According to Bryan Matthews...

AUTigergrad08

That is a bummer, hard to pull those big players away from the home school. But if there is one position we are pretty stacked at then its defensive end. Just too bad this guy will be lining up across from us for the next few years

I think that meeting got cancelled...

The key guy here is Gabe Wright.  The coaches want him.  They wouldn't turn away Drew, but Wright is the one they want.  Great DTs are hard to come by and Gabe is special. 

why have we parted with him?

He told the coaches he was not committing to AU and cancelled the meeting with the coaches for tomorrow.

I'm not sure there is anyone else at DE.  There are more pressing needs on this team.  We were probably holding a spot for Drew because he is a special talent, but we will add someone else to this class instead (but I doubt we add any more DE)

from SI..

Drew posted the following status update: "There will be a huge surprise on Friday........no auburn, no Georgia, no lsu......time to shock the world baby"

Hope he isn't going to the dark side..

from SI..

Drew posted the following status update: "There will be a huge surprise on Friday........no auburn, no Georgia, no lsu......time to shock the world baby"

NOT REALLY BREAKING "NEWS": Alabama paid Drew too much money to come to Bama, and gave him a brown-colored car. Why the car is brown is unknown at this time.

from SI..

NOT REALLY BREAKING "NEWS": Alabama paid Drew too much money to come to Bama, and gave him a brown-colored car. Why the car is brown is unknown at this time.

Wasn't breaking news, it was part of a story about CJ Johnson

from SI..

Wasn't breaking news, it was part of a story about CJ Johnson

:laugh: But for real, I kinda want thUGA to get better so that the rivalry (and the parity in the SEC) will get more heated, as long as we win a few more crystal balls along the way.

I really hate to lose Drew to UGA cause our right tackle will have to lineup across from him for the next 3 years. That will be a tough matchup for the OL but we'll be aight. I wish Drew the best of luck at UGA if thats where he chooses to go.

Guys Drew turned Auburn away...not vise versa.

This. Matthews is putting major spin on this. Drew said he's going to UGA so no need to visit, not the AU coaches losing interest in Drew.

But either way, we aren;t getting him, but still have an outstanding class

Archived