Asst Coaches Presser (4/05/21)

RunInRed

I am really liking this staff.  You can here the excitement in their voice.  So different than the complacency in majority of previous staff.  Really liking Coach BB.  His experience as a player and excitement to learn and grow as a coach.  Very cool!

Brad Bedell just said he doesn’t want to pigeonhole any of his players because that gives away what they’re trying to do on offense.  But he wants every player in the room to be able to do everything.  This, mind you, is coming from our new TE/HB coach.  I love him!!!  Those words were so wonderful to hear!!!

The pigeon hole players thing is interesting as there has been a group of us who time and time again has pointed out how this holds the wr's back and the offense too. Glad to see everybody coming around and seeing things the same.

I don't think everybody was the problem.

Only one of G(us) didn't see it that way.

But, what do I know.

Is allowing Assist Coaches a presser something Auburn did under Gus too? 

If not, I like that they all get to talk and we get to know them better and how they think and sometimes coach...

Especially in spring when all is a little laid back. All that changes I know come August..

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Is allowing Assist Coaches a presser something Auburn did under Gus too? 

If not, I like that they all get to talk and we get to know them better and how they think and sometimes coach...

Especially in spring when all is a little laid back. All that changes I know come August..

I seem to recall them occasionally being made available under Gus. Kind of like it has been this year with Harsin. They tend to make them all available over a 2-3 day period and we get a bunch of interview videos and then nothing for rest of season. 

I really like listening to Bedell, you can tell he is a very personable guy. I bet he is a lot of fun to be around out on the field. I don't think talking to media is Caddy's favorite activity but it cool to see him light up when talking about AU or his players. Really happy he was retained. Friend did a nice job of not just flat out saying how bad the OL room is right now. Lot of talk about attitude and being a hard worker makes me nervous when talking about starters lol

11 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I seem to recall them occasionally being made available under Gus. Kind of like it has been this year with Harsin. They tend to make them all available over a 2-3 day period and we get a bunch of interview videos and then nothing for rest of season. 

I really like listening to Bedell, you can tell he is a very personable guy. I bet he is a lot of fun to be around out on the field. I don't think talking to media is Caddy's favorite activity but it cool to see him light up when talking about AU or his players. Really happy he was retained. Friend did a nice job of not just flat out saying how bad the OL room is right now. Lot of talk about attitude and being a hard worker makes me nervous when talking about starters lol

In regards to Friend's pc, nothing much has changed in the OL area other than a new coach. So he has what he has, including  one of his starters rehabbing a major injury. Until we recruit better, bring them in, coach em, then we will see maybe some but little improvement in the fall.

And I think the transfer portal after spring practice, is what I am looking to, hoping there will be OL entering that Harsin and his OL coach think is an upgrade or at least quality depth to bring in.

Bedell, looks like he could entertain the room. He is outgoing and fiery as it shows in his pc.

And I think Carnell, like Johnnie Harris, new WBB coach seemed to show, is that they are simply not comfortable in front of a mic. They are not experienced or gifted speakers, as many of us are not either. But as long as they can recruit and coach em up, then they will succeed as coaches too.

Archived