La'el Collins

Rabern57

my sources keep saying they have sources that say we have a shot at collins. and by the way you guys are my sources. i dont want collins as much as i want bug c.

:laugh: :laugh:

:thumbsup: Its catching on.. :we:

I'm pretty sure only you, alexava, and I know what the hull we're talking about.  :laugh: :laugh:

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While humorous, I think most of this thread is complete nonsense.  According to the corndogs, La'el was in Baton Rogue last weekend and will be again this weekend helping recruit.  He appears to be "close" to the Frazier/Dyer of this LSU class...a great class by the way, that will keep them in BCS range despite the interesting coaching of Les Miles.

The only reason I say close is I don't think Frazier would have an opposing coach over for an in home visit the last month of the recruiting season.  The fact that CGC visited La'el to me is what has given some people an idea that this may pan out. More specifically, I expect some comments have been made by CGC to others that have filtered down.

We all may have been wrong about Roberson, but there is always a shock or two.  However, JLee's prediction is absurd to me, and we should realize he is as much of an AU homer to Bammers and Corndogs and Miles Formby and others are for opposing teams to us.  Would be great if we picked off La'el.  I doubt it happens.  I put Big C at 50% though.

my sources keep saying they have sources that say we have a shot at collins. and by the way you guys are my sources. i dont want collins as much as i want bug c.

I'm pretty sure only you, alexava, and I know what the hull we're talking about.  :laugh: :laugh:

Cool nick names have to start some where :laugh:

While humorous, I think most of this thread is complete nonsense.  According to the corndogs, La'el was in Baton Rogue last weekend and will be again this weekend helping recruit.  He appears to be "close" to the Frazier/Dyer of this LSU class...a great class by the way, that will keep them in BCS range despite the interesting coaching of Les Miles.

The only reason I say close is I don't think Frazier would have an opposing coach over for an in home visit the last month of the recruiting season.  The fact that CGC visited La'el to me is what has given some people an idea that this may pan out. More specifically, I expect some comments have been made by CGC to others that have filtered down.

We all may have been wrong about Roberson, but there is always a shock or two.  However, JLee's prediction is absurd to me, and we should realize he is as much of an AU homer to Bammers and Corndogs and Miles Formby and others are for opposing teams to us.  Would be great if we picked off La'el.  I doubt it happens.  I put Big C at 50% though.

I've heard all of these things about Collins.  I've also heard an ex-Auburn football player on a radio show that the coaches should ignore any interest in AU from Collins.  However, I do believe that people like JLee and ST (who put Collins at 45-50%) know more about the situation that we do.  I wouldn't personally say that La'el is 75% Auburn (or even 45%...maybe), but I wouldn't say it's 0.  

PS. Why do you say that we all may have been wrong about Roberson?  He decommitted from TTU today :P.

Cool nick names have to start some where :laugh:

BUG C!  :cool:

I agree, and I'm tempering my expectations.  I expect us to get Wright, Florence, and Roberson and keep the ones who are already committed.  Anyone else would be a bonus. 

better chance he signs with us than lsu on signing day. and you can laugh but i was the one who said frost and calloway would sign before everyone else so you can go back and check that kidos

My source is a football I know. Take it for what it is worth. Just confirming what was posted before.

Your source is a football you know???  :dunno:

0008-0803-1820-5517.jpg

My source is a football I know. Take it for what it is worth. Just confirming what was posted before.

Your source is a football you know???  :dunno:

0008-0803-1820-5517.jpg

Yep, his source is speaking up because he is tired of being kicked around. 

lzm is this a guy feeling or do you know the situation? What doesn't make sense to us "outsiders" is that we see that he is committed to the instate school and seems to be recruiting for them. That would usually tell you that he is very solid with LSU. I have heard nothing as to why he would be coming here. So that's why it's so hard to understand where all the optimism is coming from.

Yeah, and maybe he is full of sh@t, but regardless, sometimes people really can't talk about it.  I have one or two sources outside of this forum.  If they give me anything, I wouldn't release it here, b/c to them it is how they make a living.  Sometimes, you can't say anything.  Unlike some others though, I don't make many speculative predictions based on my sources.  Nothing wrong with them doing so, it makes this site more interesting.

I've heard all of these things about Collins.  I've also heard an ex-Auburn football player on a radio show that the coaches should ignore any interest in AU from Collins.  However, I do believe that people like JLee and ST (who put Collins at 45-50%) know more about the situation that we do.  I wouldn't personally say that La'el is 75% Auburn (or even 45%...maybe), but I wouldn't say it's 0.  

PS. Why do you say that we all may have been wrong about Roberson?  He decommitted from TTU today :P.

I'm aware and cautiously optimistic.  We may get Roberson, but he may head west.  In any event, we thought for a while (most of us including me) that he was a near lock at 80% or better. I'm skeptical of JLee.  I don't drool over every word from ST, but I respect him and his opinions, because he isn't here to sell subscriptions, and doesn't spew nonsense just to get us to be on here.  JLee however is in the business of selling subscriptions, and while I'm sure he has decent sources, I don't go for the orange and blue sunglasses approach.  ST, Mayor, JS, Jonesy and others are typically practical when need be.   DJ may fall into the sunshine category, if for no other reasons that his overuse of CAPITALIZATION and  ;D smileys ;D.

Archived