chubb out for UT game?

llthejoker

is forgetting your shoes a rule violation? :laugh: :laugh: Come on Shoeless, how the hell do you get yourself suspended. Tighten up your game :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/tony_barbee_auburn_played_timi.html

yes, this on al.com....suspended indefinitely...and not just from games, but ALL team activities. Not good for him or us....but I am sure CTB has good reason and glad to see he is not afraid to discipline players and that will pay dividends down the line, both for the example it sets and for lessons learned. Tough love I reckon you could call it.

That's too bad. after a somewhat break out game for him in a very dismal year, that will get worse if that is the case. Guess we will take our lumps and learn from them and hope the new blood coming in next year will boost things for us and improve next year...we have plenty of room for that.

That said, some of the young guys showed some good moves and  tenacity at times. But as several of us mentioned on the game thread and CTB mentioned in post game comments...for the most part, we played very tentatively and seemed scared of them at times....at least some of the players appeared that way anyway...and that was his description as well.

From what I'm hearing, I'd be surprised if he plays for Auburn again.

yep this is what im hearing got in a fight downtown and Barbee has already opened up a spot in his place .i think this means that Barbee wasnt planning on kepping Chubb next year and he is just using this as an excuse to let him go.

getting in a fight downtown doesn't sound like grounds for dismissal to me.  Wonder how much difference he would have made in the overtime loss to the dawgs?  It was an impressive effort... coming back on the road.  There has to be a way to teach 'em to hit free throws... I know that drives Coach Barbee nuts.

:wareagle:

In the middle of a season like this, I highly doubt Coach is looking for excuses to be one more man down. A fight means you're going to be running and doing some extra work. How many fights a year do you think take place at the various AU sports practices? Never playing again sounds a little more serious than that.

Resisting arrest @ 1:47 a.m. Injuries for two people. Occurred on a street corner near downtown. Loaded-

^^^this and more.

He is a good player but, we don't need guys doing that who's part of this university. He'd be able to get away with that kind of crap at uat but here. Sounds like his days could be numbered at Auburn.

Archived