AU - Samford

NoALtiger

Samford is 13-23 from 3 point range. Andre Malone leads AU with 20 points. No other AU player in double figures at this time. Samford up 47-40 15:40 of second half.

Barbee is a good coach, and our players are truly playing their hearts out; we just unfortunately don't have the talent to compete with any decent D-1 program. 

Hopefully we can rebound and pick up a few wins in our OCC schedule. The SEC usually has a couple of teams every year that doesn't win any more than 2-3 SEC games, and it looks like Auburn will probably have to pull through that type of season this year. 

Basketball is not like football. Any team can beat any other team. Syracuse lost early last year to a team in lower division than Samford. It happens all the time. Hell Butler was in the championship game last year. Besides if a team gets hot behind the 3 point line, there ain't whole lot you can do.

We are going to have to be patient with our basketball program, but I think we have the right coach. Support the team and they will knock off some teams, they are sure to be a scrappy bunch.

Guest midnight

When I received the halftime and final score texts I could've sworn on my life that they were wrong.. guess not. We'll get better and pull out some wins. Its gonna be a long year for Barbee and Co.

i was there last  nighs leaving , what was really dissapointing was i saw auburn fans leaving with only 5 minutes left, what i saw with the team the 3 point shot by samford just killed us we have to find somone to defend against 3 point shots

How long does it take to rebuild a BB program?

I hope fans understand that Barbee is almost starting from scratch.

Kentucky did it in one season but it would take us 2-3 seasons.  If Barbee can't do it then I think anyone can

Archived