Jaylon Denson

RunInRed

AuburnUndercover reports Jaylon Denson has earned an AU offer...

An in-state receiver continued his big summer with an outstanding performance at Auburn’s camp Saturday, picking up an offer shortly afterwards. A commitment could be coming soon.

http://auburnundercover.com/news/story.php?article=4412

JAYLONDENTON200_71010.JPG

Jaylon Denson, WR

Hoover, AL

6'3 / 190 / 4.6

Any one know this prospect or seen him play?

Monday.

So, is it fair to say the coaches are higher on Coates and Denson than Woodson?

Yes. The rumors I'm hearing is that there wont even be room for Woodson "if" Denson commits.

Monday.

Yes. The rumors I'm hearing is that there wont even be room for Woodson "if" Denson commits.

What about Morrow?

Monday.

What about Morrow?

Focus on today. Morrow will be here before you know it.

Monday.

What about Morrow?

It appears we're moving in a different direction.

Rivals has a free update posted...

Jaylon Denson dominated at the Auburn senior mini camp Saturday, and garnered an offer from the Tigers.

"I came out and did my thing, and got what I came here to get," Denson said. "The hard work definitely payed off. I'm still taking it all in. It was a good feeling at the end."

"I like everything about Auburn," Denson said. "They are a family oriented team. They care about you. I come from a good family home, and I feel like Auburn would be the same thing."

This was Denson's third trip to the Plains this summer, having already visited for the spring A-Day game, as well as the first summer mini camp.

Denson admits to not growing up a fan of either in-state school, but now that he has an offer from Auburn, his allegiance may quickly be decided.

"I wasn't really an Alabama or Auburn fan," Denson said. "I just sat back and watched the game...now I'm an Auburn fan."

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1103831

What about Morrow?

Focus on today. Morrow will be here before you know it.

A humorist in our midst! Bravo.

A must read from AuburnUndercover...

In Iraq, a father and soldier celebrates his son's commitment to Auburn

By Phillip Marshall, Senior Editor

1279581395.jpg

When Hoover High School wide receiver Jaylon Denson committed to Auburn on Monday, it was big news in his hometown and home state. And it was big news almost 7,000 miles away in Iraq.

That’s where U.S. Army Maj. Ronnie L. Denson, soon to be Lt. Colonel Denson, is stationed. When he got the news that Auburn had extended a scholarship offer to his son, he laughed out loud for happiness.

His wife and Jaylon’s mother, Tarell, laughed as she recounted it.

“You could just hear how big his chest was over the phone,” she said. “He is very excited for Jaylon.”

Jaylon got a firm offer after a standout performance in Auburn’s camp last Saturday. He and his mother visited the campus Monday, and he committed to the school that has long been his favorite.

Maj. Denson wasn’t there to see it. Already an Afghanistan veteran, he deployed to Iraq on July 1.

“If he were here, you’d see him instead of me,” Mrs. Denson said. “He knows the ins and outs of things like this, and it’s a learning opportunity for me. He’s able to kind of coach us from a distance. He’s very involved with Jaylon.”

Maj. Denson, his wife said, left teaching the game to the coaches. He taught lessons of life and how to live it.

“He does more philosophy, teaching, the Bible, kind of making sure he’s a good person,” Mrs. Denson said. “He’s more of a character kind of person. He makes sure Jaylon is a good person and a good guy.”

Read more...

Guys (and gals), Chizik and Co. have something very very special going down on the Plains...

“It was not like trying to fit a piece in a puzzle,” Mrs. Denson said. “It was like the piece fell into place. It’s an extension of our family, an extension of what we believe in. I felt that even at the A-Day game. Now that we are here and we see how much care goes into the athletes here, it’s just an extension of home."

http://www.auburnundercover.com/news/articles/2010/7/19/in-iraq-a-father-and-soldier-celebrates-his-sons-commitment-to-auburn

I think this is a very big pickup. Recruiting guys that the coaches see and know from several visits to campus is much better than recruiting from somebody elses' list.

I realize most successful recruits will also be on the national lists but we seem to offer and get commits from a number of players before they "climb the charts." :thumbsup:

I believe this, along with Richardson, will finish us with WR players this year, unless someone wants to call WR/LB Kris Frost a receiver.

I love this quote here:

“It just feels great,” Denson said. “My commitment is very strong. I will not be visiting other schools because it’s needless. It’s pointless. I have committed to Auburn and I’m going to stay with Auburn.”

DUNCAN, S.C. - The talent showcase that was the Palmetto State Showdown 7-on-7 was also the national coming-out party for 2011 wide reciever Jaylon Denson and many other previously undiscovered players.

With many known commodities on hand, it was stunning to see the other players who shined.

1. JAYLON DENSON

WR, 6-3/190, Hoover (Ala.) High

The word that came out of the mouth of anyone who saw Denson play was "wow." Denson was the most dominant player at the event and was quite literally uncoverable. His size and speed were not wasted as he displayed soft hands and great jumping ability. Denson would go get the ball at the highest point as well as fight for it when the defensive backs may have jumped the route. It was almost an automatic touchdown if quarterback Ryan Carter got the ball anywhere near Denson. His play carried Hoover offensively all three days.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1101857

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN will show Byrnes High School(S. Carolina) playing Hoover High on August 28th at 12:00 ET. Chance to see J. Denson live.

ESPN will show Byrnes High School(S. Carolina) playing Hoover High on August 28th at 12:00 ET. Chance to see J. Denson live.

Marking on the calendar. Thanks, LiLAuBiE!

That's a great question. He may not have had stellar junior year numbers/film or done a good job his soph year of doing the camp circuit.

That's a great question. He may not have had stellar junior year numbers/film or done a good job his soph year of doing the camp circuit.

If he got on the field last year it was mostly as a Split out tight end. Hoover had 2 D-1 WR last year leaving Denson out of the WR rotation as a JR. I alsohear he has done some growing since last season.

Archived