Welcome Cyrus Kouandjio

Tiger Growlin

AUScholar Dad....

In regards to your question.

1. Parents get their logding (2 rooms maximun), meals and snacks, and any sporting event on campus paid for (such as a basketball game).

2. Transportation is a little weird.

A. Parents can receive a mileage reimbursement IF they drive and bring the recruit with them.

B. IF the recruit chooses to fly, the school can only pay for the recruits plane ticket. Parents or guardians must pay for their own flights.

3. The school can only pay for these expenses for a period of 48 hrs I believe. That's why you see most officials start on a Friday afternoon and usually end by Sunday at noon.

I hope that answers your questions.

• Replies 883
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still wondering if parents get their expenses paid if they go on an OV with their child. Anyone know?

Yes they do for the OV to the school, but AUQBDAD said it best having lived through the experience himself in the past year.

I'm still very confident about landing CK. I'm still putting together some loose ends but it looks good right now.

Well let's get it going then Jonesy.

This is a curiosity question and don't take it in smart way. In the case of CK how do your sources know? If he really doesn't know himself and is indeed "going to sit down with his family and decide," how does anybody know much at all? Just going with gut feeling based on what they do know?

Not sure if it's taboo to ask a fella about his sources.

Still wondering if parents get their expenses paid if they go on an OV with their child. Anyone know?

Sorry the EXPERT  ;) beat me to it but here you go...

"During an official recruiting trip, which may not exceed 48 hours, a recruit and his or her parent/parents may receive meals on or off campus, lodging on or off campus and complimentary admission to campus athletic events. In addition, recruiting hosts can be given $30 a day to cover entertainment costs, such as movies and concerts, for their recruit."

Its easy to understand why they didn't come.  AUQBDAD didn't even come with Kiehl on his visit. I am sure they are leaving this up to Big C ike it should be.

I am not privy to Cyrus' parents reasoning on not being in AU, and my status being such would never assume to guess as to why they didn't come.

Saying that, there comes a time, that after you have done the very best you could in preparing your child to make such an important decision that you have to step back and show them that you trust in their capacity to make the right choice...and let them know that you are there if they need you.

Cyrus has not been here multiple times and his parents have never been to visit. His parents not coming worries me a little. I hope that I am wrong.

:we:

I'm not going to speculate or criticize anyone, because I don't know their situation. I do know that I am so very glad my wife and I went with on my daughter's visit to Auburn. We had been on many college visits, but that one was special and an experience we will never forget!

:wareagle:

Ho hum Rivals article.  Kouandjio's parents apparently didn't make the trip, which wasn't addressed in the article but mentioned on the Bunker.  Guess the decision is being left up to the big boy.

I wish his parents would have made it this w/e.  This is a huge decision for a 17/18 year old and it's where he's going to call home for the next 4 years.  I don't know if this is a bad sign or not.  I wonder if they made it to turd-town with Arie last year.  It's great that the parents are letting Cyrus make his own decision but our Coaches are great at closing with the parents.  WDE Cyrus.

I dont think the parents not being there is that big a deal.  It all depends on the kid.  My parents had zero input when I decided to go to Auburn, they had full confidence in my decision.

AUScholar Dad....

In regards to your question.

1. Parents get their logding (2 rooms maximun), meals and snacks, and any sporting event on campus paid for (such as a basketball game).

2. Transportation is a little weird.

A. Parents can receive a mileage reimbursement IF they drive and bring the recruit with them.

B. IF the recruit chooses to fly, the school can only pay for the recruits plane ticket. Parents or guardians must pay for their own flights.

3. The school can only pay for these expenses for a period of 48 hrs I believe. That's why you see most officials start on a Friday afternoon and usually end by Sunday at noon.

I hope that answers your questions.

Rule #2 Is a good explination why recruiting is mostly regional.AU's traditional ground is mostly Al.,FL.Ga.Some parents cant afford plane tickets

Good info.

I think school's should be allowed to fly in both parents...the NCAA has some goofed up rules.

For home games:

I also think, based on some form of need, that school's should be allowed to provide transportation (i.e. mileage or a flat rate) and lodging for one night. This could be based on a number of factors (distance from school, income, etc). I know it could turn into a touchy subject, but it has to be a huge burden on families to try to attend games when they are 15 hours away. Some families don't need the assistance, some do.

There has to be a fair way to do it.

I am not privy to Cyrus' parents reasoning on not being in AU, and my status being such would never assume to guess as to why they didn't come.

Saying that, there comes a time, that after you have done the very best you could in preparing your child to make such an important decision that you have to step back and show them that you trust in their capacity to make the right choice...and let them know that you are there if they need you.

Totally agree.

I was a recruited athlete in high school. I took all of my official visits by myself. Obviously I talked about everything with my parents when I returned, but I definitely didn't think I needed them to be there to see the school. Cyrus comes across as a very mature kid so I'm sure he's capable of making up his own mind without having his parents with him this weekend.

I'm not gonna lie but it would be sick to have a starting line like this

LT- Cyrus Kouandjio

LG- Christian Westerman

C- Reese Dismukes

RG- Greg Robinson

RT- La'el Collins

Think of how good they would be by their sop or junior year. Dang...

Maybe in a year or two.  But no way we would start an all true freshman O Line.

Lets not forget we had a pretty good oline class last season too.  This kind of talent will make these guys Great!

actually ive heard the exact opposite. some high powered bama posters are starting to think their going to lose him.

^THIS

Is it against the rules to post a link?

actually ive heard the exact opposite. some high powered bama posters are starting to think their going to lose him.

^THIS

No. Post the link if you'd like

Well, I would if I knew where the boards were :laugh: Would someone else do the honors?

heres a post its not from a premium site or anything so it should be ok.

from a bammer poster.

Cyrus is not a lock, guys, and I'm hearing that there is some uncertainty regarding NSD and him among the coaching staff. That being said, I still think we have a solid class even without him.

He is BAMA bound boys....He influenced his Big Bro to go to Bama....he is just playing with us TIFWIW!!!!  :(

I believe it...NOT.  You have almost as much cred as I do which is none.

^THIS

Only good taste.  :P

Archived