green would be expected to help Coop at the point. That where AU info is leaning right now anyway.

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I guess I shoulda said it could be the premier on court rivalry. I guess you cant watch a game without factoring in narratives and history, but I just meant like the quality of game.