Jaylon Denson

RunInRed

• 2 weeks later...

at halftime, Denson has had two catches, both negated by holding penalties. One was about 8-12 yards on a slant route. The other was 38 yds on a fly route. He's been thrown to a couple of other times, once he had 2-3 steps on a defender but the QB overthrew him by 10 yds. The other he was in triple coverage and it was almost picked.

Did any one catch the announcer (I believe it was Luginbill) say he sees Denson as a TE / H-back at the next level? I don't see that at all...

Did any one catch the announcer (I believe it was Luginbill) say he sees Denson as a TE / H-back at the next level? I don't see that at all...

Yeah I caught that as well and I don't agree either. I just don't like Luginbill too much. I see Denson as an outside receiver with prototypical NFL size (6'3" 200lbs). Watched the whole game and it was kinda boring. Hoover didn't take advantage of great field position numerous times, but they didnt have to since the defense was stout today. Would have been a much harder task for Hoover if Byrnes returned some of the talent that graduated in May.

Archived