Men vs ST Joe’s

Maverick.AU

Without Cooper, I think we really need guys like Thor and Jaylin to have big impacts this season. Flan has shown flashes of being able to be a really good player, just has to be consistent. If Cambridge can just hit shots away from home, he’ll be very solid.. if turbo can limit the TO’s and use his speed to get to the hoop, I think that’s a major key. Hoping Powell can really be a sharpshooter for us off the bench. I’m not sleeping on Cardwell either.

• ellitor changed the title to Men vs ST Joe’s

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

Flanigan just...IDK...he doesn't do it for me. I'm hoping Powell can run point off the bench and score some points.

Flan has shown flashes, the last game against UT, he had a pretty good stretch, which is why I think he just needs to be consistent  He’s never gonna be that 3 guy, but if he consistently drives to the hoop and uses athleticism I’ll be happy.

27 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Flan has shown flashes, the last game against UT, he had a pretty good stretch, which is why I think he just needs to be consistent  He’s never gonna be that 3 guy, but if he consistently drives to the hoop and uses athleticism I’ll be happy.

Mark Murphy had an article earlier today saying he is practicing at the one along with Turbo and Powell.

What an athletic line up!  This could really be fun with the length and quickness these guys have.  Those long arms lead to tipped balls and fast breaks.  All of them can handle the ball on the break.   Kinda nice having those type of players all over the court!  Now, if they can all shoot decently...watch out!  War Eagle and Happy Thanksgiving!

I did a little research on St Joe’s last week. They had a bad record last season but it looked like they brought all their major contributors from last season back this year. Could be a good team to try and figure some stuff out against. Excited to see what kind of team AU has this year. Mostly interested to see how we generate any offense. Especially with no true PG on the team now. 

33 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I did a little research on St Joe’s last week. They had a bad record last season but it looked like they brought all their major contributors from last season back this year. Could be a good team to try and figure some stuff out against. Excited to see what kind of team AU has this year. Mostly interested to see how we generate any offense. Especially with no true PG on the team now. 

Yes, I was really disappointed about Sharife's situation. He's such a phenomenal player I was really excited to see him work.

17 hours ago, ellitor said:

practicing at the one

That is scary because he ALWAYS goes to his left...BP did make a decent PG out of Jmac last year which was something that I doubted would happen, so we'll see

Probably gonna be bumpy the first couple games.  Looking for Cambridge, Jaylin, and Flan to take that next step.  Don’t forget about Jamal coming off the bench.  

Just a warning we are going to look worse than we normally would because we don't have an active PG on the roster so just enjoy the ride

Waaaar Eagle 🦅 

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Thor has a nice stroke 

how bout the ups on the goal tending 

Archived