2022 Transfer Portal Thread

ellitor

2 hours ago, PearlofWisdom said:

Is there any interest in Emoni Bates? I know he just hit the portal and information will take a little bit to disseminate but would you want him? What if we get Phillips, would we want Bates too?

From what I've seen, we've reached out to Bates and Phillips is visiting next week.

2 hours ago, PearlofWisdom said:

Is there any interest in Emoni Bates? I know he just hit the portal and information will take a little bit to disseminate but would you want him? What if we get Phillips, would we want Bates too?

I honestly don't think Bates would come at that point even if he wanted to come initially, just due to the logjam, but it would be nice right 

I feel like the staff really is being careful with who they get aside from Broome. It appears that his recruitment is being coupled with someone else. Like you get Broome and Phillips or you get Broome and Huntley-Hatfield. They might already be too deep into their process with those three to even prioritize Bates at this moment

On 4/20/2022 at 7:42 PM, PearlofWisdom said:

Is there any interest in Emoni Bates?

@PearlofWisdomNo info yet connecting Bates with AU. One AU insider thinks Bates will go to Mich St FWIW.

On 4/20/2022 at 7:42 PM, PearlofWisdom said:

What if we get Phillips, would we want Bates too?

Unlikely since Phillips & Broome are the reason we aren't pushing hard for Brandon Huntley Hatfield yet.

“Huntley-Hatfield’s Auburn visit is the second of five for him. He visited SMU on April 18-20, and will visit Louisville (April 22-24), Wake Forest (April 25-27) and Arizona State (April 29-May 1)”

https://dothaneagle.com/sports/college/auburn/auburn-mens-basketball-again-in-the-mix-for-notable-transfers/article_4eeec114-c1c4-11ec-99f9-fff75d8290f1.html

The may 1st date. Is it that you have to be in the Portal by May1st to be allowed to transfer and not have to sit out a year or is it that you need to have transferred by May1st?

3 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The may 1st date. Is it that you have to be in the Portal by May1st to be allowed to transfer and not have to sit out a year or is it that you need to have transferred by May1st?

In the portal.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, casatiger said:

Teddy Allen New Mexico St. Guard hits the portal.   Following his coach? 

Probably. They still have quite a few needs on the Miss St. roster.

• 2 weeks later...

Per Jamie Shaw of On3...

An early name I have heard as a possibility to fill Phillips roster spot is Matthew Mayer.

Kid is a baller when healthy and the Jungle would love him. Had some injury issues last year.

@Rednilla@HAPvsOA

• Like 1

Any reason we aren’t recruiting Isiaih Mosley? Career 40% 3PG shooter and 85+ % FT shooter - avg 20 ppg last 2 years. #1 SG in the portal according to On3.

For being as proud of our trailer park student housing as we are, we’ve never had a lanky white dude with a mullet on our basketball team.  That needs to change…bring Mayer home!

• Thanks 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 2

My only thing with Mayer is his three-point shooting has been inconsistent throughout his career.  Last year should have been his breakout season, but he was terrible from deep all season.  The year they won it all was probably his best season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Any reason we aren’t recruiting Isiaih Mosley?

@CameronCrazyNobody has said we haven't been as far as I know. He's apparently a heavy Kansas lean though.

9 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

And is it too late for Tevin Brown to pull out of the draft and enter the transfer portal?

Not to pull out of the draft but yes to entering the portal. Doesn't matter anyway since he signed with an agent so he is done with college ball.

9 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

My only thing with Mayer is his three-point shooting has been inconsistent throughout his career. 

@War to the EagleNo it hasn't. 38 & 39% his Soph & Jr years. It was down last years because he was playing with & through injuries.

12 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

Last year should have been his breakout season, but he was terrible from deep all season.

32% is  not good but not terrible either, especially considering the injuries he was playing through.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, War to the Eagle said:

My only thing with Mayer is his three-point shooting has been inconsistent throughout his career.  Last year should have been his breakout season, but he was terrible from deep all season.  The year they won it all was probably his best season.

He hit all the threes in the highlights I watched. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

@CameronCrazyNobody has said we haven't been as far as I know. He's apparently a heavy Kansas lean though.

Not to pull out of the draft but yes to entering the portal. Doesn't matter anyway since he signed with an agent so he is done with college ball.

Are we sure about that post NIL? Wendell Green just hired an agent this week but he is still playing next year. 

19 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per Jamie Shaw of On3...

Kid is a baller when healthy and the Jungle would love him. Had some injury issues last year.

@Rednilla@HAPvsOA

If he's OK with not playing 30+ minutes a game, I think he'd be a great fit after watching more video of him. He could help space the floor for KD, Green, Broome, and Traore. He also seems to make hustle plays and do some of the little things needed to win. Perhaps, Pearl's system could improve his D and draft stock and that would be the main attraction. 

I've heard the TarHeels really want him as well to replace Manek in the stretch 4 type role, so we'll see what happens. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:
14 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Any reason we aren’t recruiting Isiaih Mosley?

I think Isiaih Mosley could be the best fit out there. He is a deadly 3 pt shooter, can create his own shot, and has the height to play the 2 or the 3. Just not sure about his D. But that may be the missing piece to improve his draft stock, so you'd think AU would be attractive from that point of view. 

The scouts seem to think Kansas has the inside track since he played with 3 of their players before college and he has a CB on 247 to Miss. State. But I wouldn't be surprised if he gets drafted given his shooting ability. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaitopher said:

Are we sure about that post NIL? Wendell Green just hired an agent this week but he is still playing next year. 

@thaitopherHas to be an NCAA approved agent to retain eligibility. A good number of agents aren't.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

Pearl's system could improve his D

Kinda hard to improve on #11 & #4 in the nation on D at his position the past 2 years.

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

If he's OK with not playing 30+ minutes a game, I think he'd be a great fit after watching more video of him. He could help space the floor for KD, Green, Broome, and Traore. He also seems to make hustle plays and do some of the little things needed to win. Perhaps, Pearl's system could improve his D and draft stock and that would be the main attraction. 

I've heard the TarHeels really want him as well to replace Manek in the stretch 4 type role, so we'll see what happens. 

I would be incredibly shocked if they’re pitching that to him and he goes anywhere else. Manek went from good-great to one of the 5 best March Madness players. I don’t think the world of Mayer but he can approximate a lot of the things Manek did and has a similar frame, sans the grown man strength Brady showed in the post 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Kinda hard to improve on #11 & #4 in the nation on D at his position the past 2 years.

Unless you have a Kessler or Broome playing behind you. :)

No, that's true. I didn't realize that he was that highly ranked. I am curious how much of that was him and how much of that was Baylor's system. So then I am not sure what he can to raise his draft stock other than shoot lights out from 3 plus better than average typical development at his stage. 

P.S. Where do you get your D rating stats? 

P.P.S. How do I get the option to edit posts? And to be a verified member? There is probably some FAQ that I haven't found yet. 

I read an article from Auburn wire this morning that stated if Cardwell and Flannigan return, we would have two scholarships left. I was always under the impression that we only had one more scholarship. Which is it?

"As a result, Auburn has some scholarship spots still up for grabs. Both Flanigan and Cardwell are likely to return. If that is the case, two scholarship spots remain. Today, Auburn Wire takes a look at some of the players head coach Bruce Pearl should target in the transfer portal."