WRESTLING THREAD

Guest midnight

One of the worst all-time IMO. Then again, I was clinging on to hope that Cena would turn heel. However, Cena v. Rock @ Wrestlemania 28 looks to be pretty damn epic!

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the worst all-time IMO. Then again, I was clinging on to hope that Cena would turn heel. However, Cena v. Rock @ Wrestlemania 28 looks to be pretty damn epic!

It seems to me that a bunch of Cena fans are just bitter. But for somebody like me who has HATED Cena since he came in as some thug rapper trying to rip off Eminem, it was almost worth the wait. Almost. I don't like Cena plain and simple, you should've seen him at the end of the match. He can't stand that his character had to lose. What an arrogant individual. I don't see you as a Cena fan-but I do think that just because folks don't like the way some matches ended they're just tossing it out and don't like it. That's not fair to the whole event. I'm also a huge Edge fan and that match with Rio was fantastic.

It's going to be interesting. Booking a match for next year's WM this early? I'm curious to see what the writers do with this.

My idea: Turn Cena heel. Get it over with. Everybody knows it's coming. The Rock will be in and out periodically, and probably out for a good 2-4 month period. By this point, (2 months or so before WM), everybody hates Cena and is looking for somebody to come in and take him out, save the company, etc. etc.  Enter Rock. Good, long, entertaining storyline.

Here's the kicker: Triple H vs. Undertaker...again...for the third time..next WM. Once again, everybody can see this coming. I'm not a big fan of it, because I do not believe they will let Taker lose his last WM match. He'll retire 20-0, and it looks like his last WM win will be against a guy who he has beaten twice at the same event. The ONLY wrestler that has the name, the guts, and the slight chance of taking Taker down is Stone Cold Steve Austin. He is the only one that the fans would think had a shot. But, as I mentioned earlier, it's going to be Triple H vs. Undertaker, Round 3, which is disappointing to me.

Thoughts?

It's going to be interesting. Booking a match for next year's WM this early? I'm curious to see what the writers do with this.

My idea: Turn Cena heel. Get it over with. Everybody knows it's coming. The Rock will be in and out periodically, and probably out for a good 2-4 month period. By this point, (2 months or so before WM), everybody hates Cena and is looking for somebody to come in and take him out, save the company, etc. etc.   Enter Rock. Good, long, entertaining storyline.

Here's the kicker: Triple H vs. Undertaker...again...for the third time..next WM. Once again, everybody can see this coming. I'm not a big fan of it, because I do not believe they will let Taker lose his last WM match. He'll retire 20-0, and it looks like his last WM win will be against a guy who he has beaten twice at the same event. The ONLY wrestler that has the name, the guts, and the slight chance of taking Taker down is Stone Cold Steve Austin. He is the only one that the fans would think had a shot. But, as I mentioned earlier, it's going to be Triple H vs. Undertaker, Round 3, which is disappointing to me.

Thoughts?

I am predicting that Undertaker quits leading up to WM28 b/c the company wants to end his streak after all the time and effort he has put into the company.  So he screws the WWE by leaving early.  Just a thought since you asked for one.  ;)

This WM just didn't stick to my brain like WM 12 or 13 did; those were real classics. That whole thing with Snoop Dogg was just corny.  The reason I am probably so let down though is because I had pretty high expectations. And no, I'm not a Cena fan. He seems like a cool guy in real life, but his wrestling persona is entirely too predictable. Seeing him lose was pretty cool. I would also like to add how proud I am of the Miz. He went from semi-jobber status to WWE Champ, and one of the top heels in the Co. He's the Miz and he's AWWWWWWWWWSOME! :thumbsup:

This WM just didn't stick to my brain like WM 12 or 13 did; those were real classics. That whole thing with Snoop Dogg was just corny.  The reason I am probably so let down though is because I had pretty high expectations. And no, I'm not a Cena fan. He seems like a cool guy in real life, but his wrestling persona is entirely too predictable. Seeing him lose was pretty cool. I would also like to add how proud I am of the Miz. He went from semi-jobber status to WWE Champ, and one of the top heels in the Co. He's the Miz and he's AWWWWWWWWWSOME! :thumbsup:

Agreed. The Miz has really found his place recently. It's good to see.

I was also glad to see Rhodes and Mysterio have such a good match. Seems like Rey always brings out the best in his opponents, and Rhodes was no exception. He got over the hump at WM, and I hope the writers continue to push his character.

Agreed. The Miz has really found his place recently. It's good to see.

I was also glad to see Rhodes and Mysterio have such a good match. Seems like Rey always brings out the best in his opponents, and Rhodes was no exception. He got over the hump at WM, and I hope the writers continue to push his character.

IMO, Rhodes has the potential to be like Randy Orton-funny he was "mentored" by him before.

Did anybody else catch the whole reference to Captain America and the Red Skull at Wrestlemania? Mysterio's costme and Rhodes's character has a very Red Skull feel about him. I thought that was really clever.

Did anybody else catch the whole reference to Captain America and the Red Skull at Wrestlemania? Mysterio's costme and Rhodes's character has a very Red Skull feel about him. I thought that was really clever.

Yeah, I did. I'm excited about Captain America, Thor, and The Avengers in 2012.

I find it funny that the writers can try their best at making Rhodes a heel, but the crowd continues to cheer for him. Rhodes has so much potential. He'll be at superstar status soon.

I got two predictions right, so ill brag a little

First off I knew Cena would not turn bad.

and that he and the rock would have to help one another out at some point.

Now we have them in one year at Mania... I can almost gurantee one of them will be WWE champion and it will be on the line.

Gonna have to completely disagree with you guys. I loved it. Cena getting nailed like that was amazing. He's so arrogant and I absolutely cannot stand the guy. Hearing the boos when he walked out was music to my ears. The Rock making fun of him the whole show was absolutely outstanding. I didn't like Tripple H tapping out either, but that was one of the best matches I've ever seen. The entrances were incredible. The Captain America vs. Red Skull theme that featured Rey Meysterio against Cody Rhodes was pretty clever. The RKO on CM Punk was tremendous. By the way, if I didn't mention it before, I really really hate Cena. The Edge match to start the show was great for me because Christian and Edge are two of my all time favorite wrestlers. My only issue is that there were too many regular matches without some flavor like a Hell in the Cell or something. The Undertaker coming out to Johnny Cash was brilliant, especially that particular song. It's too bad about the Money in the Bank matches. However, there have been numerous complaints from the wrestlers about that match. It causes way too many injuries. Kahli winning the Battle Royal was great before the thing even started. Oh yeah one last thing, Cena losing was awesome.

Easy there fella.

Now we have them in one year at Mania... I can almost gurantee one of them will be WWE champion and it will be on the line.

Agreed, and I believe that one of them will be a heel...

and if I know WWE writers like I think I do, it will be Rock.  :banghead:

We shall see, Im still not convinced yet. Although, this next year surely is going to be interesting.

I really hope not, but I've had that feeling too. There's no way they can try to reproduce Rock vs Hogan.

I hope they turn Cena.

I really hope not, but I've had that feeling too. There's no way they can try to reproduce Rock vs Hogan.

I hope they turn Cena.

I think they have tried to turn Cena before... it just hasnt worked.

Its not in his nature to be bad. Hes the future superstar of the WWE. Loved or Hated... hes kinda like the Miz, everybody wants to see him at some point in the night.

Even if they Heel the Rock, hes the peoples champ, so that makes no sense. Cena draws a lot of fans and the kids love him, so if he heels, that makes no sense.

The drama over the next year will be built up on Cena and the Rock. Helping one another, hating one another.

Anticipating Wrestlemania 28 and sucking the fans in.

Sin Cara will be a nice addition.

Cena and the Rock will remain the same. Im calling it now!

we shall see

their trying to fire michael cole its easy to see , why else id he slap jack swagger last night, now him and jack swagger must face king and jr at extreme rules

I think it was legit. Just the way he talked and all did not seem like a work in any way.

Yeah I am afraid it was Legit. If he has those neck injuries, there is no way he needs to continue Wrestling. Edge gave us excitement over the last 18 years. He was something special and I will forever miss him in the ring.

He can still be a part of WWE and make appearances and probably do what Booker T is doing... Helping Stone Cold recruit new talent and come down and commentate at times on RAW.

It will make the few times we do see him that much more special.

This is tough. Last year my all time fav, HBK retires, now Edge.  :'( Gonna miss them both, that's for sure. BTW, has anyone heard when Jericho is supposed to return.

This is tough. Last year my all time fav, HBK retires, now Edge.  :'( Gonna miss them both, that's for sure. BTW, has anyone heard when Jericho is supposed to return.

I heard he was working on music? So I assume when hes done with that and is ready to come back, or perhaps when the money is offered, he will return.

I would love to have him back.

Probably after he finishes Dancing with the stars.  He is pretty good btw.

Archived