Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Key is we're going to have to exercise some patience here. He has his work cut out for him. Next 2 years will probably be a little rough. 

Perhaps not,  defense should still be good,  offense has potential that was not used.   Scoring TDs more often often while in the red zone will help tremendously,   

25 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Is that this clearly wasn't a good ol' boy hire. I don't think Jimmy Rane's tentacles reach Idaho. 

Harsin is a guy with clearly NO ties to our program, and not beholden to any booster. Know what other hire fit that bill? Bruce Pearl.

I genuinely do believe this is a good hire. A SNEAKY good hire. But even if you don't agree, you can at least take solace in the fact that our voices were heard, and the ptb appear to have been humbled.

Maybe things are changing for the better in the power circles.

Is that.... is that really how it's seen by others?

My first thought was, this dude is obviously confident in his abilities and willing to bet on himself to get an SEC gig. So if he had to agree to ridiculous PTB terms X, Y, and Z he will, because he believes he can overcome the hamstringing.

To all of you on here, I genuinely want to know. Why do.you think he's a good hire? He's coming from the mountain west. That does not equal SEC success. What makes you think he's any better than malzahn was?

17 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This is going to be a bit like going from go karts to Formula 1 though. Hope he can adjust.

Definitely will give him a wake up call just looking at his schedule next season. 

I’m not super excited about him, but cautiously optimistic. If he can bring in who he wants that will help. I’ll definitely give him a chance. He’s definitely better than Steele, and a 69-19 record or whatever is not too shabby, I don’t care what conference you’re in. It could have been waaaay worse. And no matter what, firing Gus was definitely the right thing to do. Even if he fails miserably, taking a risk for success is always better than settling for mediocrity because you fear the unknown 

Just now, bodagetta said:

Just my impression of Harsin: He is an alpha. He may keep a few on the staff, but will bring in some of his own choices as well. And most importantly, will not take $#!+ from the PTB's

^ This will play a key role in his success, or lack there of.

3 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

To all of you on here, I genuinely want to know. Why do.you think he's a good hire? He's coming from the mountain west. That does not equal SEC success. What makes you think he's any better than malzahn was?

We all get it you're a negative Nancy, likely not even a fan. No need to continue your garbage. 

🗣🗣🗣

9 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

I'm not expecting a clean sweep. No need to freak out about it.  Harsin will weed them out through retirement and/or attrition (they find a job elsewhere). Otherwise, it is clear as sunshine this guy is an alpha male. He is energetic, outspoken. Several situations happened this fall that got him in the mode to seek greener pastures and a bigger challenge.

I agree.  There are advantages to keeping some.   

Steele may be damaged goods whether the rumors are true or not.  and I am not saying I want steele. 

BUT  ...  Imagine you very good at your job but you are accused of a "crime" you did not commit.    Twitter and the media ran with the story that you are guilty.   The whole world thinks you are guilty except for the very few who know the truth.   Your new boss steps in, researches the situation and learns that you are innocent of that  crime.  He  takes a chance on you.  How loyal would you be?

12 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

I was worried about recruiting,  but a lot of posters , media  and twitters are saying he has a strong eye for talent and recruits to his needs.   To me that is more important than recruiting number of stars.    Win and the recruits will come.

Exactly. We have been whipped (at least once per year) under Gus by teams that had far less talent. And we've had a ton of talented guys used for blocking dummies and bench warmers. Forget the stars and give me a dadgum football coach. 

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Here you go...

You’re the best! 😝 

For people who want to s*** on his time at Arkansas State in his first year ever as a head coach here are his losses:

@ Auburn (not going to win)

@ Memphis (Memphis has vastly superior talent)

@ Missouri (not going to win)

Louisiana-Lafayette (one loss you can critique)

@WKU (3 point loss)

Well, this has been a fun night but I have to be up at 5 AM so it's time for me to unwind from social media/internet. The last thing I'll say before I leave for the night is:

THIS IS THE MOST EXCITED I'VE BEEN FOR AUBURN FOOTBALL IN ABOUT 4 YEARS!!!!!!! WAR EAGLE!

11 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I just need to know what Tank thinks about him.  That’s one player I don’t want to see leave us early, unless it’s to the NFL.

I imagine, like us, he probably doesn't know enough about Harsin to for an real opinion.  I suppose Tank could have been a big BSU fan and followed them closely.  Like most of us,  he has probably  just saw a  BSU game here and there.

First year at Boise State

12-2 won MWCG by double digits

Won the Fiesta Bowl 38-30 over P5 Arizona

Finished #16 in the polls outscoring their opponents 556-375

Just now, ToomersRevenge said:

Can we stop using the term alpha every other post with this guy. Jesus. Like... what is the sudden fascination with this term?

I think folks are just tired of Auburn's low-T, 'awww shucks' coaching style.  

Archived