La'el Collins

Rabern57

Whatever happened to the good old days of just waking up the day after NSD, reading the paper, and finding out who the new players were???

The Internet!

....face masks,   the forward pass,......

Not all progress is as beneficial as it may seem.

What do you have against face masks?   :P:dunno:

Hey, even Joe PA said the other day we should eliminate face masks... Of course Joe PA also admitted that he still uses a rotary phone in his LR 

I didn't know todays phone systems even recognized the "clicks" anymore.   :dunno:

They must in PA because I read where Joe PA's son seriously said his dad still used one.

Well, he just does that to impress the Amish recruits.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

180734_1608355017864_1505871290_31432201_2243236_n.jpg

From left to right: Jarvis Landry, La'El Collins, and Anthony Johnson. 3 LSU commitments.

I really don't see how it ever came up with us getting him.

I don't think he's ever seriously considered flipping. He's the Kiehl of that class (the ringleader, head recruiter, etc...)

Yeah seriously.

I don't think he's ever seriously considered flipping. He's the Kiehl of that class (the ringleader, head recruiter, etc...)

No offense guys but ^^^this statement is getting old because the comparison is not there. Kiehl did not keep entertaining offers and flirted with going to other schools after he committed like Collins has continued to do. Chizik had an in-home visit with Collins just 2 weeks ago.

When is the last time Kiehl entertained a visit from another college head coach at his home besides Chizik? It hasn't even been two weeks since Coach Chizik last stepped foot in LC's home. I think LC will stick with LSU as well but its not exactly like he has closed the door on AU and he is still talking with our staff regularly. Comparing the overall recruitment of LC to Kiehl isn't accurate. They are similar in a few ways but not really. LC has also told "friends of his" to go check out AU. When Jeremy Hill was heavily considering AU around a month and a half ago, and JH made certain comments about him and LC playing together in college, he wasn't talking about at LSU. With that said, I think the pressure will be too much for him to back out now and it would be a different story if LSU wasn't in his backyard.  

No offense guys but ^^^this statement is getting old because the comparison is not there. Kiehl did not keep entertaining offers and flirted with going to other schools after he committed like Collins has continued to do. Chizik had an in-home visit with Collins just 2 weeks ago.

The comparison is definitely there when you're talking about how they both recruit for their respective schools and positively affect all of their fellow recruits. And that's what I'm talking about

I don't think certain experts would say we even have a chance if we didn't. As its been said there's a huge difference between Mr. Frazier and Mr. Collins. We'll all know in just a few days, but never count this staff out. I bet no one expected Calloway to be ours a few months ago, and I'm sure I can find a few pics of him in bama gear or posing with other bama commits, but look where he is now

The comparison is definitely there when you're talking about how they both recruit for their respective schools and positively affect all of their fellow recruits. And that's what I'm talking about

Prowl's last post proves my point. this may be a an agree to disagree thing.

Prowl's last post proves my point. this may be a an agree to disagree thing.

No, I completely get your point about him entertaining schools and Kiehl doing the opposite. I agree with that, that's what sets them apart. I'm only talking about the "recruiting other players" aspect, which they have similarities

And just for the record guys, it's not unheard of for a guy who is supposedly a heavy recruiter for a school to switch last minute. I say this now because De'Anthony Thomas, Top 10 prospect and longtime USC commit, has easily been the Trojans biggest recruiter throughout the process, but is reportedly flipping to Oregon on Signing Day, and has already told the USC coaches of his switch. All of this is according to USC pay-sites.

I don't think this will end up the same way, but I thought it was an interesting parallel. You never know

Almost every kid across the country recruits for their respective schools and tries to have a positive effect on fellow recruits. Not every kid advises a high school friend and teammate that are both committed to the same school, to go check out a rival school to see how great it is. Big difference. What does that say about him being the "ring-leader of the class" when he is advising fellow teammates and commits to visit AU? Kiehl hasn't entertained some of the same thoughts and ideas in several months, that LC has in the last few days. AMM, I usually agree with you for the most part but I think you're a little off on this one. I understand what you're saying but I just don't see the comparisons of him and Kiehl.

If land Collins I'll be the first to eat my words (and I hope I do) but I still think there isn't much of shot of us landing him.  If he were to commit that would be one of the biggest surprises IMO in a long time.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Our coaches have told people they felt like we had a very good shot at him. ST, J Lee and others didn't just cook that stuff up out of thin air. If our coaches think we have a shot, everyone should just sit back and see how it plays out. If the coaches think we no longer have a chance (ala Ray Drew) ST, Lee and others will let us know.

You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Our coaches have told people they felt like we had a very good shot at him. ST, J Lee and others didn't just cook that stuff up out of thin air. If our coaches think we have a shot, everyone should just sit back and see how it plays out. If the coaches think we no longer have a chance (ala Ray Drew) ST, Lee and others will let us know.

I think he's entertaining the thought of coming to Auburn, which is giving us some hope, but he's not seriously close to flipping. But we'll see what happens, only two days left

Sorry, I realize you are new to this board, but I doubt many of us give statements like yours highlighted above any credibility at all.  How in the world do you know? 

Frankly, I think I have a better chance of sprouting wings and a tail and breathing fire than to see Collins flip on NSD, but hey, if he switches, I'll do my best dragon impersonation...and I'd love to be wrong in this case.  All these insiders have sources, and sometimes the sources are wrong.  Our coaches may expect to get someone and be wrong.  Coach Luper made some bold statements that never panned out during the previous recruiting season...it happens.  Even if you are one of our coaches in disguise posting on this board, I'd say the same thing, because to me, him flipping doesn't add up.

Callaway has flirted with Auburn for about a year, wants to play a different position than what Saban offered, and was by no means the ringleader of their class.  The fact that Collins did visit Auburn and entertain a home visit from Coach Chizik tells me this isn't just a complete pipe dream, but the 50/50 odds and up are nonsense.  We may get Collins, but it means than we have hit it big on a 10 percent chance. 

Most of us here are skeptics, except for those who blindly follow ST.  And I don't blame the ones who blindly follow him, because he has done well with his predictions.  But I venture to say that most of us aren't on here because ST is some Nostradamus of AU recruiting.  Rather, he and his people put out good information, in a timely fashion, without tolerating a bunch of nonsense from members.

Sorry, I realize you are new to this board, but I doubt many of us give statements like yours highlighted above any credibility at all.  How in the world do you know? 

Frankly, I think I have a better chance of sprouting wings and a tail and breathing fire than to see Collins flip on NSD, but hey, if he switches, I'll do my best dragon impersonation...and I'd love to be wrong in this case.  All these insiders have sources, and sometimes the sources are wrong.  Our coaches may expect to get someone and be wrong.  Coach Luper made some bold statements that never panned out during the previous recruiting season...it happens.  Even if you are one of our coaches in disguise posting on this board, I'd say the same thing, because to me, him flipping doesn't add up.

Callaway has flirted with Auburn for about a year, wants to play a different position than what Saban offered, and was by no means the ringleader of their class.  The fact that Collins did visit Auburn and entertain a home visit from Coach Chizik tells me this isn't just a complete pipe dream, but the 50/50 odds and up are nonsense.  We may get Collins, but it means than we have hit it big on a 10 percent chance. 

Most of us here are skeptics, except for those who blindly follow ST.  And I don't blame the ones who blindly follow him, because he has done well with his predictions.  But I venture to say that most of us aren't on here because ST is some Nostradamus of AU recruiting.  Rather, he and his people put out good information, in a timely fashion, without tolerating a bunch of nonsense from members.

I don't think most on here "blindly follow" anyone.  I trust ST and other Mods because their sources have been proven right fairly often.  The coaches have done a fantastic job in closing with these kids and their parents so I have confidence that they will complete this class with who they want. 

If you are a betting person, then you will make more money than you lose, if you use what you learn on this site.  The folks in the know know what they are talking about for sure.

:trampoline::bananadance::happydance::hellyeah:

Just to add a little to what Counsel said, we know you're new DM8 but just to let you know, AMM is a very solid poster and has been for quite some time.

Counsel, I was wondering about something. I know you were high on Crowell and holding out hope for him that he'd eventually come around but why aren't you giving LC more of a chance, since LC is more interested in AU than IC ever was?

This came from a LSU fan on TD!

"i know everyone is going to claim i'm an idiot or a complete AUbtard, but i just got back from a family weekend with my brother in law who is a coach at RHS

he told me he believes la'el is a silent to AU right now, and he can't come out (or even make a trip) due to local pressure (like janzen jackson a few years ago)

la'el didn't like the venom he saw posted about his teammate hill (when he de-committed and was rumored to be an AU silent) and grew sour on LSU due to that and the lack of recent attention

he told me that la'el did have dinner with USC's coaches as a way to deflect the attention local people will have on his possible AU decision. that dinner is 100% true and not a rumor. coach O is using his LA-roots to try to make an 11th hour run at LC"

Archived