Christian Westerman to AU!

tiger241345162816

If we get Westerman, I don't think we'll get Collins, because we just don't have room. Would LOVE to get either one.

I hope you are joking.  I don't think there is much of a chance for Collins, but we would take both if both would come.  For sure.  You don't turn away that type of o-line talent.  Especially in AUs case with the number of o-linemen leaving.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get Westerman, I don't think we'll get Collins, because we just don't have room. Would LOVE to get either one.

I gotta disagree here.. If they both wanted to come there is no way we would turn them down especially at OL.  The coaches will make room and work out the numbers, that's what the make the big bucks for.

We wouldn't make room? I would think you can't have enough 5 star linemen.

I honestly don't believe Collins is even an option. I think Westerman is the guy.

In a case like this, however, if both want to come on board despite them both knowing they want to go to the same school then you take both. I think that's how the coaches will approach the situation too. But like I said, I really doubt that happens.

We wont get Collins. He's going to LSU.

Like Jonesy said, Westerman is by far the more likely option

As i said earlier if Hill and Collins take an UV, as is being reported, paying their own way in January then we are still very much in it with both of them.

Yeah, I said it the wrong way, but I'm just not sure that Westerman would have come into the picture if we the coaches were feeling comfortable with Collins. If both wanted to come, then yeah, we'd make room for them, but...eh, just the numbers going over in my head, and the talent we're recruiting at other positions, not to mention the need at those other positions, I don't think the coaches would actively pursue adding both to the class.

We will always need offensive linemen but it is not necessarily critical that we get any particular lineman this year. After all we ha still have some very good linemen in the house.

Eric Mack 6-3 361 FR

Chad Slade 6-5 316 FR

Blake Burgess 6-2 278 FR

Chase Seals 6-7 300 FR

Tunde Fariyike 6-2 330 FR

Bobby Ingalls 6-7 320 JR

Ed Christian 6-4 277 FR

Ryan Preston 6-1 278 FR

Andre Harris 6-3 318 RS/FR

John Sullen 6-6 312 SO

Andrew Parmer 5-10 267 SO

Brandon Mosley 6-6 299 JR

A.J. Greene 6-5 291 JR

Jared Cooper 6-4 300 JR

These are not all on scholarship but were all on the roster this year. Surely, there are a few pretty good starters in this group. It is still pretty unusual for a freshman offensive

We wont get Collins. He's going to LSU.

Like Jonesy said, Westerman is by far the more likely option

As i said earlier if Hill and Collins take an UV, as is being reported, paying their own way in January then we are still very much in it with both of them.

I'm inclined to go with this. If Collins and Hill make a trip just before signing day then it would seem like we would be in it. However I'm thrilled with getting Westerman. I'm interested to hear if Jonesy thinks we did enough to land him come signing day.

I'm not Jonesy of course but I feel qualified to answer that question and the answer is an emphatic yes.

Great news!

I'm not Jonesy of course but I feel qualified to answer that question and the answer is an emphatic yes.

Thank you for your input as it's always welcome. I love the answer too!  :tdau::party:

Wow, that's outstanding!

From what I've heard about Westerman, he's more than capable of stepping up to fill one of the vacant guard spots early in his career, but still versatile enough to move outside to one tackle or the other (I'm guessing the right side, but :dunno:) as he progresses. This could prove to be a big deal, yielding both immediate and long term results.

What do you mods or AUQBDAD feel like the percentage chances are of getting westerman?

He has already spoken....and it was good....very good    :thumbsup:

What do you mods or AUQBDAD feel like the percentage chances are of getting westerman?

Yeah, I defer to Mr. Beach in such instances, and he feels very good about our chances. :thumbsup:

If DAD says it, then I believe the % to be VERY GOOD!  :wedance:

Here....I'll give you these tidbits.

1. We spent a lot of time with the Westermans this week end and Mr. Westerman and myself along with Kiehl and Christian hit it off immediately.

2. We exchanged contact info...all four of us.

3. Kiehl and Christian are on the same team for the UA All American game. We're going to hang out in Orlando together, go to eat together, and go to Disney World together.

Archived