2023 Discussion Thread

Zeek

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We in this one. Not saying we get him. But AU is a legit contender. 

Jamaal Jarrett? He just canceled not only his planned visit back to Auburn this weekend, but also his Big Cat visit. He's not coming here.

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

Jamaal Jarrett? He just canceled not only his planned visit back to Auburn this weekend, but also his Big Cat visit. He's not coming here.

Just telling you what someone who would know told me. 

14 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

We in this one. Not saying we get him. But AU is a legit contender. 

I thought so until he canceled his visit here. Definitely possible though.

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Just telling you what someone who would know told me. 

You might want to check in with them again on that one - this just happened. Seems very unlikely to me that someone that we're a "legit contender" for would cancel his planned visit to Big Cat Weekend. Big Cat weekend isn't till the end of July. Again, he was supposed to visit again this Friday and he cancelled that visit too.

This is between Georgia, and instate UNC (NIL money).

Edited by metafour
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, metafour said:

You might want to check in with them again on that one - this just happened. Seems very unlikely to me that someone that we're a "legit contender" for would cancel his planned visit to Big Cat Weekend. Big Cat weekend isn't till the end of July. Again, he was supposed to visit again this Friday and he cancelled that visit too.

This is between Georgia, and instate UNC (NIL money).

No need to get upset with me. I do my part here in South Alabama.

We have an “in” here so I’m going to take a wait and see with this one. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU beats Penn State, think we start to roll pretty hard. 

Seems like whether we have a good summer or not it's all coming down to this game. I'm an optimist, but man it's tough right now. I feel pretty good at our skill position recruiting on offense and LB and CB on D, but losing faith in OL, DL, and EDGE. And those are the three positions we need a really good haul in

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Seems like whether we have a good summer or not it's all coming down to this game. I'm an optimist, but man it's tough right now. I feel pretty good at our skill position recruiting on offense and LB and CB on D, but losing faith in OL, DL, and EDGE. And those are the three positions we need a really good haul in

Going to come down to QB play for AU. Calvada will be the key IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, au302 said:

DL is super intriguing but worrisome.

Dabo pretty much built Clemson on the DL, with a couple of game breakers on offense (WR and RB) and a diet of Tahj Boyd, Deshaun Watson and Trevor Lawrence. Pretty simple formula.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

How many people do you want to play edge? lol It's one position it doesn't need five guys.

Normally you want five guys on edge this year we have Leota, Hall, Brooks, Joko as a fill in edge and the new Portal guy. Leota nd Hall are gone next year as is the new Portal guy so you will have Brooks and maybe Joko. Usually Freshmen players are not ready to get much PT they need a year  to get bigger and stronger and to learn the position. The two Portal guys would be immediate help Then the HS Players you bring in for the future. Now if the Portal guys you bring in have 2-3 years of PT then you would not need as many HS.  Last year we often had Leota and Hall on the field at same time in passing situations so it is one position but the way we rotate it can actually have two on field at same time. 

If you think 5 is to many why did we want 5 this year. After next year we shouldn't have to go t o Portal for edge rushers.

Leota is going to the 2nd fiddle this year. He might want to come back and be the #1 guy.

Or maybe he's just good enough and we actually have two top end edge rushers, 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Leota is going to the 2nd fiddle this year. He might want to come back and be the #1 guy.

Or maybe he's just good enough and we actually have two top end edge rushers, 

This is my theory.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2022 at 5:43 PM, Zeek said:

Not too surprising. They just won a natty lol. 

One thing to watch. If four-star linebacker CJ Allen pushed back his commitment day then it's a very good sign for us.

He committed to uga last night. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

Gonna be interested if thuga drops him if/when they land the 3-4 guys they like better than him. If so that would bode well, but assuming not, we better land two quality guys 

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Damn UGA legit just getting whoever they want and if they don’t go there they go to Bama smh. Auburn gotta surprise people and win some games or it’s gone get ugly when Oklahoma and Texas joins in a few years because that’s even more competition 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Damn UGA legit just getting whoever they want and if they don’t go there they go to Bama smh. Auburn gotta surprise people and win some games or it’s gone get ugly when Oklahoma and Texas joins in a few years because that’s even more competition 

and more NIL to compete against.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

We do lead the nation in top recruits ‘nearing a decision’, ‘soon to announce’, and ‘committing before the season’ though. 😂

• Haha 5
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Just like it has been for Auburn for what seems like forever.....it's been ugly and it's an uphill battle and when UT/OU join the hill gets steeper.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

We do lead the nation in top recruits ‘nearing a decision’, ‘soon to announce’, and ‘committing before the season’ though. 😂

Which means the AU brand has been getting great exposure.

We'd love to see the hay stacked in the barn but it appears our staff are still bailing it right now. 

Edited by JerryAU

Tomarrion Parker to PSU.  

Sucks we couldn't ever get back into it with him, even after UGA stopped recruiting him.  Getting 1 of 3 seems like a loss

• Sad 1

20 4* kids in Alabama and I think we're only going to get 4 of them?

English, Faulk, Cobb, Ramil???

Is that seem right?  Doesn't seem like anyone else is really even a lean our way

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

20 4* kids in Alabama and I think we're only going to get 4 of them?

English, Faulk, Cobb, Ramil???

Is that seem right?  Doesn't seem like anyone else is really even a lean our way

It's gonna all play out. I want Harsin to work out. He knows this recruiting class will make or break him. Just gotta let it play out and see what happens. But to your point , if there are 20  4* recruits in Alabama and we only get 4. That's a problem 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Which means the AU brand has been getting great exposure.

We'd love to see the hay stacked in the barn but it appears our staff are still bailing it right now. 

I hope it don't rain

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's gonna all play out. I want Harsin to work out. He knows this recruiting class will make or break him. Just gotta let it play out and see what happens. But to your point , if there are 20  4* recruits in Alabama and we only get 4. That's a problem 

I agree.  It's not the end of the world, but if we can't compete instate, we're going to really struggle.  Especially with how much emphasis the staff put on '23 kids during the '22 recruiting calendar. 

We'll see how we end up.  I didn't think we'd get most of them, but def hoped for more than 4.  We'll have to dominate surrounding states if Harsin wants to have a good recruiting class.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's worse than a problem this year. 

This is an unprecedented year for in-state talent, the State is loaded! Of the top 10 players in-state, 7 are 5*'s.  

Clemson, UGA, Florida, aTm have all been beating down the doors for these guys. 

Edited by JerryAU
  • Like 1