Boise State Staff / Support Team

RunInRed

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

I just hope everyone is as excited with the program after the first season as they are today...WDE!!!

If not, just burn it down baby!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assistant to the Regional Manager? 🤔

When it's all said and done I'm interested to see how much more (Hopefully) off the fields staff Harsin has. The only limit to them is how much money we have

11 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

I just hope everyone is as excited with the program after the first season as they are today...WDE!!!

I hope so to but have no allusion's on 1st season. 2nd and 3rd season's is where the rubber starts to hit the road. If 1st season is great it is with Gus's talent and a new system by third season we are starting to see Harsin's talent with his system. 4th season is when I start saying great hire or maybe not. What I have seen so far makes me think I will like 4th season.

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I hope so to but have no allusion's on 1st season. 2nd and 3rd season's is where the rubber starts to hit the road. If 1st season is great it is with Gus's talent and a new system by third season we are starting to see Harsin's talent with his system. 4th season is when I start saying great hire or maybe not. What I have seen so far makes me think I will like 4th season.

I think we have a more 'unknown' phase with Harsin than we ever had with Gus.

We knew Gus from his OC days with us...then hired him. We kinda knew his offense and liked it. It only fed us even more in his first year as HC when he took us to the NC game. 

As Auburn fans, we have also seen how we have had coaches who have given us earlier than expected great seasons...such as Bowden, Chizik, and Gus, but were let down over time as to their ability to sustain upper level success.

So who knows with Harsin. Will he come in and we have a 'golden' season like Auburn has done before winning when unexpected? or will he be more like CTT or Dye, as it took time to build a consistent winner?

I think to know if Harsin has the long-term coaching ability for us as a HC will be in 1. his recruiting rankings for the next couple of years, and most importantly 2. How do we look on the field? Are we competitive enough to win against teams we will be underdog to (Alabama, Ga, LSU, TaM?) 3. Does he have us competing for at least the SEC West conference title by the time we get to the Bama game?

Seconding a point made earlier, it's pretty impressive the allegiance some of these folks have to Harsin.  Particularly the Boise/Mountain lifers ... it's not exactly a small jump to pick up and move your family to Alabama.

2 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Seconding a point made earlier, it's pretty impressive the allegiance some of these folks have to Harsin.  Particularly the Boise/Mountain lifers ... it's not exactly a small jump to pick up and move your family to Alabama.

Good point. I will say, though, that if the state of Alabama has a cultural and ideological twin in the PNW, it's Idaho. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Good point. I will say, though, that if the state of Alabama has a cultural and ideological twin in the PNW, it's Idaho. 

I will add Northern Cali outside of San Fran. on the culture part. Was not a culture shock for me at all.

Archived