Null

Sign in to follow this  
ellitor

Recruits To Know From Florida

21 recruits to know in Florida

By Keith Niebuhr
9650017.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
OLB target Xavian Sorey. (Photo: Jason Caldwell/Inside The Auburn Tigers, 247Sports)

The state of Florida is important to Auburn's football program each and every recruiting cycle. This one will be no different.

From 2016-20, Auburn offered 1,151 prospects across the country. Of that number, 285 (24.8 percent) were in Florida.

During that same span, the Tigers signed 25 recruits from the state -- or 21.6 percent all all signees. That trailed only the states of Georgia (38 signee, 32.8 percent) and Alabama (31, 26.7 percent).

In the 2021 class, 51 recruits from Florida claim Auburn offers. That's 16 more than any other state. The state is so crucial to the Tigers that nine Auburn assistant coaches have designated recruiting regions there. From the Keys to Pensacola and all points in between, the Auburn staff has the Sunshine State blanketed.

To date, Auburn has four commitments for the 2021 class. Safety Phillip O'Brien Jr. of Deerfield Beach is the only Floridian. But that is likely to change in the coming months.

Today, we offer up 21 recruits to know in Florida. ...

I remember a Jake Slaughter at Auburn maybe 20 years ago.  I think he was a fullback from TN.  Any relation?

29 minutes ago, autan said:

I remember a Jake Slaughter at Auburn maybe 20 years ago.  I think he was a fullback from TN.  Any relation?

No mention of him so I doubt it.

5 hours ago, autan said:

Jake Slaughter was indeed a fullback from Brentwood Academy, Tennessee. Played at AU '02 through '05. Related? Probably not.

• Like 1

I find it hard to believe Brooks runs a consistent 4.8.

watching his highlights, he accelerated very quickly after a cut and starts to pick up steam. To me, this is a technique situation out of the start. Possibly not stay low to the ground and pushing out with his hips. If he gets a good speed coach I can’t see why he couldn’t be down to at least the 4.5 range.

Of the 3 latest commits Auburn's landed, all 3 are from Florida. We're off to a great start in the sunshine state.