La'el Collins

Rabern57

If the coaches had to choose either LC or CK who would it be?

Not a coach ellitor but i would say both. If they want in, they are in IMO

i mean obviously we would take both in a heart beat and grey shirt someone if they both wanted to come here. but say they both wanted to come to AU but didnt want to come together because they didnt have or a good relationship with each other. just tryin to think of an example. what do yall think?

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i mean obviously we would take both in a heart beat and grey shirt someone if they both wanted to come here. but say they both wanted to come to AU but didnt want to come together because they didnt have or a good relationship with each other. just tryin to think of an example. what do yall think?

If I had to rate them 1 and 2.....

1. CK

2. LC

I really like CK's maturity and the way he handles himself. Not saying LC is bad, but CK has just impressed throughout this process.

While humorous, I think most of this thread is complete nonsense.  According to the corndogs, La'el was in Baton Rogue last weekend and will be again this weekend helping recruit.  He appears to be "close" to the Frazier/Dyer of this LSU class...a great class by the way, that will keep them in BCS range despite the interesting coaching of Les Miles.

The only reason I say close is I don't think Frazier would have an opposing coach over for an in home visit the last month of the recruiting season.  The fact that CGC visited La'el to me is what has given some people an idea that this may pan out. More specifically, I expect some comments have been made by CGC to others that have filtered down.

We all may have been wrong about Roberson, but there is always a shock or two.  However, JLee's prediction is absurd to me, and we should realize he is as much of an AU homer to Bammers and Corndogs and Miles Formby and others are for opposing teams to us.  Would be great if we picked off La'el.  I doubt it happens.  I put Big C at 50% though.

So you think ST and J Lee make their predictions based on reading quotes from coaches in the media and 3rd or 4th hand information that "filters down." You are def. completely wrong about that. I don't know as much about ST, but I do know that the stuff Lee puts out is not based on stuff that "filters down." His predictions reflect exactly the way members of our coaching staff feel.

FWIW, I was told by someone tonight that we have a very good shot at Collins. Probably not 75%, but better than 50/50. Lots of "insiders" on the rivals board are saying the same thing, including one of our current players dads.

We probably won't have to greyshirt anyone. At least a couple of our current commits are probably heading to a JUCO. Not going to name names on that, but I've heard several mentioned by insiders.

You have heard "several"? I have no sources but I'd be surprised if we had more than 2 not qualify. Are you hearing more than that?

We probably won't have to greyshirt anyone. At least a couple of our current commits are probably heading to a JUCO. Not going to name names on that, but I've heard several mentioned by insiders.

You have heard "several"? I have no sources but I'd be surprised if we had more than 2 not qualify. Are you hearing more than that?

Yes. I've heard at least 4 mentioned as grade concerns. 1 new one today that I hadn't heard before. Obviously you can never tell at this point who will and won't qualify, but I think its a pretty safe bet that if the coaches sign 27, its because they are confident at least 2 won't make it through the clearing house. They may also have to save a spot for Shon Coleman in case he doesn't get a waiver to count towards next year's class.

While humorous, I think most of this thread is complete nonsense.  According to the corndogs, La'el was in Baton Rogue last weekend and will be again this weekend helping recruit.  He appears to be "close" to the Frazier/Dyer of this LSU class...a great class by the way, that will keep them in BCS range despite the interesting coaching of Les Miles.

The only reason I say close is I don't think Frazier would have an opposing coach over for an in home visit the last month of the recruiting season.  The fact that CGC visited La'el to me is what has given some people an idea that this may pan out. More specifically, I expect some comments have been made by CGC to others that have filtered down.

We all may have been wrong about Roberson, but there is always a shock or two.  However, JLee's prediction is absurd to me, and we should realize he is as much of an AU homer to Bammers and Corndogs and Miles Formby and others are for opposing teams to us.  Would be great if we picked off La'el.  I doubt it happens.  I put Big C at 50% though.

So you think ST and J Lee make their predictions based on reading quotes from coaches in the media and 3rd or 4th hand information that "filters down." You are def. completely wrong about that. I don't know as much about ST, but I do know that the stuff Lee puts out is not based on stuff that "filters down." His predictions reflect exactly the way members of our coaching staff feel.

FWIW, I was told by someone tonight that we have a very good shot at Collins. Probably not 75%, but better than 50/50. Lots of "insiders" on the rivals board are saying the same thing, including one of our current players dads.

First, no I didn't say that ST and JLee get their information from reading media quotes.  Most people on this board however tend to read what runs in the newspaper, or on an ESPN, Rivals or Scout article. I said nothing about 3rd or 4th hand information, but I doubt I'm "completely wrong" about anything I said.  I doubt Coach Luper or Coach Chizik calls up ST or JLee fo give them the nightly recruiting update.  Insiders have sources, whether it is the occasional conversation with a coach, an athletic department employee, a friend of the program, etc. 

I don't prefer putting those two in the same sentence though for the reason I stated before...I simply don't have confidence in some of JLee's stuff.  ST doesn't get everything right, but no one does.  However, he is right on a lot of things, often has the scoop on others, and when he doesn't, it tends to be because he is doing his due diligence in verifying his information.  The 4 or 5 guys on here who tend to provide the inside information all do that. 

I cant take this any more, I get up this morning and now we think we are getting collins. Our coaches are unbeleivable if they pull all this off WDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This years OL class coupled with last years class is going to make some serious noise over the next 3 to 4 years.  These guys are going to blow open some gaping holes for Dyer, Mason, Bray, OMac and Kyle. Makes me want to suit up. :wareagle:

This years OL class coupled with last years class is going to make some serious noise over the next 3 to 4 years.  These guys are going to blow open some gaping holes for Dyer, Mason, Bray, OMac and Kyle. Makes me want to suit up. :wareagle:

With that kind of protection Chizik is going come in some to run the wildcat.

First, no I didn't say that ST and JLee get their information from reading media quotes.  Most people on this board however tend to read what runs in the newspaper, or on an ESPN, Rivals or Scout article. I said nothing about 3rd or 4th hand information, but I doubt I'm "completely wrong" about anything I said.  I doubt Coach Luper or Coach Chizik calls up ST or JLee fo give them the nightly recruiting update.  Insiders have sources, whether it is the occasional conversation with a coach, an athletic department employee, a friend of the program, etc. 

I don't prefer putting those two in the same sentence though for the reason I stated before...I simply don't have confidence in some of JLee's stuff.  ST doesn't get everything right, but no one does.  However, he is right on a lot of things, often has the scoop on others, and when he doesn't, it tends to be because he is doing his due diligence in verifying his information.  The 4 or 5 guys on here who tend to provide the inside information all do that. 

We all have our favorites, and the guys at AE are as good as anybody out there.  But the things you say about ST are also true of JLEE.  He doesn't get everything right, but he is right on a lot of things and often has the scoop on others.  I think we sometimes are a little too harsh in our judgement of those who are trying to quench our rabid thirst for "insider" information.  Whatever happened to the good old days of just waking up the day after NSD, reading the paper, and finding out who the new players were???

Whatever happened to the good old days of just waking up the day after NSD, reading the paper, and finding out who the new players were???

The Internet!

....face masks,  the forward pass,......

Whatever happened to the good old days of just waking up the day after NSD, reading the paper, and finding out who the new players were???

The Internet!

....face masks,   the forward pass,......

Not all progress is as beneficial as it may seem.

The Internet!

What do you have against face masks?  :P:dunno:

The Internet!

What do you have against face masks?   :P:dunno:

Hey, even Joe PA said the other day we should eliminate face masks... Of course Joe PA also admitted that he still uses a rotary phone in his LR 

The Internet!

Hey, even Joe PA said the other day we should eliminate face masks... Of course Joe PA also admitted that he still uses a rotary phone in his LR 

Actually his cell phone is a rotary phone

The Internet!

I didn't know todays phone systems even recognized the "clicks" anymore.  :dunno:

The Internet!

I didn't know todays phone systems even recognized the "clicks" anymore.   :dunno:

They must in PA because I read where Joe PA's son seriously said his dad still used one.

I think for us to land him we need to be the leaders right now. We'll see. I know I'll be blown away if we get him. Wowzers!

Archived