The Runoff

AUDub

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

I still don't think it would be Warren or one of the "Squad" (God forbid).  

It won't be any of them.  Same as the Tea Party movement.  Loud and obnoxious in the chamber, but no way in hell would their candidate win a national election.

2 hours ago, channonc said:

Yes and ones with more mass appeal than Bernie.

Okay, I'll bite, who exactly? Bernie has huge crowds wherever he went. Bigger than most other candidates did in 2016 or 2020. 

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It won't be any of them.  Same as the Tea Party movement.  Loud and obnoxious in the chamber, but no way in hell would their candidate win a national election.

AOC has been positioning herself more toward the center in recent months. Seems she's figuring out how to play the game. 

https://www.politico.com/states/new-york/albany/story/2020/03/29/the-new-aoc-divides-the-left-1269548

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Okay, I'll bite, who exactly? Bernie has huge crowds Wimberly where he went. Bigger than most other candidates did in 2016 or 2020. 

Gavin Newsom

Julian Castro

Kamala Harris

Ro Khanna

Pramilla Jayapal

Just to name a few. Bernie has a movement, but is not an ideal candidate. Movement heads often can't translate that way. A younger politician would be a better vessel for the message.

I never understood why the Dems hated Tulsi Gabbard so much, except that she went hard after Kamala Harris during the first (I think) debate.

I would love to see a candidate on either side who just tries to act like a good person who would be enjoyable to talk to. (I am not saying that Tulsi Gabbard fits that bill. I don't know enough about her to say.)

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I never understood why the Dems hated Tulsi Gabbard so much, except that she went hard after Kamala Harris during the first (I think) debate.

I would love to see a candidate on either side who just tries to act like a good person who would be enjoyable to talk to. (I am not saying that Tulsi Gabbard fits that bill. I don't know enough about her to say.)

For me, it was her willingness to meet with Assad in Syria completely going outside of USG policy on Syria. Her comments about him too were deplorable. She lost me after that and I didn't care much about what she has had to say ever since. 

Just now, channonc said:

For me, it was her willingness to meet with Assad in Syria completely going outside of USG policy on Syria. Her comments about him too were deplorable. She lost me after that and I didn't care much about what she has had to say ever since. 

This. It would have been one thing had she taken the "not our problem" approach. It was quite another when she went full on apologist for Bashar al-Assad. 

51 minutes ago, channonc said:

Gavin Newsom: Meh..
Julian Castro: Possibilities..
Kamala Harris: I like her, but she has the over-prosecution thing over her head. 
Ro Khanna: ;)
Pramilla Jayapal: Meh

Bernie did have the "In Cuba" Baggage, but most of the young folks couldnt have cared less.

Yang: :big:

@AUDub another reason to support Sessions is he raised all kinds of he’ll wanting a debate with Tuberville. It would be tough to refuse one with Doug now. 

Well Tommy is cruising as expected given polling. 

I have admittedly not paid a great deal of attention to the AL senate runoff out here in Texas, but am a bit surprised that Tubs had this one called his way already (multiple media outlets have called it). Was this expected?

9 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

I have admittedly not paid a great deal of attention to the AL senate runoff out here in Texas, but am a bit surprised that Tubs had this one called his way already (multiple media outlets have called it). Was this expected?

I want to know, too. 

11 minutes ago, SLAG-91 said:

Some polls had him winning by 20ish, so pretty expected. 

The only thing Tuberville has to his credit is he has his head implanted deep in trumps ass. The state we live in never ceases to amaze me. 

8 hours ago, alexava said:

The only thing Tuberville has to his credit is he has his head implanted deep in trumps ass. The state we live in never ceases to amaze me. 

Tuberville, while a nice guy is not a Senator. WTF is he gonna do if he gets to the Senate and DJT aint there? 

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Tuberville, while a nice guy is not a Senator. WTF is he gonna do if he gets to the Senate and DJT aint there? 

Six years of ineptness. I’m not sure he is such a nice guy. 

49 minutes ago, alexava said:

Six years of ineptness. I’m not sure he is such a nice guy. 

He's not.  He's a used car salesman.  Always has been going back to his days at Ole Miss.  

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Same thing he did during recruiting season at AU.  Go duck hunting and collect a paycheck.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

OK, the Alabama Democratic party Twitter is going full on hilarious today.

Screenshot_20200715-093455.png

Screenshot_20200715-093700.png

Screenshot_20200715-093732.png

Well the ADP in general is an absolute mess but whoever they have doing social media ain't bad lol. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Well the ADP in general is an absolute mess but whoever they have doing social media ain't bad lol. 

As someone who despises Tubs as a coach, this cracks me the frick up. 

11 hours ago, alexava said:

This is very bad for Auburn University, image wise.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This is very bad for Auburn University, image wise.

Yes. Especially if you have any former players endorse Jones. I am curious if that might actually happen. 
maybe not the university looking bad. But Tuberville....

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yes. Especially if you have any former players endorse Jones. I am curious if that might actually happen. 
maybe not the university looking bad. But Tuberville....

I was referring to the fact Tuberville's association with Auburn will be constantly referenced by the Media.

Archived