Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

I like what cujo had to say about our OL coach turning down other jobs, and how that leads him to think of Au as stable.  You got to know hes thinking vs the  Crapstain where the staff is constantly changing.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe CK is probably the 2nd most college ready player this year, and will be a great pickup for anyteam.

I believe it is between Auburn and Bama, and I'd give bama the slight lead at this poiint.

I just got a random text message, from an unknown number, that said, 'ALL IN!'

I am going to assume that it was from CK until whoever sent it tells me otherwise :)

I am going to assume that it was from CK until whoever sent it tells me otherwise :)

If he's in, some of us are going to have to get out.  That dude is huge!!!

Early PT could help us get him, but I still feel he is Bammer bound. JMO. I would love to get him though. It would make the Bammers cry!

Our recruiting staff has a habit of signing at least 1-surprise commit that, " there is no way AU is supposed to get"...

I personally believe this is a by-product of our coaches sowing a tremendous amount of work into the kids, and reaping exceptional fruit from exceptional work...

CK just very well may be this type of fruit in this class... and I can assure you that our staff has been on him longer than just this last weekend...

AU may be the dark horse in this race, but we have won a lot of these type of races lately... 

Early PT could help us get him, but I still feel he is Bammer bound. JMO. I would love to get him though. It would make the Bammers cry!

I hope we get him because he is on helluva football player, seems like he has a good head on his shoulders, and would help AU immensely. I could care less what a Bama fan does, says, or thinks.

My bad that was meant for someone else!!  :)

Best case scenario for signing day:

-Get to work at 7:00 a.m. to beat traffic

-Try to hide the ESPN3 window on desktop while avoiding the IT guy who has questions about bandwith/streaming video

-See CK put an AU hat on at 8:00 a.m. and nearly spew coffee...(send email to fellow Auburn workers proclaiming "Whoa eagle, baby"

-See EF do the same at 8:15 a.m. and this time actually spew coffee

-Realize that it was a bad idea to go to work and leave by 8:30 a.m. to celebrate/watch the rest of our class unfold

-Try to hide the ESPN3 window on desktop while avoiding the IT guy who has questions about bandwith/streaming video

-See CK put an AU hat on at 8:00 a.m. and nearly spew coffee...(send email to fellow Auburn workers proclaiming "Whoa eagle, baby"

-Realize that it was a bad idea to go to work and leave by 8:30 a.m. to celebrate/watch the rest of our class unfold

So CK announces at 8?

So CK announces at 8?

Why so early? I mean I got the time difference but wow

So CK announces at 8?

Besides CK who else is going to annoucne their commitment on TV, and at what times?

So CK announces at 8?

Seems like a good thing for colleges who are hoping to land him but have backup options in case he doesn't choose them.

So CK announces at 8?

Besides CK who else is going to annoucne their commitment on TV, and at what times?

Florence at 8:15 CST and Wright at 12:30 CST

So CK announces at 8?

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=30149.0

So CK announces at 8?

I want to announce and probably will, just don't think it will draw much attention! Probably will be announcing to co-workers most of the day that Auburn is having a HUGE recruiting day! I think I will go overboard with it!

I hope we get him because he is on helluva football player, seems like he has a good head on his shoulders, and would help AU immensely. I couldn't care less what a Bama fan does, says, or thinks.

I dissagree. I like to know when bammers are playing in traffic, or just simply crossing the street.  ;D

I'm still very confident about landing CK. I'm still putting together some loose ends but it looks good right now.

Well let's get it going then Jonesy.

This is a curiosity question and don't take it in smart way. In the case of CK how do your sources know? If he really doesn't know himself and is indeed "going to sit down with his family and decide," how does anybody know much at all? Just going with gut feeling based on what they do know?

Not sure if it's taboo to ask a fella about his sources.

I won't know where he's going until he announces. All I can do is find out through people relatively close to him what he's saying when a microphone or camera isn't in his face. That being said, those stupid enough to follow recruiting as close as I do and make predictions do so based on this information given to us.

A source can very. I think when people see the word "source" they immediately think it's someone involved in Auburn's recruiting staff and that we can just go to them anytime we want. Those people exist but are few and far between. The unfortunate truth is that most sources of information come from teammates, relatives (rarely), high school coaches, high school assistants, and scouts. I've been doing this as a hobby for a couple years now so I have the added advantage of being able to use past Auburn recruits that chose another school as a source of information.

Hope that gives you some insight. I still have some unanswered questions that impact my percentages on CK so I'm going to hold off until I can get that information. I know it seems cruel but posting incorrect or partial information on here is something I dislike doing.

Cheers

Thanks for the insight Jonesy. I was hoping you were going to say you had CK's house bugged but your answer is just as good.

I'm still very confident about landing CK. I'm still putting together some loose ends but it looks good right now.

Well let's get it going then Jonesy.

This is a curiosity question and don't take it in smart way. In the case of CK how do your sources know? If he really doesn't know himself and is indeed "going to sit down with his family and decide," how does anybody know much at all? Just going with gut feeling based on what they do know?

Not sure if it's taboo to ask a fella about his sources.

I won't know where he's going until he announces. All I can do is find out through people relatively close to him what he's saying when a microphone or camera isn't in his face. That being said, those stupid enough to follow recruiting as close as I do and make predictions do so based on this information given to us.

A source can very. I think when people see the word "source" they immediately think it's someone involved in Auburn's recruiting staff and that we can just go to them anytime we want. Those people exist but are few and far between. The unfortunate truth is that most sources of information come from teammates, relatives (rarely), high school coaches, high school assistants, and scouts. I've been doing this as a hobby for a couple years now so I have the added advantage of being able to use past Auburn recruits that chose another school as a source of information.

Hope that gives you some insight. I still have some unanswered questions that impact my percentages on CK so I'm going to hold off until I can get that information. I know it seems cruel but posting incorrect or partial information on here is something I dislike doing.

Cheers

Thanks for the insight Jonesy. I was hoping you were going to say you had CK's house bugged but your answer is just as good.

I sure hope we get Bug C, but some of the most trusted sources on this board aren't really coming out and saying "CK = All In  :thumbsup:" if you know what I mean. I feel like if he were, maybe we'd know by now.

On the other hand, maybe the dude really just hasn't made up his mind, so how the heck could anybody know, anyway.

If we get him, it'll be a HUGE coup. If we don't, we still have a Top 5(!) class easy with some serious, serious football players coming in.

I, for one, am not going to be the least bit disappointed, either way.

:wareagle:

Archived