Uniform Tweaks

AUght2win

Anybody else catch the practice uniform tweaks? Different font for “Auburn” on the collar. Block letters - which Harsin rocked a lot last year in his apparel. Also added an orange outline for “TIGERS” on the helmet crown logo.

32CCE096-0BE8-4F83-88BC-E34FA4898428.thumb.jpeg.17f7b34a938dc033cceaf84d90dbbe40.jpeg

I dig it. It makes sense. Harsin wants to promote an attitude of toughness, no frills, all business. Bold block letters says that.

I’ll be interested to see if any tweaks carry over to the actual game uniforms or field design. Wouldn’t be surprised to see block letters in the end zone going forward.

• Like 1

May be the exact font we had pre-under armour during the Tubbs era. This was used only on our away uniforms back then, but it looks to be the exact same as the new additions to the practice unis. 

1F868E47-AF0B-4078-A694-24AA5E74499D.jpeg.03dc02bb56392b0374209eabb71f9f13.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

May be the exact font we had pre-under armour during the Tubbs era. This was used only on our away uniforms back then, but it looks to be the exact same as the new additions to the practice unis. 

1F868E47-AF0B-4078-A694-24AA5E74499D.jpeg.03dc02bb56392b0374209eabb71f9f13.jpeg

Looks close. I’d have to go back and look and see when it changed from the Copperplate font that UA used to the block letters. I confess, I haven’t noticed if it changed last year or at any time. We’ve been doing the Auburn on the jersey for so long. 

That block lettering began in 2004, but it was only on the away jerseys. The home jerseys still had the AU circle under the collar. In 2005, they went lettering on both home and away, and then of course, UA took over and the lettering changed to Copperplate. I’ve always really liked the lettering - more name brand recognition as the AU circle just seemed too small. 

I still hope we can do some legit throwback unis one day. The ones we’ve done so far have been pretty pitiful. The 1957 attempt in 2007 against Vandy was nice but not well done. It was a home game - the should have taken the stripes off the home blues as well as taken the AU off the helmets. I remember seeing some 1913 throwback concept art that was really cool - would love to see us do that. Outside of that, I guess there’s not a whole lot to do, other than changing the face mask color which we’ve already done.

• Like 1

Looks close. I’d have to go back and look and see when it changed from the Copperplate font that UA used to the block letters. I confess, I haven’t noticed if it changed last year or at any time. We’ve been doing the Auburn on the jersey for so long. 

That block lettering began in 2004, but it was only on the away jerseys. The home jerseys still had the AU circle under the collar. In 2005, they went lettering on both home and away, and then of course, UA took over and the lettering changed to Copperplate. I’ve always really liked the lettering - more name brand recognition as the AU circle just seemed too small. 

I still hope we can do some legit throwback unis one day. The ones we’ve done so far have been pretty pitiful. The 1957 attempt in 2007 against Vandy was nice but not well done. It was a home game - the should have taken the stripes off the home blues as well as taken the AU off the helmets. I remember seeing some 1913 throwback concept art that was really cool - would love to see us do that. Outside of that, I guess there’s not a whole lot to do, other than changing the face mask color which we’ve already done.

To be fair the 2007 throwbacks they did take the logo off the helmets.

The lettering shouldn't matter if they don't bring these back...

image.png

Budget cuts clearly showed that year

• Haha 1

Budget cuts clearly showed that year

I’ll always be grateful to Gene, and like him as a person. That said, I’ve always thought something about him was off. It was seen most clearly through his aesthetic choices.

Never forget, he made us wear the tramp stamp.

97957CA7-BB4B-4770-8D83-AF79AC298559.png

71BE5F36-7206-428F-A6FE-249114D495B6.jpeg

50D6F4BA-B831-4BCD-B7E3-81455BA9D655.jpeg

A735F395-894F-43C0-A23A-771679017D51.jpeg

F91A330E-1979-46B5-B80F-725FA40E1A79.jpeg

845AFBA4-47D8-4698-B198-E543C803A37B.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Obligatory Orange jersey request post...

It’ll happen 100% under Harsin if he stays and succeeds. His third game here he introduced white face masks. Boise was known for constant uniform changes. He knows we are a tradition school so the orange throwbacks might be a way around that. Just like orange face masks last year.

I’ll always be grateful to Gene, and like him as a person. That said, I’ve always thought something about him was off. It was seen most clearly through his aesthetic choices.

Never forget, he made us wear the tramp stamp.

97957CA7-BB4B-4770-8D83-AF79AC298559.png

71BE5F36-7206-428F-A6FE-249114D495B6.jpeg

50D6F4BA-B831-4BCD-B7E3-81455BA9D655.jpeg

A735F395-894F-43C0-A23A-771679017D51.jpeg

F91A330E-1979-46B5-B80F-725FA40E1A79.jpeg

845AFBA4-47D8-4698-B198-E543C803A37B.png

If Guy Fieri was a football coach.

• Haha 4

that is minor guys lets think big here for a minute. remember the tear away jerseys? i say we rock tear away pants so when TANK breaks that tackle he can moon the other team all the way to the end zone! now that is a change we can all get behind. behind......................get it? grins. yeah i am old humor me..........

Edited by aubiefifty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

I'm gonna get flamed for this but I bet Under Armour could actually do a tasteful throwback rendition of the orange shadow number jerseys from the mid- late 90s. I know most people hate them but I bet with a current design it could look fresh while being a shout out to that era. Like a less fish-netty and a cleaner, tighter look

1400811760000-Dameyune-Craig-old-photo.jpg

ap_96091402277_29715660_ver1.0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

that is minor guys lets think big here for a minute. remember the tear away jerseys? i say we rock tear away pants so when TANK breaks that tackle he can moon the other team all the way to the end zone! now that is a change we can all get behind. behind......................get it? grins. yeah i am old humor me..........

5087E684-0D99-439B-9B33-FF27EB8E06F4.gif

• Haha 3

Is this where we are supposed to make a "turning on the jets" joke?

I'm gonna get flamed for this but I bet Under Armour could actually do a tasteful throwback rendition of the orange shadow number jerseys from the mid- late 90s. I know most people hate them but I bet with a current design it could look fresh while being a shout out to that era. Like a less fish-netty and a cleaner, tighter look

1400811760000-Dameyune-Craig-old-photo.jpg

ap_96091402277_29715660_ver1.0.jpg

whatever makes the masses happy. no orange jerseys. everytime we had a special game and wore our special orange jerseys we got our behinds kicked...........

• Like 1

whatever makes the masses happy. no orange jerseys. everytime we had a special game and wore our special orange jerseys we got our behinds kicked...........

Fifty I challenge you to a smoke off. Winner keeps the avi

It makes sense. Harsin wants to promote an attitude of toughness, no frills, all business. Bold block letters says that.

Is this serious?

Yeah? You know people don’t randomly make aesthetic decisions, right? 

I can't tell if I'm being trolled

• Haha 1

I can't tell if I'm being trolled

Idk what to tell you dude. In modern college football branding is an absolutely huge element - from social media to uniforms to even brand slogans (“Auburn fast”, “Built by Bama”, “Row the Boat”, etc.). 

I don’t know what part you’re hung up on. Most HC make at least minor aesthetic changes when they take over a major program. CBH seems to be putting in some of his.

In modern college football branding is an absolutely huge element

Maryland takes the cake with that hideous flag ensemble from a few years ago.

And the GatorSkin ugliness.

• Thanks 1