Angelo Blackson Commits!!!

IndyTiger

This guy is going to be a good one!

6'5 290lbs freak athlete

Very quick feet, being recruited by Syracuse basketball..., very similar measurables to Nick Fairley

Thigpen is friends with one of his HS coaches, so we got in his ear early

Hasn't gone to any camps or released video yet, and is from Deleware at a school that isnt use to doing PR for their athletes..., so none of the major recruiting services have hyped him

Came to A-Day and was offered immediately by our staff (passed the eye test)

Loves the Southern Charm and passion at AU, and wanted bad to get out of Deleware and play for a football powerhouse

According to Scout had offers from: Tennessee, Missouri, Maryland, N.C. State, and Pittsburgh

Now that he is with us his offer list will explode and once he releases tape and goes to summer camps I expect him to be a 4 star.

Rivals player bio

Rivals story (Premium)

Wow. Looks like a diamond in the rough. Loved this comment by his HS coach:

"He's a gem. I've coached a lot of good players. I coached Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a lot of good players, and he's a unique specimen. We do 7 on 7's and he plays safety.

A DT that can play safety ... B)

Definitely sounds like a potential diamond. Here is the local story...

Delaware prep football: Blackson of Red Lion Christian Academy gives verbal to Auburn University

BY BUDDY HURLOCK, THE NEWS JOURNAL

Red Lion Christian Academy junior Angelo Blackson said this afternoon that he has made a verbal commitment with Auburn University to accept a football scholarship.

Blackson is a 6-foot-5, 290-pound two-way lineman for the Lions. Red Lion varsity coach Eric Day that Blackson was recruited by Auburn as a defensive lineman.

Blackson also considered scholarship offers from Rutgers, Missouri, North Carolina State, Tennessee and Temple.

"Today, he just decided to call," Day said of Blackson contacting Auburn, which went 8-5 in 2009, defeating Northwestern in the Outback Bowl on Jan. 1 of this year.

Blackson said he spoke with many people about his decision, including older sister Delilah, and his Red Lion coaches.

"We decided it was right school," Blackson said.

Red Lion Christian Academy, a K-12 school in the Bear area, is the same school attended by seventh-grade quarterback prospect David Sills, who in February made national news by giving a verbal to the University of Southern California.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20100508/SPORTS14/100508012/Blackson+verbals+to+Auburn

Complete 2011 Commitment List

Is this the same recruit that showed up for Tennessee's spring game and 'got turned away at the gate' because no one knew who he was? I'm trying to find a link but I remember hearing such a story...

Is this the same recruit that showed up for Tennessee's spring game and 'got turned away at the gate' because no one knew who he was? I'm trying to find a link but I remember hearing such a story...

I'm pretty sure they offered him, so if that's true they really screwed the pooch on that one.

We got some film and this kid is an absolute beast.

Rivals

Wow. He plays high but he plays angry. Lots of explosion and speed for a kid that size. Excited about this one.

Archived