WRESTLING THREAD

Guest midnight

WrestleMania_XXVII_logo.png

Edge* vs. Alberto Del Rio

(World Heavyweight Championship!)

While I really like this match, I think it needs a little something more to it. I would like for Christian to turn on Edge and get tossed into the mix. If he isn't added into the match, I could definitely see Christian costing Edge the World Heavyweight Championship, starting a huge feud between the two.

The Miz* vs. John Cena

(WWE Championship!)

The Miz has been built up huge lately, and he is drawing major heat. I think this is gonna shock a lot of people and be one hell of a match. I can see the Rock getting involved here somehow also.

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

(The Streak!)

The Streak... What more is there to say? Every year we see someone walk in, claiming that they're going to be the one to break it, and what do we see happen? They fail. Two years in a row Shawn Michaels came closer than anyone else ever has to defeating the Undertaker. And now Triple H wants his second, yes, second chance. Triple H and Undertaker went head to head at Wrestlemania 17. Could this be the year? Undertaker's streak is bound to end somehow... Whether it does or not, this is going to be one hell of a match. I hope they soak the mat with their blood, sweat, and tears to tear down the house.

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

(Nexus Banned From Ringside!)

Orton has taken out everyone member of the New Nexus, and now only one remains. CM Punk is after Orton for what he did to him when he first won the World Heavyweight Championship. Will CM Punk get his revenge? After seeing Orton have the upperhand by taking out the Nexus, I think CM Punk comes out with a win.

Jerry "The King" Lawler vs. Michael Cole

(Special Guest Referee: "Stone Cold" Steve Austin!)

Give me a hell yeah! This is bound to be a comedy match. I hope Lawler rings Cole's neck, and I hope Austin opens up a can of whoop ass all over Michael Cole and Jack Swagger, if he decides to get involved. As long as we see some Stone Cold Stunners and a beer bash, I'll be happy.

Rey Mysterio vs. "Dashing" Cody Rhodes

This match intrigues me. While it is an undercard match, it could be a great one. Rey by himself is amazing in the ring, and I have always like Cody Rhodes since he debuted in the WWE. Hopefully Rey gives Cody the nod and puts him over at Wrestlemania.

John Morrison, Trish Stratus, and Snooki vs. Dolph Ziggler, Michelle McCool, & Layla

(Six Man Intergender Tag Team Match!)

Bleh. I don't really like this at all. The only good thing about it is seeing Trish. I think Morrison and Ziggler shoulder have had some sort of singles feud rather than being thrown into this jumble of a mess.

Daniel Bryan vs. "King" Sheamus*

(United States Championship!)

I am glad to see Sheamus back to winning. I was starting to think they pretty much wasted building him up. Hopefully his reign as United States Champion will do him some good. This match is bound to be a good one with Daniel Bryan in it. I'm sure these two will awe the crowd.

The Rock

(Special Guest Host!)

I can't wait to see what is in store for the Rock at Wrestlemania. I know he'll be layin' the Smackdown on somebody's candy ass, haha.

Hopefully one or two more matches are officially added like Big Show & Kane vs. The Corre.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if theres any other matche added it probably only be kane and big show vs the corre, if it wasnt for austin, rock, undertaker, and triple h this wrestlemania would suck big time,

I don't think it will be the best ever, but I think it will be pretty good. It has had a decent start so far.

RAW was EPIC!!!! I can't wait for Sunday.....

is this the beginning of a Cena heel turn? One can only hope.

From what I understand, yes, this is what they are planning.

Do any of you pay the $59.95 or so to watch these pay per views. I love watching raw as it is entertaining, but no way I pay those prices...

Is anyone in Auburn buying Wrestlemania? If so, maybe some of us should get together and watch it. Anyone in Auburn up for it?

RAW was EPIC!!!! I can't wait for Sunday.....

is this the beginning of a Cena heel turn? One can only hope.

From what I understand, yes, this is what they are planning.

Im not convinced of that just yet.

They can go either way with it, but Cena offered respect to the Rock and the Rock insulted him, and after getting beat from behind for 4 straight weeks by the Miz, Cena finally acted.

I have a feeling that Cena and The Rock will eventually have to come to terms and help one another out.

It may not end up that way, and Cena could go bad for a while, but if this happens, Ill be disappointed because it reminds me to much of the Hogan turn on Macho Man.

If Cena becomes a bad guy, its predictable.

So Im hoping they set us up to think that, but Cena stays the same.

From a superstar perspective, Cena had to one up the Rock because everybody expects the Rock to win every time.

It keeps things interesting.

I cant wait to see what happens next.

Cena Good, or Cena bad, Ill still like him.

Is anyone in Auburn buying Wrestlemania? If so, maybe some of us should get together and watch it. Anyone in Auburn up for it?

Im in Auburn, and that would certainly be pretty cool, My friend Russ is supposed to Order it today, if he does, Ill let you know and perhaps we can work something out.

Im in Auburn, and that would certainly be pretty cool, My friend Russ is supposed to Order it today, if he does, Ill let you know and perhaps we can work something out.

I said I would not pay the $59.95 for it, but a wrestlemania party where 15 or 20 get together and pitch in is a great idea. You might start looking around and asking some of your friends if they are interested. Heck, you might even profit if enough show at say $5 a person or put that extra money toward the refreshments of your choice...Just a thought...

Not gonna buy WM, just can't seem to spend that money, when I get keep updated via internet. Plus, it's not like they're not going to mention it on Raw.

Don't bash me though. I've bought many PPV's in my lifetime. I know the thrill and the excitement of seeing it live.

I don't know about the storyline. I think the Triple H/Undertaker plot took a good twist on Raw, but besides that, they didn't build it well.

I'm a huge Rock fan, and not a fan of Cena, so I hope Cena does turn heel. I think WWE needs to get back to the Attitude Era. Even though they've made strides, it's still nowhere near as entertaining as it was in the late 90's, early 2000's.

Here's to Triple H ending the streak. (Very, very doubtful)

And The Rock breaking out big time tomorrow night!

Just got back from Wrestlemania. Only went because I always wanted to go as a kid. Didn't expect much and thought it would be weak. It didn't even live up to my expectations.

Triple H tapping out? The match not even being the main event in the first place?

The girls match being next to last?

The Michael Cole-King match was just lame. That was sooooo boring. Took long enough for King to do some stuff and for Austin to make his presence felt. And then reversing the decision?

Double count-out for the Title, only to have the Rock restart it and then interfere?

Weak.

Just got back from Wrestlemania. Only went because I always wanted to go as a kid. Didn't expect much and thought it would be weak. It didn't even live up to my expectations.

Triple H tapping out? The match not even being the main event in the first place?

The girls match being next to last?

The Michael Cole-King match was just lame. That was sooooo boring. Took long enough for King to do some stuff and for Austin to make his presence felt. And then reversing the decision?

Double count-out for the Title, only to have the Rock restart it and then interfere?

Weak.

Agreed. It was def. one of the most disappointing Mania's I've seen.

I saw an AU jersey or two, along with a sign!

Gonna have to completely disagree with you guys. I loved it. Cena getting nailed like that was amazing. He's so arrogant and I absolutely cannot stand the guy. Hearing the boos when he walked out was music to my ears. The Rock making fun of him the whole show was absolutely outstanding. I didn't like Tripple H tapping out either, but that was one of the best matches I've ever seen. The entrances were incredible. The Captain America vs. Red Skull theme that featured Rey Meysterio against Cody Rhodes was pretty clever. The RKO on CM Punk was tremendous. By the way, if I didn't mention it before, I really really hate Cena. The Edge match to start the show was great for me because Christian and Edge are two of my all time favorite wrestlers. My only issue is that there were too many regular matches without some flavor like a Hell in the Cell or something. The Undertaker coming out to Johnny Cash was brilliant, especially that particular song. It's too bad about the Money in the Bank matches. However, there have been numerous complaints from the wrestlers about that match. It causes way too many injuries. Kahli winning the Battle Royal was great before the thing even started. Oh yeah one last thing, Cena losing was awesome.

Archived