Au vs Tennessee Game Thread

AUFan1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never really watch our basketball games, but it seems as though we have more fans coming in than we used to. Is it because of the new arena?

Chubb  you're killing us man!  What were you thinking?  Hope you get out of the dog house soon.  We need you big guy.

I can't stand how the announcers talk about how great Tenn is playing.  Of course they are out rebounding us.  They are huge and we got no big guys. 

Come on Chubb!

Tn does have a size advantage, but we just will not box out guys...been that way most every game. you can make them have to go over your back and draw the foul, even if they are bigger. they are just outpositioning us. period.

I never really watch our basketball games, but it seems as though we have more fans coming in than we used to. Is it because of the new arena?

Pretty much.

i certainly agree on the size thing...that has been a problem for us for years, but if you have small guys that can shoot...like Wallace just did....you can still be competitive and win some games. 

can we somehow make a game of this?  got to play better d that is for sure

If these guys can make a game out of that LSU game, they can make a game out of anything.  Just hang tight.

Not getting back on D.....and having to listen to Gottfried.....he is surprised basketball is on page 8. give me a break.

In his defense, it is probably pretty hard to keep interesting dialogue going when doing a game like this. They are having to talk about anything else but whats going on the court. Only die hard fans watching this!

I just don't like him.  I liked his dad ok. he was a great recruiter at bammer, just could not coach the great talent he had. he reminds me of Terry Bowden for some reason....not referring to the coaching.

I just don't like him.  I liked his dad ok. he was a great recruiter at bammer, just could not coach the great talent he had. he reminds me of Terry Bowden for some reason....not referring to the coaching.

I agree.

just checked football thread and a post has CR saying , and I went and checked and there is a post that appears to be from him on his wall on FB that he will sign with us. hope it is not a highjacked post. a lot of crap on his wall with imposters.  Will believe when that letter comes in....what were you saying about talking about anything to keep this interesting?!  ;D

just checked football thread and a post has CR saying , and I went and checked and there is a post that appears to be from him on his wall on FB that he will sign with us. hope it is not a highjacked post. a lot of crap on his wall with imposters.  Will believe when that letter comes in....what were you saying about talking about anything to keep this interesting?!  ;D

I'm watching the game here to escape all of that nonsense :laugh: :laugh:

yes, a couple of guys said it is  a fake FB, but said they misspelled his name to do so....it is spelled right on the one I went to. anyway, they requested thread be locked and it is. maybe tomorrow we will know for sure...one way or the other.  In spite of my optimism, the other thread from earlier today asking if we can make this better than seventy something to fifty something, or something like that, might be right on after all...unfortunately.

Archived