Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From readings here and elsewhere, Cyrus K. is likely to be thinking better than many of his age. About career opportunities. He's been taught that life is a long run, not a quick sprint. His family moved to the USA for better educational opportunities. Which is why I could easily picture Cyrus Kouanjio as an architect.

From readings here and elsewhere, Cyrus K. is likely to be thinking better than many of his age.  About career opportunities.  He's been taught that life is a long run, not a quick sprint.  His family moved to the USA for better educational opportunities.  Which is why I could easily picture Cyrus Kouanjio as an architect.

Solid first post.  :thumbsup:

Cyrus' teammate at Dematha (Jordan Lomax - S) committed to Iowa tonight.  Does anyone know if Iowa is a serious contender for Cyrus?  He visited there a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard much about it....except that Cyrus hates the cold.

From readings here and elsewhere, Cyrus K. is likely to be thinking better than many of his age.  About career opportunities.  He's been taught that life is a long run, not a quick sprint.  His family moved to the USA for better educational opportunities.  Which is why I could easily picture Cyrus Kouanjio as an architect.

I could see CK as an architect myself..as long as its from Auburn University... :zapbama:

Cyrus' teammate at Dematha (Jordan Lomax - S) committed to Iowa tonight.  Does anyone know if Iowa is a serious contender for Cyrus?  He visited there a couple of weeks ago but haven't heard much about it....except that Cyrus hates the cold.

I haven't read anywhere concerning Iowa as a serious contender. I think that would be quite the surprise to everyone.

Iowa is in his top 3 with Auburn and Alabama. Most people think Auburn and Alabama are the most likely destinations, but Iowa is definitely a player

Iowa is in his top 3 with Auburn and Alabama. Most people think Auburn and Alabama are the most likely destinations, but Iowa is definitely a player

Didn't Iowa's coaches just cause 13 players to be hospitalized with rhabdomyolysis?

Didn't Iowa's coaches just cause 13 players to be hospitalized with rhabdomyolysis?

Yep, it was sort of a freak incident though. All of them are ok

Iowa is in his top 3 but I can't imagine them actually being a player for him. Again, I haven't seen anything on here or anywhere else indicating them over us or Bammer. We are in Crowell's top 3 as well, lotta good that did us. Ha!

Iowa is in his top 3 but I can't imagine them actually being a player for him. Again, I haven't seen anything on here or anywhere else indicating them over us or Bammer. We are in Crowell's top 3 as well, lotta good that did us. Ha!

UAT does not have an architecture school, Auburn does. Considering the Kouandijos moved here for an education, that has to be a HUGE factor in his decision...it's not all about football to them.

Plus playing time always is a big pull, especially if you don't have to worry about possibly pushing your brother out. That seemed big from what I've seen from here.

Yeah, it's either AU or Bama for Big C

The kid is a beast on the football field, that is a given.

That being said, everything I read points to the fact that he is even more impressive off the field.

I have nothing to base that on except the pieces I have read about him. He really seems like an 'Auburn Man'.

Hopefully one day I can call up Kouandjio Architects and have him design me something after he graduates from AU Architecture. Heck, maybe even draw me a picture for the office since he is an artist as well!

Of the schools on his list, Iowa and UAT are the only schools without architecture majors.

I really hope we can welcome him to the Auburn Family on Weds!

WDE

Quick question: where did this talk about him potentially being an architecture major come from? Was it just speculation, or did he actually say something to that effect?

Regardless, I don't know that Auburn having an architecture program necessarily helps us out that much, simply because I don't think that if he comes to Auburn, he will end up majoring in architecture. I am currently in architecture at Auburn, and I can honestly say that there is no way that someone could manage the necessary time commitment that both football and architecture demand. I think that the coaches would kind of let him know this, if he were thinking about taking on that major at Auburn.

Quick question: where did this talk about him potentially being an architecture major come from?  Was it just speculation, or did he actually say something to that effect? 

Regardless, I don't know that Auburn having an architecture program necessarily helps us out that much, simply because I don't think that if he comes to Auburn, he will end up majoring in architecture.  I am currently in architecture at Auburn, and I can honestly say that there is no way that someone could manage the necessary that both football and architecture demand.  I think that the coaches would kind of let him know this, if he were thinking about taking on that major at Auburn.

Isn't that the major of that QB Luck at Stanford?

I've seen you guys first hand, and you live in the land of the midnight sun.  It must be achievable somehow.  Maybe he gets the prereq's out of the way and comes back after a successful NFL career and finishes>

I played football and graduated in Physics. It is very possible to obtain a degree from a very challenging program at Auburn while playing football. Just a thought

The talk of being interested in architecture was in a post by ST reviewing his visit. That post was then deleted. Luck is indeed an architecture major. I would think if he could handle the work at Stanford and be a star QB, then Big C could as well. Easy? No. Possible? Yes.

The talk of being interested in architecture was in a post by ST reviewing his visit. That post was then deleted. Luck is indeed an architecture major. I would think if he could handle the work at Stanford and be a star QB, then Big C could as well. Easy? No. Possible? Yes.

Could not say it better  :believe:

I guess anything is possible but... I graduated AU's architecture program and cant imagine a football player having enough time to even handle the intro drawing/drafting courses much less the 8-or-so hour per day commitment needed for studios (which were non-stop for the final 4 years of a 5-year program when I was matriculating).

He'll probably have plenty of money to hire an architect one day. I should give him my business card...

Quick question: where did this talk about him potentially being an architecture major come from? Was it just speculation, or did he actually say something to that effect?

Regardless, I don't know that Auburn having an architecture program necessarily helps us out that much, simply because I don't think that if he comes to Auburn, he will end up majoring in architecture. I am currently in architecture at Auburn, and I can honestly say that there is no way that someone could manage the necessary that both football and architecture demand. I think that the coaches would kind of let him know this, if he were thinking about taking on that major at Auburn.

I've seen you guys first hand, and you live in the land of the midnight sun. It must be achievable somehow. Maybe he gets the prereq's out of the way and comes back after a successful NFL career and finishes>

I honestly struggled with regard to whether or not I should post this. I didn't want it to any way be seen as a slight to Cyrus, or any other AU recruit considering architecture. But, I just can't see how it would be possible. First, I'll just say that the prereq's aren't the issue at all. I finished my core in freshman year, due to AP credit, and those few core classes didn't make any difference really in how much time I had to dedicate to school. It's the 6-hour studio class that is the issue. I remember thinking about it during the week leading up to the SEC Championship game, which happened to coincide with the week leading up to our final reviews. There were many days, where I left Dudley Hall only to eat and shower, and at one point went 54 strait hours before finally getting to sleep. I just don't see how that would be acceptable, for an athlete who was also expected to day in and day out perform at a D1 level. There is a reason there are no varsity football or basketball players, currently in AU's Architecture program. In fact, the only football player in the College of Architecture, Design, and Construction last year was Neil Caudle who majored in Building Science.

As for Andrew Luck, I can't say to much about his situation because I don't know that much about his degree, or Stanford's program. I've heard that Luck was in a hybrid-architecture program and also that he is in a BA-Architecture program, though I don't know if either of these is actually true. I can say in full confidence though that Auburn's Architecture program is one of the most intense in the country, which is why we hopped Cornell this past year for first place in Design Intelligence Magazine as the "Most Admired Program by the Deans of Architecture".

Quick question: where did this talk about him potentially being an architecture major come from?  Was it just speculation, or did he actually say something to that effect? 

Regardless, I don't know that Auburn having an architecture program necessarily helps us out that much, simply because I don't think that if he comes to Auburn, he will end up majoring in architecture.  I am currently in architecture at Auburn, and I can honestly say that there is no way that someone could manage the necessary that both football and architecture demand.  I think that the coaches would kind of let him know this, if he were thinking about taking on that major at Auburn.

I've seen you guys first hand, and you live in the land of the midnight sun.  It must be achievable somehow.  Maybe he gets the prereq's out of the way and comes back after a successful NFL career and finishes>

I honestly struggled with regard to whether or not I should post this.  I didn't want it to any way be seen as a slight to Cyrus, or any other AU recruit considering architecture.  But, I just can't see how it would be possible.  First, I'll just say that the prereq's aren't the issue at all.  I finished my core in freshman year, due to AP credit, and those few core classes didn't make any difference really in how much time I had to dedicate to school.  It's the 6-hour studio class that is the issue.  I remember thinking about it during the week leading up to the SEC Championship game, which happened to coincide with the week leading up to our final reviews.  There were many days, where I left Dudley Hall only to eat and shower, and at one point went 54 strait hours before finally getting to sleep.  I just don't see how that would be acceptable, for an athlete who was also expected to day in and day out perform at a D1 level.  There is a reason there are no varsity football or basketball players, currently in AU's Architecture program.  In fact, the only football player in the College of Architecture, Design, and Construction last year was Neil Caudle who majored in Building Science.

As for Andrew Luck, I can't say to much about his situation because I don't know that much about his degree, or Stanford's program.  I've heard that Luck was in a hybrid-architecture program and also that he is in a BA-Architecture program, though I don't know if either of these is actually true.  I can say in full confidence though that Auburn's Architecture program is one of the most intense in the country, which is why we hopped Cornell this past year for first place in Design Intelligence Magazine as the "Most Admired Program by the Deans of Architecture".

While it would be an extreme challenge, don't forget that players at places like Vandy and Duke not only major in, but excel in things like Biomedical Sciences. The only difference here is Cyrus is LOADED with talent. It will take a lot of hard work, but it is possible, and I think he could pull it off.

Archived