The Runoff

AUDub

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What situation or environment do you have in mind? Why aren't all senators put in this situation or environment? Why all this effort an accommodation for an unqualified doofus when his opponent has already been doing the work at a high level?

When one is in the minority, in order to be productive, they must compromise in order to accomplish anything. If not, the stalemate continues. Obstructive politics is what we have had to suffer through for 30 years.

The problem is there is no compromise. The majority expects complete submission rather than any type of concession. The minority refuses any concession and expects absolute equality. That's why nothing really meaningful has come out of congress for the betterment of Americans. 

It's not accomodation, it's adjusting to ones environment. The question was, "WTF is he gonna do if he gets to the Senate and DJT aint there". If he isn't in the majority, if he doesn't have presidential favor, then hopefully he is forced to adjust and learns to compromise. Otherwise, it's just another obstructionist and nothing will continue to be accomplished.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

When one is in the minority, in order to be productive, they must compromise in order to accomplish anything. If not, the stalemate continues. Obstructive politics is what we have had to suffer through for 30 years.

The problem is there is no compromise. The majority expects complete submission rather than any type of concession. The minority refuses any concession and expects absolute equality. That's why nothing really meaningful has come out of congress for the betterment of Americans. 

It's not accomodation, it's adjusting to ones environment. The question was, "WTF is he gonna do if he gets to the Senate and DJT aint there". If he isn't in the majority, if he doesn't have presidential favor, then hopefully he is forced to adjust and learns to compromise. Otherwise, it's just another obstructionist and nothing will continue to be accomplished.

Here's the catch though.  The primary voters for each party don't want compromise.  Primary voters are mostly made up of die hards.  The far right and far left vote in more than double the numbers of everyone else during primary season.  They want everything and want to give up nothing.  To keep their seats, legislators must capitulate to that attitude.

If you truly want compromise on the hill, then the electorate at large has to be better engaged in every primary.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

That's why I said forced. 

He will only be forced by trump. Assuming trump wins. Trump and McConnel both lose then he must find another nut sack to ride. He had no clue how to organize an offense in the profession he made millions in. He was a lazy recruiter. I just don’t see how those qualities are considered as qualifications for the US senate.  

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

The problem is there is no compromise.

Except Doug Jones has introduced 17 bipartisan bills that have been signed into legislation... and Alabama voters are going to replace him with TRUMP IS MY DADDY AND I WON SOME FOOTBALL GAMES.

Again, "we" haven't been "suffering through" anything. We've been insisting upon it.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Here's the catch though.  The primary voters for each party don't want compromise.

Yep. 

i liked wingnut as a coach and i had fun watching him do the fingers and pissing off all the bama fans but i want someone who would question our leader on some things instead of just writing a blank check. and if i ever see of hear of him sucking up to mitch i believe i would puke.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

giphy (2).gif

those bama tears were so refreshing tho..............lol

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

those bama tears were so refreshing tho..............lol

He beat Mike Shula and didn't kill him when he had the chance in 2005.  Let's not go crazy here.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

He beat Mike Shula and didn't kill him when he had the chance in 2005.  Let's not go crazy here.

any bama tears are fair game lol

Tubs isn’t worried about corona because he can handle killer diseases just fine—it’s the common cold he has to watch out for. ;)

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Tubs isn’t worried about corona because he can handle killer diseases just fine—it’s the common cold he has to watch out for. ;)

May be too subtle for this board, went. ;)

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

This is known as Tubershell Syndrome if I recall. 

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

May be too subtle for this board, went. ;)

The previous version of this joke I made up was that at amusement parks, he could ride roller coasters and be just fine but get sick on the carousel. No one got it sadly.

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

The previous version of this joke I made up was that at amusement parks, he could ride roller coasters and be just fine but get sick on the carousel. No one got it sadly.

Wish I'd seen it. I would have thought it clever. 

On 7/15/2020 at 7:10 AM, DKW 86 said:

Tuberville, while a nice guy is not a Senator. WTF is he gonna do if he gets to the Senate and DJT aint there? 

So shall we spill the beans about his shady backwoods transactions and investment or let it surface organically?

Just now, RunInRed said:

Tuberville, while a nice guy is not a Senator. WTF is he gonna do if he gets to the Senate and DJT aint there? 

Toady up to McConnell. 

11 hours ago, RunInRed said:

So shall we spill the beans about his shady backwoods transactions and investment or let it surface organically?

I think we already have. 

16 minutes ago, alexava said:

He could lose too. 

I dunno. Long shot. Last good poll that came out has him up 4. 

13 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Go for it. I have friends of CTT that read the board. I feel a lil bad not supporting him. But truth is CTT has made some whopper mistakes.

I do not think for a minute that he is going to make a really good senator. Nice guy, but he would be in over his head as bad or worse than Trump. 

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Go for it. I have friends of CTT that read the board. I feel a lil bad not supporting him. But truth is CTT has made some whopper mistakes.

I do not think for a minute that he is going to make a really good senator. Nice guy, but he would be in over his head as bad or worse than Trump. 

Agree.  

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I think we already have. 

There’s a certain name and a related Lake Martin scenario I haven’t seen really flushed out in a public way.  Not too mention, the stuff down on 30A.

Archived