WRESTLING THREAD

Guest midnight

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that Wrestling is entertainment and pre-planned, but I watch most every monday I can because these people do things at times that are amazing to watch. There are several, but the one that Evan bourne and Justin Gabriel get on the top rope, turn a mid-air flip in the air and land on a guys chest laying flat is amazing that they do not break ribs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Us6UK0Vumo

I know it is scripted, but so are movies. It is a male soap opera and entertaining for some of us...

I was not trying to ruin anything for anybody.  I was just asking a question.  If it is your cup of tea, then more power to you.

:dunno:

Well, it kind of gets old.

^^THIS^^ I've always kinda taken it as an insult when people give me that "wrestling's fake" BS. Yes, it's scripted, but taking a bump in that ring, is no joke.

Well, it kind of gets old.

^^THIS^^ I've always kinda taken it as an insult when people give me that "wrestling's fake" BS. Yes, it's scripted, but taking a bump in that ring, is no joke.

Why do you take it as an insult?  If you know what it is and enjoy what you are watching, then it should not matter.

It is not for me, but a lot of things are not for me.  I just don't see it as a sport, since it is scripted.  I like my sports to be decided on the field/court/rink.  If I were to find out the NFL, or NBA games were decided before they even started, I don't think I would watch them anymore.  That is just me.  I am not downing anyone for liking their own brand of entertainment, I just asked a question if it was a sport.

:dunno:

well, no it's not a sport. In order for it to be a sport, it would have to be unscripted, unrehearsed competition; not at all what wrestling is. However, I've always seen wrestling as a movie. It's predetermined, but I, the fan/mark, don't know the outcome. I guess that's what keeps tuned in. Along with the drama that gets thrown in.  :thumbsup:

well, no it's not a sport. In order for it to be a sport, it would have to be unscripted, unrehearsed competition; not at all what wrestling is. However, I've always seen wrestling as a movie. It's predetermined, but I, the fan/mark, don't know the outcome. I guess that's what keeps tuned in. Along with the drama that gets thrown in.  :thumbsup:

those guys are still pretty good athletes to do all the stuff they do.

I agree that its more like a scripted movie with a lot of drama and entertainment that draws the fans in.

I gotta say though, its working cause im hooked.

I wish I would have bought a ticket now. The Rock, Steve Austin, Undertaker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels... An all-star line-up!

The Miz is slowly but surely going to lose his Title to John Cena.

Cena will be the new Champ at Wrestlemania.

setting up an eventual showdown with the rock.

its what the fans want to see.

triple h will rest in peace

The streak will be a tough one to break, not sure how this thing will end, but I think it will be epic.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk will be a joke, Orton will destroy him unless somebody cheats.

Cena will own the Miz.

Edge will put Del Rio out of his misery, unless someone cheats.

Snooki, Trish, and John Morrison should win their match, unless someone cheats.

So yeah I covered all tracks outside of the Triple HHH and Undertake match... thats about the only one that could go right.

The others will be influenced by help from the outsiders.

If Cena gets a fair match with the miz, he will be the new Champ, and Edge will keep his title.

triple h will rest in peace

The streak will be a tough one to break, not sure how this thing will end, but I think it will be epic.

Randy Orton vs CM Punk will be a joke, Orton will destroy him unless somebody cheats.

Cena will own the Miz.

Edge will put Del Rio out of his misery, unless someone cheats.

Snooki, Trish, and John Morrison should win their match, unless someone cheats.

So yeah I covered all tracks outside of the Triple HHH and Undertake match... thats about the only one that could go right.

The others will be influenced by help from the outsiders.

If Cena gets a fair match with the miz, he will be the new Champ, and Edge will keep his title.

you forgot kane and big show vs the core, daniel bryan vs sheamus, and jerry lawler vs michael cole

Archived