Auburn CWS Game Thread

5 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

This right here. 

What a tough, gutsy team. Cole Foster playing sick as a dog and getting a double......these guys are truly amazing. Nobody has had a more difficult path than Auburn. 

Reminds me of bball final 4 run season.  Jobbed by the sec and then ncaa tourney  committee with our dates and travel 

lets avoid the baseball equivalent of a missed dbl dribble and win it all

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Malzahn really did love Auburn.  Its a shame it didn’t work out the way we all hoped.  

4F035650-DA94-4A31-B7A6-59C5929DCF84.jpeg

Please note this pic is from 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I thought something looked different gus has gray hair now since he stop coloring it

Coach Gus Malzahn (@CoachGusMalzahn) / Twitter

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I thought something looked different gus has gray hair now since he stop coloring it

Coach Gus Malzahn (@CoachGusMalzahn) / Twitter

The fact that Tim Hudson was in the stands and not in the dugout should have been the dead giveaway.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Dang I kinda hate that we have to play Arky.......

We would have to play them at some point.  The fact that they used a lot pitchers and coming off of an eight run loss is the best we could hope for.  Let’s go get those hogs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Ah my apologies. I will remove it.  That’s what I get for trying to be involved in a sport I don’t follow.  😅

27 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Ah my apologies. I will remove it.  That’s what I get for trying to be involved in a sport I don’t follow.  😅

Hey it's a good thing we have fans confused about which year the Omaha pictures are taken from. It means we've gone there multiple times in a very short span.

• Like 2

Arkansas is set up pretty well pitching wise because of the blowouts. McEntire to start. Smith and Tygart haven’t pitched. They likely burnt Wiggins and Trest. Those are good arms, but they have three of their better arms ready for us. It’s going to be a great ballgame. 

10 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Arkansas is set up pretty well pitching wise because of the blowouts. McEntire to start. Smith and Tygart haven’t pitched. They likely burnt Wiggins and Trest. Those are good arms, but they have three of their better arms ready for us. It’s going to be a great ballgame. 

You think they use McEntire, Smith, and Tygart tonight? It would effectively guarantee an Ole Miss win tomorrow

I bet Noland pitches on short rest if they win tonight, and it won't surprise me if DeLucia goes for Ole Miss tomorrow night.

But they might hold Smith out tonight. They still have Ramage who has appeared two straight (but not for long outings) and other arms.

Neither team is going to lose tonight for lack of available arms.

Edited by mcgufcm

2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I bet Noland pitches on short rest if they win tonight, and it won't surprise me if DeLucia goes for Ole Miss tomorrow night.

But they might hold Smith out tonight. They still have Ramage who has appeared two straight (but not for long outings) and other arms.

Neither team is going to lose tonight for lack of available arms.

I would prefer DeLucia on relatively short rest tomorrow vs. Thursday, if we can find a way to get past the Hogs tonight. 

• Love 1

SEC eliminates another.  TAMU to play OU in their bracket final. 

4 minutes ago, BigBlueWDE said:

SEC guaranteed to have 3 of the Final 4

Yep and the future SEC would take all 4. I guess OU fits right in 

5 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

We would have to play them at some point.  The fact that they used a lot pitchers and coming off of an eight run loss is the best we could hope for.  Let’s go get those hogs.

I realize that .....I just don't like it. They are scary good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Hey it's all good! Welcome to the thread and start following on a regular basis!

Barnett on the mound against McEntire as expected from what some people said earlier in the day. About 40 minutes until first pitch! War Eagle and lets get this W and survive! :D

Edited by tgrogan21