Colin Cowherd just said...

AuburnEngineer

He just said this Auburn team might be the worst major conference team in history of NCAA history.

He mentioned that this Auburn team facinates him.

I actually love his show and always listen to him. This does not make me mad that he said this because it actually might be true.  We need to win some games to prove this isn't true

Colins is one of those guys that have no clue about athletics.  He gets his info from the so-call expects at ESPN.  Auburn basketball is in the rebuilding process.  We have no return starter, no seniors, a first year coach.  What can you expect. 

i hate to say it but he may be right. they are definitely the worst team ive ever seen in the sec. i honestly dont believe there is an sec calibar player on the roster. im hoping we can get it turned around but it is going to be a VERY long process. several years

Colins is one of those guys that have no clue about athletics.  He gets his info from the so-call expects at ESPN.  Auburn basketball is in the rebuilding process.  We have no return starter, no seniors, a first year coach.  What can you expect. 

Colin is very smart and tells it like it his. He always goes by statistics and has a very good knowledge of sports. He wasn't putting our program down just stating what could be true.  Hopefully we will win some games down the stretch but if we don't.....well let's just not talk about that.  :laugh: :laugh:

The problem with Colin is that if you present him with a quality argument that he is wrong, he just restates his argument, except louder and slower to demean (sp?) you.  Some of what he says is very good, but when he is wrong, he just won't let it go!!! BTW, he may be right this time.  It's ok, though.  At least we are getting pub and the kids will know they can come here and get immediate playing time!!! :thumbsup:

I think Michelle Beadle knows more about sports the he does.  I love it when she make fun of him when he almost miss an entire sentment because he oversleep his afternoon nap.  Than he poke fun of employee of Applebees and Michelle Beadle had to remind him that they are one of ESPN sponsers.

Do anyone remember his prediction on our BCS game.  He sounded like an echo of McElroy.

He predicted us to win by 2 because of our size on the OL & DL.  Pretty spot on.  McElroy is a phag, and I don't mean a cigarette.

While we need a lot of improvement, worst in history is a severe exageration.  Does no one remember that Georgia team 2 or 3 years ago that one 1 game in SEC play?  There are many many cases like this. This team is one recruit's qualification away from having a handful more wins this seasn.  If we pulled in Kemp jr. you're looking at totally different team.

why was he talking about Auburn basketball?? :dunno:

They were discussing horrible NFL franchises such as oakland and how they are actually fascinating to watch.  Then he compared it to Auburn Mens Basketball  :laugh:

It's funny because it's true yet we are at the bottom coming up strong 7 fast!  We will be one hell of a story next year when we win the SEC after being this bad this year! :wedance:

I don't really care what these so-called experts say about AU Basketball i support these young men win or lose and coach Barbee will bring AU Basketball back to winning way with next years class AU will be much improved remember

Lebo left the cupboard bare and coach Barbee is and excellent recruiter in two more recruiting class under Barbee AU will be AUSOME. WAR EAGLE!!! :hellyeah::bananadance:

why was he talking about Auburn basketball?? :dunno:

They were discussing horrible NFL franchises such as oakland and how they are actually fascinating to watch.  Then he compared it to Auburn Mens Basketball  :laugh:

It's funny because it's true yet we are at the bottom coming up strong 7 fast!  We will be one hell of a story next year when we win the SEC after being this bad this year! :wedance:

from worst to first!!!

Colin is strongly west coast biased and knows little about southern teams and goes strictly by headlines and talking to a few at ESPN and it is very, very doubtful he has watched 5 minutes of an Auburn basketball game this year. Auburn obviously is not very good yet, but to say they are the worst team in history will prove to be wrong. The Florida St win alone makes Auburn better then a few teams that won nothing in the past...

I don't really care what these so-called experts say about AU Basketball i support these young men win or lose and coach Barbee will bring AU Basketball back to winning way with next years class AU will be much improved remember

Lebo left the cupboard bare and coach Barbee is and excellent recruiter in two more recruiting class under Barbee AU will be AUSOME. WAR EAGLE!!! :hellyeah::bananadance:

This a hundred times over...

Is he wrong guys? I read how everyone is upset because he makes a factual statement. Have any of you watched basketball before? What Auburn plays is not basketball, it's 5 guys running around the court like chickens with their heads cut off. I've posted before, and everyone just slammed me because many of you are blinded with O&B glasses, and cannot see this team objectively. I told everyone last week that Auburn will not win an SEC game this year, and by the way, the SEC is VERY bad. Did any of you watch the San Diego State vs. BYU game? That is how basketball should look like. Auburn does not have 1, I mean, 1 SEC type of player, and SEC has low standards when it comes to basketball. Yes, this team plays hard, but that will not get you anywhere when you can't hit a free throw or make a bucket to save your life. I'm sorry, I had to go on this rant because I'm tired of reading how many of you get upset about what is so obvious: Auburn is the worst team in the NCAA this year. And as I told everyone before, next year is not going to be any prettier...

I agree. It's embarrasing. I don't care if you are rebuilding we have anew arena and it's hard for anybody to want to come here and play when they think they will be used as a floor mat.

Is he wrong guys? I read how everyone is upset because he makes a factual statement. Have any of you watched basketball before? What Auburn plays is not basketball, it's 5 guys running around the court like chickens with their heads cut off. I've posted before, and everyone just slammed me because many of you are blinded with O&B glasses, and cannot see this team objectively. I told everyone last week that Auburn will not win an SEC game this year, and by the way, the SEC is VERY bad. Did any of you watch the San Diego State vs. BYU game? That is how basketball should look like. Auburn does not have 1, I mean, 1 SEC type of player, and SEC has low standards when it comes to basketball. Yes, this team plays hard, but that will not get you anywhere when you can't hit a free throw or make a bucket to save your life. I'm sorry, I had to go on this rant because I'm tired of reading how many of you get upset about what is so obvious: Auburn is the worst team in the NCAA this year. And as I told everyone before, next year is not going to be any prettier...

Do you think it helps these kids to hear that from the Auburn fans? No one is claiming that this is a great team. No one here has said anything even close to that. But the whole point is this.....as fans we should support this team win or lose, because they are out there every night busting their butts and being humiliated. It is very hard for them, and NONE of this is really the fault of those kids. They are what they are right now. No one has to keep pounding it into their heads how bad things look They know it. But they are trying, and I will applaud their efforts. Their morale has to be at an all time low, and the fans don't need to contribute to that.

We can't stop the press from saying what they will. But the fans should at least be supportive as Auburn and Coach Barbee try to turn things around no matter how long it takes.

I am not ashamed of this team just because they are struggling. If these kids are well behaved off the court, and are going to class, then they are representing Auburn well, and I am proud of them. Even at their worst, they have far more athletic talent than most of the people criticizing them.

War Damn Eagle!

He just said this Auburn team might be the worst major conference team in history of NCAA history.

He mentioned that this Auburn team facinates him.

I actually love his show and always listen to him. This does not make me mad that he said this because it actually might be true.  We need to win some games to prove this isn't true

its funny how the worst team ever beat FSU who beat Duke.

just saying.

anybody you play can beat you.

It is easy to come back in after a game like today, but it was obvious before today's game that this team is far from the worst team ever and in fact has some talent and plays hard. Auburn will not win a lot of games, but will win some and have a chance to finish ahead of Ole Miss and a few others if things play out right. This team will win 2 to 4 more. As I said, Colin is a west coast guy who has not seen Auburn play this year, going by articles and box scores pretending to be the expert he is supposed to be. Any one paying attention to this team see's it does have some talent, plays hard and is becoming fun to watch... 

Do you still feel this way, because most of what you said is off mark and was so even before today...

Archived