Jump to content

My closing case for Deion


auburnatl1
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, VegasEagle said:

I not sure everyone had seen my post about the CEO. But a Ceo with over $100 million said he would become an Auburn fan and become a cash supporter if they hire Sanders.

It's mind boggling if AU doesn't hire Prime.

I hope it is true that Kiffin and his agent are using this to make Ole Miss pay him more.

It should default to Prime and recruiting will be off the freaking charts.

Also, Saban is retiring soon. This hire is not just key in and of itself. It is also key to get out ahead of Saban's successor.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites





In the era of a transfer portal the recruiting “prowess” of Coach Prime may not be as great as it used to be. If a coach cannot produce results those players are gone after a year anyhow. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe AU should hire Sanders to MC the press conference when we announce Freeze, Kiffin or Grimes as our new head coach.

If it’s freeze or grimes. it’s more likely that we’ll need to borrow money from him to afford another buy out in 2 years.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

One thing about this "reach for pie in the sky" fascination with Sanders by some on this message board: In the unlikely event that such an irresponsible hire is made and it, predictably, blows up in Auburn's face, these posters who want Sanders won't have to take the flack for making such an unjustified hire. AU has employed a professional, experienced AD. He's the one who would be a nationwide laughing stock. I don't look for him to be silly enough to buy a pig in a poke.

I equate hiring Sanders to some get rich quick scheme. Those sucked in by such schemes usually lose their money. We have more to lose than just money.

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/10/2022 at 11:08 PM, Viper said:

It's mind boggling if AU doesn't hire Prime.

I hope it is true that Kiffin and his agent are using this to make Ole Miss pay him more.

It should default to Prime and recruiting will be off the freaking charts.

Also, Saban is retiring soon. This hire is not just key in and of itself. It is also key to get out ahead of Saban's successor.

Been watching as many videos as possible. Every one I have watched, he seems to handle everything ad hoc, no plan stands out. Sometimes seems not to be aware if what needs to happen next. I’m hoping (if they interview), they request to see a plan. His persona can get recruits (sometimes), but major CFB needs outstanding plans. 

  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Been watching as many videos as possible. Every one I have watched, he seems to handle everything ad hoc, no plan stands out. Sometimes seems not to be aware if what needs to happen next. I’m hoping (if they interview), they request to see a plan. His persona can get recruits (sometimes), but major CFB needs outstanding plans. 

Then why hire assistants?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I equate hiring Sanders to some get rich quick scheme. Those sucked in by such schemes usually lose their money. We have more to lose than just money.

I get that you see sanders as glitz and fools gold. Style without substance. I see him as an alpha ruthless competitor with the work ethic, coaching ability, and reputation to get whatever staff he wants and recruit at level we’ve never experienced.

He doesn’t need to the money. He’s worth more than the other candidates you mentioned plus saban combined. He’d only leave jax st when and if he felt the school was a platform he could dominate from. Put another way, I always knew it’d be a stretch for au to want Deion and maybe a bigger stretch for him to want au. But if he did, imo, he’d take us to a level we’ve never been. Just an instinct.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I get that you see sanders as glitz and fools gold. Style without substance. I see him as an alpha ruthless competitor with the work ethic, coaching ability, and reputation to get whatever staff he wants and recruit at level we’ve never experienced.

He doesn’t need to the money. He’s worth more than the other candidates you mentioned plus saban combined. He’d only leave jax st when and if he felt the school was a platform he could dominate from. Put another way, I always knew it’d be a stretch for au to want Deion and maybe a bigger stretch for him to want au. But if he did, imo, he’d take us to a level we’ve never been. Just an instinct.

If he interviewed for Arky I would be shocked if he wasn’t intrigued to talk to AU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

See? For whatever reason this is the only coach whose character is being questioned for no reason. 

I'm just surprised that with everything that's discussed, all of the small irrelevant stuff that gets brought up I haven't read on here anybody asking the question what coach has the best interest for the players? The student athletes, what's in the best interest for them? Who has a track record as far as that? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

One thing about this "reach for pie in the sky" fascination with Sanders by some on this message board: In the unlikely event that such an irresponsible hire is made and it, predictably, blows up in Auburn's face, these posters who want Sanders won't have to take the flack for making such an unjustified hire. AU has employed a professional, experienced AD. He's the one who would be a nationwide laughing stock. I don't look for him to be silly enough to buy a pig in a poke.

I equate hiring Sanders to some get rich quick scheme. Those sucked in by such schemes usually lose their money. We have more to lose than just money.

lol

goofball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

One thing about this "reach for pie in the sky" fascination with Sanders by some on this message board: In the unlikely event that such an irresponsible hire is made and it, predictably, blows up in Auburn's face, these posters who want Sanders won't have to take the flack for making such an unjustified hire. AU has employed a professional, experienced AD. He's the one who would be a nationwide laughing stock. I don't look for him to be silly enough to buy a pig in a poke.

I equate hiring Sanders to some get rich quick scheme. Those sucked in by such schemes usually lose their money. We have more to lose than just money.

So instead hire the guy who's NEVER been a HC on ANY level? And who averages 2.3 seasons at a program? THAT'S who, far and away, would have more success than Prime at AU?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

10 bucks says Saban announces his retirement this year....Auburn blows the shot at DS and Sanders ends up at Bama and does epically....

1) not sure bama’s ego could tolerate a brand that may be bigger than theirs 2)my gut tells be prime would rather do a high potential fixer upper than just do a status quo 3) your scenario is so terrifying I choose not to think it😋

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pretty interesting read...he is trying to make young men into real men...talking the truth...Many parents want their kids to play for a coach like that...

https://footballscoop.com/news/deion-sanders-hosts-a-press-conference-like-no-one-has-ever-seen-before

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest MustardSeed

The best argument for Prime was what we saw tonight. He’s like a Caddy. Full of passion and love for people. 
Not sure he’s ready to be an SEC head coach but if he can get a team to gel half as well as Caddy and recruit top notch, I won’t complain… unless of course I do cause we stink but hey…it’d be entertaining at least! Of our “list” there’s really only 2 I’m not in favor of. Prime isn’t one of ‘em. 
Caddy showed tonight how important character and chemistry is.  I think Prime could potentially build on that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...