Question for Stat Tiger

au_bsci_04

Stat, do you have any information you can put together to show the correlation between winning a nation championship and recruiting (i.e. the success in recruiting the year of, the following year, and so on...)? I think it would be interesting to see exactly when a team receives the biggest benefit. TIA

Stat, do you have any information you can put together to show the correlation between winning a nation championship and recruiting (i.e. the success in recruiting the year of, the following year, and so on...)? I think it would be interesting to see exactly when a team receives the biggest benefit. TIA

I know I am not Stat Tier but I love analyzing stats and I can get the answers for you if you do not have a problem with that?

I know I am not Stat Tier but I love analyzing stats and I can get the answers for you if you do not have a problem with that?

yeah, just run a quick regression analysis would you, that tests the strength of the relationship b/w Nat'l Championships and recruiting class strength. Should be pretty interesting!  :thumbsup:

:we:

yeah, just run a quick regression analysis would you, that tests the strength of the relationship b/w Nat'l Championships and recruiting class strength. Should be pretty interesting!   :thumbsup:

how many years do you want the analysis to project forward?

I know we have been working towards this for the past 2 years, and it is just coincidental that we are playing for a MNC, but it seems like we are on all kinds of top 12' talent really early this year. A win in January and we could be seeing the fruits as early as the 12' class. That is why it is so important that we keep momentum and bring in a top 10 class this year.

yeah, just run a quick regression analysis would you, that tests the strength of the relationship b/w Nat'l Championships and recruiting class strength. Should be pretty interesting!   :thumbsup:

I would think 5 would be sufficient.

How high can you count?  4, 5 years?    :P

I would think 5 would be sufficient.

Depends on how short-minded high school kids are. 5-years would put them back at the beginning of their high school careers (before freshman) and given the number of subsequent national championships they'll see, I doubt they'd care for any of them other than from their Junior year, so it may only make sense to go back 2 (3 max) years. Not a big deal though. All interesting stuff.

I would like to See our Defensive stats for the season 2nd half only! and see how it ranks with total D nationally

By all means, I think you've earned that right! Thanks for your help, I just happened to read a Stat post prior to starting mine...

I think you just made ellitor's day. Get to work ellitor!!!!!

How high can you count?  4, 5 years?     :P

Ouch.... I have total confidence that we will be blown away by ellitor's presentation........not to add any extra pressure or anything.  ;)

And I just thought of another Variable...total composite ranking and per player average...I say that cuz the Buckeyes won the title in 2002. They were 25th overall in Scout that year but their per player average was 5th...They only signed 15 players that year.

Never expected to see the term "regression analysis" in a post.  Good job Sid!

Never expected to see the term "regression analysis" in a post.  Good job Sid!

He must have analytical word-of-the-day toilet paper :rolleyes:

You guys are killing me...I don't even have power point. lol

And ... it's been over an hour?!!  You 'bout finished???   :dunno:       ;D

lol. I did not realize Stat Tiger was a Mod. I will let him get this one. I do not have excll and am doing it on a word document so even though it makes sense to me I do not think it would make sense to you guys. I will stick with projecting rankings using Rivals and Scout formulas. Sorry to disappoint guys.

lol. I did not realize Stat Tiger was a Mod. I will let him get this one. I do not have excll and am doing it on a word document so even though it makes sense to me I do not think it would make sense to you guys. I will stick with projecting rankings using Rivals and Scout formulas. Sorry to disappoint guys.

NOT disappointing bro. I always enjoy reading your posts - no matter what the subject.

Who cares! You put the effort in so who gives a rip what it looks like. We won't judge! We want to see what you came up with. Ok, so we understand it is in Word, big deal. Let's see what you got.

Somebody get this man a slide-rule and some graph paper so he can get to work!!!

Archived