Bears-Seahawks

triangletiger

Good game, Bears!  Now on to the Bears/Packers.  NFL footballs closest thing to Auburn/Alabama.  Though the rivalry is heated among Bear and Packer fans it doesn't come close to the Iron Bowl!  However, it can get pretty nasty (among fans moreso than players).

Interestingly, they'll be playing on Sunday to win the George Halas Trophy (Bears legendary owner and coach) and to go to the Super Bowl to win the Lombardi Trophy (Green Bay legendary coach).

Don't expect the Packers to score as much as they did at Atlanta.  I think playing indoors/turf worked to the Packers advantage. The condition of Solider Field rivals that of the BCS National Championship game, in a word, bad.  And it's not weather related.  Lambeau Field in Green Bay is always in much better shape than Soldier Field even when both are playing in 20-30 degrees.

Though I think the Packers are the better team offensively, I think the Bears pull out a win.  Defense has been playing well and special teams play is great. My prediction is 17-14 Bears.

Archived