Welcome to the Plains Coach Harsin (Merged)

mdp5150

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Needs to be building his staff and out on the recruiting trail.

Umm @Zeek, Nobody’s on the recruiting trail right now. We are in a dead period Through April 15.

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

First video I saw of him in a press conference tonight he said:

“They don’t have class in the morning and they’re just sitting in bed? Why aren’t you up here studying film?? And they wonder why they don’t play”

Hell yeah coach. Ready to run through a wall baby.

God I hope he runs off half these busters in the secondary 

1 minute ago, woodford said:

God I hope he runs off half these busters in the secondary 

Just appreciate a little transparency. There’s definitely a line but if this is what we’re getting, I hope it lights a fire under some of these kids.

23 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

You answered your question.

the know it alls knew nothing and chased whatever rabbit was thrown out

I had to ditch it all. You could tell a week ago all the "info" from the "sources" was nothing. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Pres Gouge did on his statement. 

@WarDamnEagleWDEDo you know if AU contacted his agent about interest in job, or if his agent contacted AU showing interest in the job? Just curious. I’m excited about this hire. 

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Umm @Zeek, Nobody’s on the recruiting trail right now. We are in a dead period Through April 15.

You must not have seen Mullen's penalties he's been grinding! Lol

47 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Hoping Auburn rubs off on her just a little bit. She could be gorgeous if she toned it down a little bit... I digress...

Still waiting to see the staff choices

I agree with you on both points.

Definitely he wasn't my first choice but I reviewed his record and he has had 10 win seasons at Boise state and he has a winning record. Since we made the hire I'm willing to give him a chance because he's earned that much but I don't have high expectations 

Well, after reading and reading and reading this guy is a WINNER! I hope I’m right about this but from all indications we just made the quietest home run hire possible. 

4 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Definitely he wasn't my first choice but I reviewed his record and he has had 10 win seasons at Boise state and he has a winning record. Since we made the hire I'm willing to give him a chance because he's earned that much but I don't have high expectations 

I’m not going to crap on you for stating how you feel about the hire. We were all hoping for a sexy splash hire after 8 years of the “typical random name”. And not one person on this forum, insider or otherwise mentioned Bryan Harsin that I remember. You’re disappointed and there’s nothing wrong with that. We all wanted Auburn to go out there and make a big time power move and throw some serious dough at a big time name. But the truth of the matter is, it looks like that’s not something Auburn University is willing to do. Too many people have enormous ego’s in the athletic department and Bot to give a larger than life coach the keys to the kingdom.  

With that being said, the guy seems to have an impressive resume with QB’s and he has won everywhere he’s gone, so he could very well end up being a great coach for us, and I’m willing to give my full support to him. 

I do think that all of the media stories of Kevin Steele being the likely next head coach and the stories about coaches turning us down day after day scared the living s*it out of us. And a lot of people are content with giving BH their support, because we felt like things were going to be worse. 

One thing I learned even more during this last 10 days or so was nobody knows anything when it comes to Auburn finding football coaches. No matter how much of an insider they are. Auburn interviewed this guy and went through a contract negotiation with him and not one person mentioned a thing until 10 mins before he was hired. 

4 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

You don’t have high expectations? Couldn’t ever tell. 

6 minutes ago, drewzums343 said:

Don’t worry, we don’t have high expectations for you as well.

4 hours ago, mdp5150 said:

A92A472F-C586-4A4C-990E-81281266025C.jpeg

Auburn Head Coach Bryan Harsin
"I'm incredibly excited and humbled for the opportunity to be at a place like Auburn University. I knew it would take a special opportunity to get me out of Boise and Auburn is exactly that, the chance to compete at the highest level for one of the greatest programs in college football. I have a tremendous amount of respect for the coaches and players in the Southeastern Conference, but am ready to help build a foundation at Auburn where we can consistently compete for championships. I want our program to make Auburn proud both on and off the field with consistent excellence. I'm very grateful to Allen Greene and Dr. Gogue for this opportunity. Kes, our kids and I can't wait to meet the Auburn family and get to work! War Eagle!"

Auburn Director of Athletics Allen Greene
"We are thrilled to welcome Coach Harsin to the Auburn family. He's a proven winner whose record speaks for itself. Coach Harsin impressed me with his detailed plan to lead Auburn to consistently compete for championships in the Southeastern Conference. I'm grateful to Gen. Burgess, Quentin Riggins and each member of our advisory committee for their commitment to Auburn during this process. We look forward to welcoming Bryan, Kes and their children to the Plains to introduce them to the Auburn family."

Auburn President Jay Gogue
"We started the search with two goals. We want a coach who will lead our team to consistently compete at the highest levels and to make Auburn proud on and off the field. We found both in Coach Harsin. 

Our search was diligent and thoughtful, and it is unfortunate that so much misinformation was spread in recent days about the process. I appreciate the leadership of Athletics Director Allen Greene and the hard work of members of our search advisory group. Welcome, Coach Harsin, to the Auburn family."

Great statement. Can’t wait for the presser 

3 hours ago, au701948 said:

Me too WT. The last time I saw Shug in person was running into him in a Department Store in Auburn one evening after I had graduated. He was one of the good guys.

I had the opportunity to meet him once and felt he was the epitome of the southern gentleman.

3 hours ago, Ber798297 said:

How much longer does Steele have until he qualifies for the Alabama state retirement?  If it’s just one year, maybe they’re asking to keep him on one year and then he can let him go?

He can get a high school job for a year. 

Our search was diligent and thoughtful, and it is unfortunate that so much misinformation was spread in recent days about the process. I appreciate the leadership of Athletics Director Allen Greene and the hard work of members of our search advisory group. Welcome, Coach Harsin, to the Auburn family."

This!!

WAR EAGLE!

Patience. Please. I'll say this again. There's no need to freak out if a few coaches remain on staff. Some may leave voluntarily if they find work elsewhere right away. Others may take a year or two. But Harsin will weed out what he needs through attrition and retirement. When you take into consideration the two buyouts (Gus 21mil, Harsin 250K), it seems clear that finances was a big factor. Harsin's buyout is a bargain and allowed them to salvage some sanity from the incredibly reckless and foolish decision on GM's contract. One of Leath's worst legacies and really hurt AU with that deal. Badly. On the flip side, given the situation, a tip of the cap to Gogue, and particularly AG. JMO.

Archived