have i missed harsin on media days?

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I do. There would be no reason for someone else to push Gus to accept it. Knowing Gus, and how he would plan one thing and then change it before game day(as told by his ex OC), then I can believe he told Harsin, one thing, and then changed his mind on gameday. 

He, as we have seen, had insecurities, and worried about extrainious things(cameras, spies, etc). So, even though he should have known Auburn would beat Ark St straight up, he still exposed an insecurity by wanting an on the field advantage by accepting the penalties.

I still can’t believe the rumor that he paid someone to check for spies…the psych NP in me is like who needs a psych evaluation?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I do. There would be no reason for someone else to push Gus to accept it. Knowing Gus, and how he would plan one thing and then change it before game day(as told by his ex OC), then I can believe he told Harsin, one thing, and then changed his mind on gameday. 

He, as we have seen, had insecurities, and worried about extrainious things(cameras, spies, etc). So, even though he should have known Auburn would beat Ark St straight up, he still exposed an insecurity by wanting an on the field advantage by accepting the penalties.

Gus was 100% awkward and indecisive. But no one has ever said a bad word about his character. Not even former players that were let go by him.

I cannot see him, alone on this decision, going back on a gentlemen’s agreement, esp on his former team from 9 months prior and not on an FCS HC.

Gus doesn’t even have a personal beef with Bart, despite all of Bart’s verbal jabs about his HUNH. 

He had to have gotten major push from his assistants to take the penalty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

Gus was 100% awkward and indecisive. But no one has ever said a bad word about his character. Not even former players that were let go by him.

I cannot see him, alone on this decision, going back on a gentlemen’s agreement, esp on his former team from 9 months prior and not on an FCS HC.

Gus doesn’t even have a personal beef with Bart, despite all of Bart’s verbal jabs about his HUNH. 

If true IMO that still doesn’t remove it as a knock on his character (if true ).

edit: but I agree seems out of the character That I understood him to possess 

Edited by Hank2020

3 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If true IMO that still doesn’t remove it as a knock on his character (if true ).

edit: but I agree seems out of the character That I understood him to possess 

Of course. But again, it was his very first game as a FBS HC. Influences were abound. 

On 7/22/2021 at 1:40 PM, au302 said:

I thought he was really impressive. Straight business as usual but also showed some good personality. I was surprised but impressed with how he dropped in how when he first got here he observed and witnessed some poor culture behavior with guys showing up late, unable to finish drills, etc. Really a huge indictment on Gus.

Also, interesting how Gus told him Arky State could wear the gray unis and then changed his mind on game day. Pathetic but not surprising move. I get the feeling that despite their connections Harsin is not a fan of Gus as a coach at all, which he shouldn't be

That is hard to believe.  You all do remember Gus and Kristy staying after the game and there being a literal receiving line so that Gus could shake hands and hug players and members of the Ark State administration right?  Those two things dont really mesh.  It is also not Gus type behavior.  Perhaps there was a mix up, but Gus always goes out of his way to accommodate those type opponents and their coaching staffs./

On 7/24/2021 at 4:00 PM, Viper said:

I'll go as far to say that it didn't go down like that.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:00 PM, Viper said:

Maybe somebody held his aunt hostage and he had no choice

On 7/22/2021 at 2:16 PM, ertrader said:

The "agreement" with Gus was not that he ok'd the uniforms and reneged (he has no say) but that he said he would decline the penalties at the start of each half, and then told Harsin right before the game he was going to accept them. 

Thanks!  That makes sense.

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I'll go as far to say that it didn't go down like that.

I’ll go so far to say you don’t know jack. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:16 PM, ertrader said:

The "agreement" with Gus was not that he ok'd the uniforms and reneged (he has no say) but that he said he would decline the penalties at the start of each half, and then told Harsin right before the game he was going to accept them. 

If he'd change gameplans before the game then this makes perfect sense. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

I’ll go so far to say you don’t know jack. 

Whatever floats your boat buddy.  It is just totally out of character.

Then again, the final score was 51-14 so who cares?

Edited by AU9377